topnotch1
I'll explain:

What if Kobe had been the 28 year old stud leader of the Lakers and Shaq had been the 21 year old hotshot newcomer with all the potential? Would Kobe have handled it better than Shaq? Would he have been more willing to feed the big man over the next few years as his skills declined and Shaq's increased? Would Shaq have made the same ultimatum Kobe did to win one on his own rather than riding someone's coattails?

Or would they both have screwed it up anyway? MBC, I especially want your reaction to this.
Ricky Rubio will be a Pamela Anderson sized bust.

6/28/2009

Quote 0 0
memorialbball
Top Notch wrote:


I'll explain:

What if Kobe had been the 28 year old stud leader of the Lakers and Shaq had been the 21 year old hotshot newcomer with all the potential? Would Kobe have handled it better than Shaq? Would he have been more willing to feed the big man over the next few years as his skills declined and Shaq's increased? Would Shaq have made the same ultimatum Kobe did to win one on his own rather than riding someone's coattails?

Or would they both have screwed it up anyway? MBC, I especially want your reaction to this.


Okay now this is getting out of hand coming up with all these excuses after the Finals is over about this and that. Lakers Won the Finals and it is over now so you don't have to go around making all of these proposals if Shaq did this or Shaq did that. Shaq isn't even with the team for this Championship and hasn't been for a long time. Stop trying to take credit away from Kobe about him having Shaq or not. Give credit to Kobe where credit is due. It just seems to early doesn't it?
Memorial Basketball: 2011 State Champions
Quote 0 0
MBC2K4_old
I look at the maturity and improved leadership of Kobe between ages 28-30 and I say he absolutely would've handled it better than Shaq. Heck he is letting Ariza, Gasol, Odom, and Bynum do their thing and has no problem doing it because it wins games.

All I know is that since they've parted ways, Kobe's teams have won more games in the regular season and in the postseason (which is impressive considering Shaq's always been on talented teams and Kobe had human waste around him for 3 years), has 2 Finals appearences, 2 scoring titles, and NBA Title, a Finals MVP, a regular season MVP, and numerous selections to All NBA and All Defensive First Teams. Shaq was swept in the first round in his last two trips to the playoffs and didn't even get there this year... so yeah, tonight, Kobe and the Lakers officially came out on the better end of the trade, no question. Kobe and the Lakers have already outdone anything Shaq and his teams have done and are in a position to only add to it in the coming years.
CURRENT RING COUNT
MBC2K4: 0
LeBron James: 0

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!!!
Quote 0 0
cory_old
I don't think you have to even dig that far. I think, to see how Kobe would have handled Shaq stealing his thunder instead of vice versa, just look how Kobe acted when Miami was in the finals (not a word out of him) and how Shaq acted during the playoffs this year. Shaq hates being out of the spotlight, he has shown a tendancy to be petty with people. Shaq has always been the one to bring up the 'feud' with kobe, how many times has kobe brought up shaq unless it was in reference to shaq talking about kobe?
I think Kobe and Shaq would have still butted heads if the roles were reversed, but it definitely wouldn't have gone down the way it did.
Quote 0 0
riseagainst
MBC2K4 wrote:


I look at the maturity and improved leadership of Kobe between ages 28-30 and I say he absolutely would've handled it better than Shaq. Heck he is letting Ariza, Gasol, Odom, and Bynum do their thing and has no problem doing it because it wins games.

All I know is that since they've parted ways, Kobe's teams have won more games in the regular season and in the postseason (which is impressive considering Shaq's always been on talented teams and Kobe had human waste around him for 3 years), has 2 Finals appearences, 2 scoring titles, and NBA Title, a Finals MVP, a regular season MVP, and numerous selections to All NBA and All Defensive First Teams. Shaq was swept in the first round in his last two trips to the playoffs and didn't even get there this year... so yeah, tonight, Kobe and the Lakers officially came out on the better end of the trade, no question. Kobe and the Lakers have already outdone anything Shaq and his teams have done and are in a position to only add to it in the coming years.


Remember 2 years ago when kobe wanted to be traded because he was whining about not having talent around him and he didn't give a rats behind about anyone else on the lakers? Some leader he is. Kobe winning a title with the lakers makes me sick to my stomach because it goes against everything you're taught as a kid about having a team-first mentality. Kobe's a me-first prick who deep down only wants to get his.
University of Wisconsin Track and Field
Quote 0 0
madcityspecial42
How about this: Do you think Kobe would have won a championship in Miami if it was him who was traded instead of shaq???? i dont think he would have. Just think about if Miami would have traded like bryant for Wade lol its fun to play around with but u can never tell for sure



Quote 0 0
clutch32
Madcityspecial42 wrote:


How about this: Do you think Kobe would have won a championship in Miami if it was him who was traded instead of shaq???? i dont think he would have. Just think about if Miami would have traded like bryant for Wade lol its fun to play around with but u can never tell for sure


That doesn't make any sense because if kobe was traded for wade that means wade wouldn't be in miami anymore. We all know if Wade wasn't in Miami then shaq wouldn't have been close to a championship
The Closer
Quote 0 0
topnotch1
MemorialBBall wrote:


Top Notch wrote:


I'll explain:

What if Kobe had been the 28 year old stud leader of the Lakers and Shaq had been the 21 year old hotshot newcomer with all the potential? Would Kobe have handled it better than Shaq? Would he have been more willing to feed the big man over the next few years as his skills declined and Shaq's increased? Would Shaq have made the same ultimatum Kobe did to win one on his own rather than riding someone's coattails?

Or would they both have screwed it up anyway? MBC, I especially want your reaction to this.


Okay now this is getting out of hand coming up with all these excuses after the Finals is over about this and that. Lakers Won the Finals and it is over now so you don't have to go around making all of these proposals if Shaq did this or Shaq did that. Shaq isn't even with the team for this Championship and hasn't been for a long time. Stop trying to take credit away from Kobe about him having Shaq or not. Give credit to Kobe where credit is due. It just seems to early doesn't it?


Huh? What are you talking about making up excuses? I'm not taking credit away from this Lakers team at all, I never even mention this Lakers team or the Championship they won. I was talking about the Shaq-Kobe feud and wondering if the situation would have played out differently if their roles were reversed. If you can't comprehend the question then go post elsewhere.
Ricky Rubio will be a Pamela Anderson sized bust.

6/28/2009

Quote 0 0
memorialbball
Top Notch wrote:


MemorialBBall wrote:


Top Notch wrote:


I'll explain:

What if Kobe had been the 28 year old stud leader of the Lakers and Shaq had been the 21 year old hotshot newcomer with all the potential? Would Kobe have handled it better than Shaq? Would he have been more willing to feed the big man over the next few years as his skills declined and Shaq's increased? Would Shaq have made the same ultimatum Kobe did to win one on his own rather than riding someone's coattails?

Or would they both have screwed it up anyway? MBC, I especially want your reaction to this.


Okay now this is getting out of hand coming up with all these excuses after the Finals is over about this and that. Lakers Won the Finals and it is over now so you don't have to go around making all of these proposals if Shaq did this or Shaq did that. Shaq isn't even with the team for this Championship and hasn't been for a long time. Stop trying to take credit away from Kobe about him having Shaq or not. Give credit to Kobe where credit is due. It just seems to early doesn't it?


Huh? What are you talking about making up excuses? I'm not taking credit away from this Lakers team at all, I never even mention this Lakers team or the Championship they won. I was talking about the Shaq-Kobe feud and wondering if the situation would have played out differently if their roles were reversed. If you can't comprehend the question then go post elsewhere.


I just thought it was a little early starting all of this right after the Lakers Won the Championship and bringing Shaq into the picture again.
Memorial Basketball: 2011 State Champions
Quote 0 0
madcityspecial42
clutch32 wrote:


Madcityspecial42 wrote:


How about this: Do you think Kobe would have won a championship in Miami if it was him who was traded instead of shaq???? i dont think he would have. Just think about if Miami would have traded like bryant for Wade lol its fun to play around with but u can never tell for sure


That doesn't make any sense because if kobe was traded for wade that means wade wouldn't be in miami anymore. We all know if Wade wasn't in Miami then shaq wouldn't have been close to a championship


if kobe was traded instead of shaq, meaning that d wade would be a laker. thats what that meant.



Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje