MBC2K4_old
Jesus, they were up 12 in the second quarter and now are down 12 midway through the third! LeBron and Wade have been clanking free-throws all day long & neither guy has a jumpshot in his arsenal to save his life. They look totally baffled against the *GASP* 2-3 zone that Greece has been running! Coach K is such a retard. He leaves these guys in and doesn't call a timeout until Greece's run at full-throddle. He has no clue how to coach the international game. You do not put five guys around the perimeter and just rely on penetration & dish to score. He has no three-point shooter out there and he has no big man playing at the free-throw line and facilitating the ball down through the high post. This is just a circus, and we have the guys like Joe Johnson, Elton Brand, and Brad Miller that could be doing all this for us but they're all on the bench.
CURRENT RING COUNT
MBC2K4: 0
LeBron James: 0

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!!!
Quote 0 0
db1112
Who really cares? Does this game mean anything? Whats it for?

The NBA is boring, college basketball is where its at.
"The runner goes, Hall juices it into left center field.....THE BREWERS WIN...."

"And there's a drive into left field, this is hit well, and IT'S GONE....RYAN BRAUN...A 2-RUN HOME RUN, THE BREWERS TAKE THE LEAD..."
Quote 0 0
hoopster11_old
You can tell how immature players like Lebron James and Dwayne Wade are when it comes to International games. Neither of them have faced a tough "team" defense in their entire life, and now that they are challenged they are just lost. Too much standing around on offense, it just doesn't make any sense. To make things worse USA free throwing shooting was just awful, that can't happen. I suggest in the next two years, Coach K puts in a zone offense of some sort. It might help.

On a side note: Kirk Hinrich is the best player on the USA roster when it comes to international play. Plays tough in your face defense against the guards, is a floor general and leader on the floor, and can score in a variety of ways. He should be the starter for this team for the next few years, not Chris Paul. Chris Paul works great in a fastbreak run and gun system, which is what the USA can run if they want to keep pounding chumps like Puerto Rico, Senegal, China, etc. If the USA wants to play to their highest international potential, Kirk Hinrich is their man.
Los Angeles Lakers

2011 Wissports Fantasy Football Regular/Postseason Champion
Quote 0 0
MBC2K4_old
Well if anything, this should serve as a big "I TOLD YOU SO" to all the people who said Team USA would win the gold without the likes of Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce on the team. Guys like Wade and James can not lead under these types of rules. If we were playing NBA rules it'd be different, but in international play, other teams can just sit back in the lane and not worry about a defensive three seconds and they can just wait for Wade & James to come flying into the paint out of control like they always do and force bad shots. Wade is so far out of control in these international games it's not even funny. How many dunks did he botch in this game? The overall basketball IQ is very, very low with this team. I mean the USA is down by 8 with a minute left and LeBron James is walking around with the ball at the top of the key???
CURRENT RING COUNT
MBC2K4: 0
LeBron James: 0

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!!!
Quote 0 0
hoopster11_old
I'm still just amazed at the zone offense Team USA ran. They did the two absolute worst things that you can do against zones, 1. stand around, 2. dribble the ball. I mean, don't you learn in Freshman ball that those are the worst possible things to do? I know I was taught very early to never be caught standing on offense, and that ball movement is key in breaking a zone. I'm sorry, but standing at the top of the key dribbling between your legs for 10 seconds, and then shooting an offbalance 20 footer just isn't that smart. So, so, so frustrating.
Los Angeles Lakers

2011 Wissports Fantasy Football Regular/Postseason Champion
Quote 0 0
kenny78
Quote:
ORIGINAL: MBC2K4

Well if anything, this should serve as a big "I TOLD YOU SO" to all the people who said Team USA would win the gold without the likes of Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce on the team. Guys like Wade and James can not lead under these types of rules. If we were playing NBA rules it'd be different, but in international play, other teams can just sit back in the lane and not worry about a defensive three seconds and they can just wait for Wade & James to come flying into the paint out of control like they always do and force bad shots. Wade is so far out of control in these international games it's not even funny. How many dunks did he botch in this game? The overall basketball IQ is very, very low with this team. I mean the USA is down by 8 with a minute left and LeBron James is walking around with the ball at the top of the key???


And that is going to be better with Bryant and Pierce? Those two guys are prime examples of the NBA game of standing around with the ball playing one-on-one waiting for their defender to fall over. They, along with the rest of the NBA, have no clue how to deal with true TEAM basketball, especially when team defense is applied to them. The NBA promotes individual play, which is great for highlights and marketing but very poor for team play. Personally I was surprised that Coach K agreed to lead a group of pros for exactly that reason.
Quote 0 0
db11
Once again, this proves that the NBA brand of basketball is a joke as well as the NBA's gimmicky rules, such as defensive three seconds...

Get back to basics...not that these streetballers ever knew the basics to begin with though..[]
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
john42
Quote:
ORIGINAL: DB1985

Once again, this proves that the NBA brand of basketball is a joke as well as the NBA's gimmicky rules, such as defensive three seconds...

Get back to basics...not that these streetballers ever knew the basics to begin with though..[]


Exactly. This shows that the big stars and supposed best basketball players don't know how to play a game where the offense isnt protected by gimmics and no calls. Maybe the NBA should get back to playing basketball how it was meant to be played and the US would dominate international play.
"If I caught 756, I'd take a sharpie out of my pocket and draw on asterisk on it then hand it to Barry for free."

? Rubenonfire
Quote 0 0
sparky40_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: db_11

Who really cares? Does this game mean anything? Whats it for?

The NBA is boring, college basketball is where its at.



this guy comes on the NBA board and says "who cares about the nba, college basketball is where its at" what an idiot
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje