roadkill1
Does anyone honestly like this format better?
I really have a hard time navigating and using this site.
Pm'ing is impossible for me.
Finding latest posts and following threads is very difficult.
I can not see who's on line etc.
All things I took for granted and most forums provide.
Could someone give me some guidance on how to work this site more effectively and efficiently?
Because right now I am lost here.

Thanks,
Stan b
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
Quote 1 0
safetysqueezepleezzee11
I agree. I have similar problems. Was this developed to actually make it BETTER or to CONTROL it more?
It certainly isn't better. It was one of the easier forums I frequent, both to use and to navigate. Now it is
the worst by far of the forums I frequent. Not sure why it was changed? Was something wrong with what
we had previously? Things are not usually changed that work, what wasn't working?
Quote 0 0
traviswilson
roadkill1 wrote:
Does anyone honestly like this format better?
I really have a hard time navigating and using this site.
Pm'ing is impossible for me.
Finding latest posts and following threads is very difficult.
I can not see who's on line etc.
All things I took for granted and most forums provide.
Could someone give me some guidance on how to work this site more effectively and efficiently?
Because right now I am lost here.

Thanks,
Stan b

For PM's, they can be located by clicking on the messages icon next to your profile picture in the top right. 

Any threads that are bolded have new posts since your last visit. Clicking on the thread name will take you to the last unread post.

You can also click on the Topics tab to view all recent posts.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
blade12
No, I don't like this new format I am able to use it and find what I want but it just doesn't seem to be as easy as it used to be.

Maybe it's just the declining participation that doesn't help.
Quote 0 0
safetysqueezepleezzee11
Still awaiting an answer for the change?? Suspect I am not going to get one though. What wasn't working properly? Seems odd to change something unless something wasn't working. I suspect I will get 'we were just improving things' - Well, whoever believes this is not using the forum or reading/following it.
Quote 0 0
blade12
safetysqueezepleezzee11 wrote:
Still awaiting an answer for the change?? Suspect I am not going to get one though. What wasn't working properly? Seems odd to change something unless something wasn't working. I suspect I will get 'we were just improving things' - Well, whoever believes this is not using the forum or reading/following it.


I am presuming that the old format and it's programming was so old that it was no longer supported or serviced. Sort of like Microsoft saying they no longer provide support for Windows Vista.  
Quote 0 0
traviswilson
safetysqueezepleezzee11 wrote:
Still awaiting an answer for the change?? Suspect I am not going to get one though. What wasn't working properly? Seems odd to change something unless something wasn't working. I suspect I will get 'we were just improving things' - Well, whoever believes this is not using the forum or reading/following it.


https://playground.wissports.net/post/welcome-home-9441821?pid=1301578045
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
safetysqueezepleezzee11

I had already read that thread you posted. Essentially my "we were just improving things" was pretty accurate. Unfortunately this setup is just not very good. As I have said, it is by far the worst forum to navigate and use of any that I use. Most of the other forums I frequent are 'financial' forums, but I do frequent another sports forum too. I don't have a problem with that answer as I see it is probably a software issue and way way beyond my understanding.

How does one get from the forum back to the site for the high school teams? I have been going back to putting - WSN SPORTS on Bing and getting to the high school team stuff that way. I suspect there must be a way to get back there from this forum. Perhaps I could just put WSN SPORTS into the SEARCH - not sure. I am really not that dumb using computers and forum sites as some suspect.

Also, I see you(Travis) also had a quote end up the way many of mine do. I have no idea why when I quote a previous post, it ends up looking like part of the original post. It doesnt do it all the time either and I have no idea why.
I purposely DIDNT quote your post Travis, because I had no idea if it would do it to this post.

Quote 0 0
blade12
safetysqueezepleezzee11 wrote:

I had already read that thread you posted. Essentially my "we were just improving things" was pretty accurate. Unfortunately this setup is just not very good. As I have said, it is by far the worst forum to navigate and use of any that I use. Most of the other forums I frequent are 'financial' forums, but I do frequent another sports forum too. I don't have a problem with that answer as I see it is probably a software issue and way way beyond my understanding.

How does one get from the forum back to the site for the high school teams? I have been going back to putting - WSN SPORTS on Bing and getting to the high school team stuff that way. I suspect there must be a way to get back there from this forum. Perhaps I could just put WSN SPORTS into the SEARCH - not sure. I am really not that dumb using computers and forum sites as some suspect.

Also, I see you(Travis) also had a quote end up the way many of mine do. I have no idea why when I quote a previous post, it ends up looking like part of the original post. It doesnt do it all the time either and I have no idea why.
I purposely DIDNT quote your post Travis, because I had no idea if it would do it to this post.



In the very top left hand corner, click on the 3 lines to the left of the WSN logo and a drop down menu appears. At the very bottom of that menu is a link to wissports.net.
Quote 0 0
safetysqueezepleezzee11

blade12 wrote:


In the very top left hand corner, click on the 3 lines to the left of the WSN logo and a drop down menu appears. At the very bottom of that menu is a link to wissports.net.

 

Thanks!  There is no way I would have gotten to that on my own.

Quote 0 0
traviswilson
safetysqueezepleezzee11 wrote:

I had already read that thread you posted. Essentially my "we were just improving things" was pretty accurate. Unfortunately this setup is just not very good. As I have said, it is by far the worst forum to navigate and use of any that I use. Most of the other forums I frequent are 'financial' forums, but I do frequent another sports forum too. I don't have a problem with that answer as I see it is probably a software issue and way way beyond my understanding.

How does one get from the forum back to the site for the high school teams? I have been going back to putting - WSN SPORTS on Bing and getting to the high school team stuff that way. I suspect there must be a way to get back there from this forum. Perhaps I could just put WSN SPORTS into the SEARCH - not sure. I am really not that dumb using computers and forum sites as some suspect.

Also, I see you(Travis) also had a quote end up the way many of mine do. I have no idea why when I quote a previous post, it ends up looking like part of the original post. It doesnt do it all the time either and I have no idea why.
I purposely DIDNT quote your post Travis, because I had no idea if it would do it to this post.



Nope. Read it again.

See blade12's response.

If you put the cursor or start typing inside of the area that says "Quote" with the extra symbols around it, it will put those comments in the original post instead of as a quote.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
wiscopetty
Travis - I don't know if this is an easy fix or not (if there is such a thing), but this seems like an odd decision: When browsing threads, the creator of the topic is listed twice, and is listed twice even if they are NOT the latest reply. For example, habes44 is the creator of the topic below, but they aren't the latest reply. It seems a little redundant to list their name on both the left and the right...maybe it would be better if the creator of the topic was on the right and the author of the latest post was on the left? This goes against normal forum conventions that I've found elsewhere. This is more of a nuisance on mobile IMO.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 4.43.06 PM.png
Quote 0 0
db11
The old forum was that, old.

No more software updates were forthcoming. You can only patch things together so many times.

The log-in function broke at about noon, on 9/19, and everybody was logged out. Couldn't be fixed.

You could only read posts that were already there. No new posts could be made

Do you wanna go back to that? Doesn't seem very efficient to have a forum you can't post in.

Geez, guys. I get having style issues, but this isn't some conspiracy to mess with people. [cool]
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
roadkill1
Geez, guy, I d like to have a forum that's easy to use.
Anything wrong with that?

We have issues, we aren't allowed to bring them up?
Why so defensive?
Ill tell you why, YOU KNOW this new format is not good.


I visit approximately 20+ sites, everything from sports to dog training to trout fishing to hunting forums to Jeep forums.
None are as cumbersome as this one, including my own site.

I waited to see if I would get used to it or if anything would change.
I didn't, it hasn't.

I asked a question, you no like my question?

That's OK, I no like the new format!
And neither do most of the posters that are left..................
It's not personal, it's a fair, honest observation.
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
Quote 1 0
db11
roadkill1 wrote:
Geez, guy, I d like to have a forum that's easy to use.
Anything wrong with that?

We have issues, we aren't allowed to bring them up?
Why so defensive?
Ill tell you why, YOU KNOW this new format is not good.


I visit approximately 20+ sites, everything from sports to dog training to trout fishing to hunting forums to Jeep forums.
None are as cumbersome as this one, including my own site.

I waited to see if I would get used to it or if anything would change.
I didn't, it hasn't.

I asked a question, you no like my question?

That's OK, I no like the new format!
And neither do most of the posters that are left..................
It's not personal, it's a fair, honest observation.



FWIW, no, this isn't the best forum interface I've ever used.

Navigating back-and-forth is a lot clunkier than it used to be. Not having a "forum tree" on every page is tough. Creates extra clicks.

The quote feature is a bit erratic. If you don't put your cursor down below the quotes things can get wonky. As much as we like to bag on SSP his block quotes issue is not entirely on his end (although he could go in and edit them after the fact as wiscopetty laid out on the "Forum stinks for Packers news" thread).

And personally, I prefer light text on a dark background. Easier on the eyes.

As far as actually being able to read and follow posts (the main point of it all), minus the quoting quirk, I don't really have any problems.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje