nyybball Show full post »
wiscopetty
warrior2spartan wrote:
wiscopetty wrote:
dfnewburry wrote:
Kudos should be given to Pete Carrol for taking the blame , unlike a certain coach here in Wisconsin who fired the fans choice .


Unless you're insinuating Slocum shouldn't have been fired, these situations aren't comparable until we know Bevell's fate, which I'm guessing will be unemployment.


1. Slocum deserved to be fired for a season long case of short comings.

2. Highly doubt Bevell will be fired and if he is, he won't be unemployed for very long.

Ever talk to Seahawk fans? They really haven't liked Bevell for a while now and basically think he's holding the offense back.
Quote 0 0
hgerner13
Is anybody else just sitting back with a thing of popcorn and watching this conversation play out?
Quote 0 0
db11
wiscopetty wrote:
warrior2spartan wrote:
wiscopetty wrote:
dfnewburry wrote:
Kudos should be given to Pete Carrol for taking the blame , unlike a certain coach here in Wisconsin who fired the fans choice .


Unless you're insinuating Slocum shouldn't have been fired, these situations aren't comparable until we know Bevell's fate, which I'm guessing will be unemployment.


1. Slocum deserved to be fired for a season long case of short comings.

2. Highly doubt Bevell will be fired and if he is, he won't be unemployed for very long.

Ever talk to Seahawk fans? They really haven't liked Bevell for a while now and basically think he's holding the offense back.


And not the Arena League-level corps of receivers?
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
dawgstyle
riseagainst wrote:
Tom Brady looking average against a team that isn't weak, what a shocker...

Quote:

Counting playoffs, Brady played a league-high 10 games against opponents that finished the regular season among the top 10 in Total QBR allowed. He finished with a 7-3 starting record, 24 touchdown passes, nine interceptions and a 79.2 QBR score against those teams, even though one of those games was against Buffalo in Week 17, when New England pulled Brady from the game early.

Roethlisberger was the only other quarterback with a higher QBR score (80.8) against those top-10 defenses. He had a 6-1 record against those teams and had 16 touchdowns with three interceptions. Rodgers went 1-4 against those teams with five touchdowns, five picks and a 50.1 QBR score that ranked 12th out of 31 qualifying players.

With Brady completing mostly short passes against Seattle in the Super Bowl, the Patriots finished at plus-15.9 in offensive expected points added, the best any offense has fared against Seattle since Detroit's offense added 17.9 points above expectation back in Week 8 of the 2012 season. Seattle's secondary was obviously diminished because of injuries, but such is life 19 games into the season.
@2GuysFromWI

Harbaugh will have Urban Meyer retired from OSU by 2020.
Quote 0 0
wiscopetty
db11 wrote:
wiscopetty wrote:
warrior2spartan wrote:
wiscopetty wrote:
dfnewburry wrote:
Kudos should be given to Pete Carrol for taking the blame , unlike a certain coach here in Wisconsin who fired the fans choice .


Unless you're insinuating Slocum shouldn't have been fired, these situations aren't comparable until we know Bevell's fate, which I'm guessing will be unemployment.


1. Slocum deserved to be fired for a season long case of short comings.

2. Highly doubt Bevell will be fired and if he is, he won't be unemployed for very long.

Ever talk to Seahawk fans? They really haven't liked Bevell for a while now and basically think he's holding the offense back.


And not the Arena League-level corps of receivers?

Well, that too. I believe I heard Sunday night that none of their starting WRs were drafted, which is just nuts. At some point, Wilson needs to be surrounded by actual talent.

This speaks to a larger point about the Seattle offense: it's very precarious. A lot of warts are covered up by Lynch and Wilson's playmaking ability when things break down. Look at the rest of the unit. The o-line is not good. WRs are self-explanatory. Letting Lynch walk IMO would be a monumental mistake. Yes, I realize the market value of old running backs is poor, but he's the engine that drives that offense. There will be some tough decisions ahead for John Schneider to make, but I gotta think extending Lynch during the Seahawks' foreseeable window has to be a priority.
Quote 0 0
dawgstyle
wiscopetty wrote:
db11 wrote:
wiscopetty wrote:
warrior2spartan wrote:
wiscopetty wrote:
dfnewburry wrote:
Kudos should be given to Pete Carrol for taking the blame , unlike a certain coach here in Wisconsin who fired the fans choice .


Unless you're insinuating Slocum shouldn't have been fired, these situations aren't comparable until we know Bevell's fate, which I'm guessing will be unemployment.


1. Slocum deserved to be fired for a season long case of short comings.

2. Highly doubt Bevell will be fired and if he is, he won't be unemployed for very long.

Ever talk to Seahawk fans? They really haven't liked Bevell for a while now and basically think he's holding the offense back.


And not the Arena League-level corps of receivers?

Well, that too. I believe I heard Sunday night that none of their starting WRs were drafted, which is just nuts. At some point, Wilson needs to be surrounded by actual talent.

This speaks to a larger point about the Seattle offense: it's very precarious. A lot of warts are covered up by Lynch and Wilson's playmaking ability when things break down. Look at the rest of the unit. The o-line is not good. WRs are self-explanatory. Letting Lynch walk IMO would be a monumental mistake. Yes, I realize the market value of old running backs is poor, but he's the engine that drives that offense. There will be some tough decisions ahead for John Schneider to make, but I gotta think extending Lynch during the Seahawks' foreseeable window has to be a priority.


They had talent around him. Things didnt work out for one reason or another. Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin both come to mind.
@2GuysFromWI

Harbaugh will have Urban Meyer retired from OSU by 2020.
Quote 0 0
dawgstyle
safetysqueezepleezzee11 wrote:
dawgstyle wrote:
importfromil wrote:
dawgstyle wrote:
But where are the stories coming from. I don't know you, but I assume you don't run in the same circles as Tom Brady. So if this is a ton of 2nd 3rd and 4th hand stories from people that know a guy that knows a guy, I'm still inclined to disregard it. The National Media is pretty good about calling out giant dbag celebs, see Justin Beiber, and I haven't seen any of that from them.

OK, I'll bite on this.

Do I have 1st-hand stories about Brady? Only from 2006 training camp, when my kids sat in the VIP section next to the locker rooms and most of the Patriots players at least came by and shook hands and signed shirts and such ... and then Brady took virtually the longest possible arc away from the section to avoid having to interact with any of the fans in any way possible (including not even so much as waiving to acknowledge people were calling out to him, much less even a look up and a nod of the head). But, let's ignore that and pretend it's a one-time thing. I have numerous stories from:

-- People who lived in and around Brady's place in Boston when he had an apartment there
-- People who ran into Brady at the store, on the street, or other non-PR events
-- People who asked Brady early in his career to help out with fundraisers and got told to "write a check, if it's big enough I'll think about it" among other pleasantries (many of which included choice 4-letter words).
-- And yes, let's not forget him dumping then 8 months pregnant Bridget Moynahan.

Do you have a positive experience with him? Yes? Then good for you - I'm glad you have pleasant memories. The two years I was in Boston? The negative stories about him FAR outweighed the positives - and it wasn't even close. And again, it's not like this was some group of people that knew each other; it was people from all parts of the Boston metro area. Really difficult to write it off as made up - but hey, if the media isn't reporting it (because we all know the media never covers stories up), then it can't possibly be true.

Kind of like Shanahan. Did I ever personally meet him? No - but I know a ton of 2nd-hand, 3rd-hand stories about him (including from team officials in each of the stops he made in his NHL career) that are not positive in any way. When you hear a number of similar stories from unrelated people, there's probably something to them (especially when you hear it from people who witnessed events and players who verify certain stories) - but, I suppose it's probably a bunch of disgruntled people because the media has never said anything about it. And hey, he's done a ton of stuff that's great PR (raised money for MS, held the "Shanahan Summit" in 2004 to improve the game, etc.) - and anyone who does good things like that can't possibly be a complete jerk when people aren't watching.


I never said I had a positive experience with him. I never met Tom Brady. Therefore I don't claim to know the mans character like I would my friends and family or coworkers. I'll tell you what, based on your criteria, why don't you name me a celebrity that isn't a giant d bag? Because I guarantee you that every single one of them on the level of Tom Brady has thousands and thousands of haters that could "tell you stories."

You think there are 10,000 people in Wisconsin alone that could tell you about the time they ran into Aaron Rodgers at Costco and he wouldn't acknowledge them, so they think hes a p.o.s? C'mon, this is America, where people find an excuse to be slighted by people that have more than them.


And WHY would Aaron Rodgers go to COSTCO?? - to save a few bucks on a case of olives?
That has to be one of your dumber 'what ifs'.
People who don't want to be around crowds, are celebs, etc are NOT going to go to COSTCO, Walmart or the like.
I am no celeb, but I hate crowds and would never go to any of those dirtbag magnets.


It wasn't mean to be literal. Celebrities go shopping. They go to bars. They DO in fact go around people. I don't even know where the nearest Costco is to La Crosse WI (This is where I live, I don't know why Aaron Rodgers would go to La Crosse either), I didn't literally mean COSTCO. Your inability to read between the lines on things is ridiculous sometimes.

The point is that all kinds of people can tell you a story about some celebrity and how they don't like them due to some really stupid story of a 1 time interaction. I mean heaven forbid some guy was having a bad day, was in a hurry, etc and didn't want to stop and take a picture with you or give an autograph. (This was not directed at imports experience but just people in general and how they react to celebrities.)
@2GuysFromWI

Harbaugh will have Urban Meyer retired from OSU by 2020.
Quote 0 0
safetysqueezepleezzee11
dawgstyle wrote:
safetysqueezepleezzee11 wrote:
dawgstyle wrote:
importfromil wrote:
dawgstyle wrote:
But where are the stories coming from. I don't know you, but I assume you don't run in the same circles as Tom Brady. So if this is a ton of 2nd 3rd and 4th hand stories from people that know a guy that knows a guy, I'm still inclined to disregard it. The National Media is pretty good about calling out giant dbag celebs, see Justin Beiber, and I haven't seen any of that from them.

OK, I'll bite on this.

Do I have 1st-hand stories about Brady? Only from 2006 training camp, when my kids sat in the VIP section next to the locker rooms and most of the Patriots players at least came by and shook hands and signed shirts and such ... and then Brady took virtually the longest possible arc away from the section to avoid having to interact with any of the fans in any way possible (including not even so much as waiving to acknowledge people were calling out to him, much less even a look up and a nod of the head). But, let's ignore that and pretend it's a one-time thing. I have numerous stories from:

-- People who lived in and around Brady's place in Boston when he had an apartment there
-- People who ran into Brady at the store, on the street, or other non-PR events
-- People who asked Brady early in his career to help out with fundraisers and got told to "write a check, if it's big enough I'll think about it" among other pleasantries (many of which included choice 4-letter words).
-- And yes, let's not forget him dumping then 8 months pregnant Bridget Moynahan.

Do you have a positive experience with him? Yes? Then good for you - I'm glad you have pleasant memories. The two years I was in Boston? The negative stories about him FAR outweighed the positives - and it wasn't even close. And again, it's not like this was some group of people that knew each other; it was people from all parts of the Boston metro area. Really difficult to write it off as made up - but hey, if the media isn't reporting it (because we all know the media never covers stories up), then it can't possibly be true.

Kind of like Shanahan. Did I ever personally meet him? No - but I know a ton of 2nd-hand, 3rd-hand stories about him (including from team officials in each of the stops he made in his NHL career) that are not positive in any way. When you hear a number of similar stories from unrelated people, there's probably something to them (especially when you hear it from people who witnessed events and players who verify certain stories) - but, I suppose it's probably a bunch of disgruntled people because the media has never said anything about it. And hey, he's done a ton of stuff that's great PR (raised money for MS, held the "Shanahan Summit" in 2004 to improve the game, etc.) - and anyone who does good things like that can't possibly be a complete jerk when people aren't watching.


I never said I had a positive experience with him. I never met Tom Brady. Therefore I don't claim to know the mans character like I would my friends and family or coworkers. I'll tell you what, based on your criteria, why don't you name me a celebrity that isn't a giant d bag? Because I guarantee you that every single one of them on the level of Tom Brady has thousands and thousands of haters that could "tell you stories."

You think there are 10,000 people in Wisconsin alone that could tell you about the time they ran into Aaron Rodgers at Costco and he wouldn't acknowledge them, so they think hes a p.o.s? C'mon, this is America, where people find an excuse to be slighted by people that have more than them.


And WHY would Aaron Rodgers go to COSTCO?? - to save a few bucks on a case of olives?
That has to be one of your dumber 'what ifs'.
People who don't want to be around crowds, are celebs, etc are NOT going to go to COSTCO, Walmart or the like.
I am no celeb, but I hate crowds and would never go to any of those dirtbag magnets.


It wasn't mean to be literal. Celebrities go shopping. They go to bars. They DO in fact go around people. I don't even know where the nearest Costco is to La Crosse WI (This is where I live, I don't know why Aaron Rodgers would go to La Crosse either), I didn't literally mean COSTCO. Your inability to read between the lines on things is ridiculous sometimes.

The point is that all kinds of people can tell you a story about some celebrity and how they don't like them due to some really stupid story of a 1 time interaction. I mean heaven forbid some guy was having a bad day, was in a hurry, etc and didn't want to stop and take a picture with you or give an autograph. (This was not directed at imports experience but just people in general and how they react to celebrities.)


Pretty obvious that I did "read between the lines" as I said 'what ifs'.
Your inability to read and comprehend is amazing.
Your 2nd paragraph was pure drivel and went on to explain the OBVIOUS.
Don't try so hard to sound intelligent - you might blow a blood vessel.
Start with learning the proper use of the word - literally.
You sound like a teenage girl the way you use it.
Quote 0 0
riseagainst
dawgstyle wrote:
safetysqueezepleezzee11 wrote:
dawgstyle wrote:
safetysqueezepleezzee11 wrote:
dawgstyle wrote:
importfromil wrote:
dawgstyle wrote:
But where are the stories coming from. I don't know you, but I assume you don't run in the same circles as Tom Brady. So if this is a ton of 2nd 3rd and 4th hand stories from people that know a guy that knows a guy, I'm still inclined to disregard it. The National Media is pretty good about calling out giant dbag celebs, see Justin Beiber, and I haven't seen any of that from them.

OK, I'll bite on this.

Do I have 1st-hand stories about Brady? Only from 2006 training camp, when my kids sat in the VIP section next to the locker rooms and most of the Patriots players at least came by and shook hands and signed shirts and such ... and then Brady took virtually the longest possible arc away from the section to avoid having to interact with any of the fans in any way possible (including not even so much as waiving to acknowledge people were calling out to him, much less even a look up and a nod of the head). But, let's ignore that and pretend it's a one-time thing. I have numerous stories from:

-- People who lived in and around Brady's place in Boston when he had an apartment there
-- People who ran into Brady at the store, on the street, or other non-PR events
-- People who asked Brady early in his career to help out with fundraisers and got told to "write a check, if it's big enough I'll think about it" among other pleasantries (many of which included choice 4-letter words).
-- And yes, let's not forget him dumping then 8 months pregnant Bridget Moynahan.

Do you have a positive experience with him? Yes? Then good for you - I'm glad you have pleasant memories. The two years I was in Boston? The negative stories about him FAR outweighed the positives - and it wasn't even close. And again, it's not like this was some group of people that knew each other; it was people from all parts of the Boston metro area. Really difficult to write it off as made up - but hey, if the media isn't reporting it (because we all know the media never covers stories up), then it can't possibly be true.

Kind of like Shanahan. Did I ever personally meet him? No - but I know a ton of 2nd-hand, 3rd-hand stories about him (including from team officials in each of the stops he made in his NHL career) that are not positive in any way. When you hear a number of similar stories from unrelated people, there's probably something to them (especially when you hear it from people who witnessed events and players who verify certain stories) - but, I suppose it's probably a bunch of disgruntled people because the media has never said anything about it. And hey, he's done a ton of stuff that's great PR (raised money for MS, held the "Shanahan Summit" in 2004 to improve the game, etc.) - and anyone who does good things like that can't possibly be a complete jerk when people aren't watching.


I never said I had a positive experience with him. I never met Tom Brady. Therefore I don't claim to know the mans character like I would my friends and family or coworkers. I'll tell you what, based on your criteria, why don't you name me a celebrity that isn't a giant d bag? Because I guarantee you that every single one of them on the level of Tom Brady has thousands and thousands of haters that could "tell you stories."

You think there are 10,000 people in Wisconsin alone that could tell you about the time they ran into Aaron Rodgers at Costco and he wouldn't acknowledge them, so they think hes a p.o.s? C'mon, this is America, where people find an excuse to be slighted by people that have more than them.


And WHY would Aaron Rodgers go to COSTCO?? - to save a few bucks on a case of olives?
That has to be one of your dumber 'what ifs'.
People who don't want to be around crowds, are celebs, etc are NOT going to go to COSTCO, Walmart or the like.
I am no celeb, but I hate crowds and would never go to any of those dirtbag magnets.


It wasn't mean to be literal. Celebrities go shopping. They go to bars. They DO in fact go around people. I don't even know where the nearest Costco is to La Crosse WI (This is where I live, I don't know why Aaron Rodgers would go to La Crosse either), I didn't literally mean COSTCO. Your inability to read between the lines on things is ridiculous sometimes.

The point is that all kinds of people can tell you a story about some celebrity and how they don't like them due to some really stupid story of a 1 time interaction. I mean heaven forbid some guy was having a bad day, was in a hurry, etc and didn't want to stop and take a picture with you or give an autograph. (This was not directed at imports experience but just people in general and how they react to celebrities.)


Pretty obvious that I did "read between the lines" as I said 'what ifs'.
Your inability to read and comprehend is amazing.
Your 2nd paragraph was pure drivel and went on to explain the OBVIOUS.
Don't try so hard to sound intelligent - you might blow a blood vessel.
Start with learning the proper use of the word - literally.
You sound like a teenage girl the way you use it.


Pretty much no one here ever agrees with me. Very few would disagree with me in this case.

You are wrong.


For what it's worth, I disagree with you. Anytime somebody challenges your opinions (often times in good faith and with solid rebuttals), you revert to your philosophical psychobabble as a defense mechanism to ensure that you never "lose" an argument.
University of Wisconsin Track and Field
Quote 0 0
mrmike527
Really interesting story I have about Brady--

A lot of churches do 7-10 day long mission trips like "Mission Jamaica" (the one my church did) or etc. Often you are there at the same time as another church and you end up working with other people.

When I was in elementary school some family friends went the year that Brady graduated from Michigan, and Brady was there with his parents. They ended up working together, and he told them how he was trying to get drafted, and they thought he was pretty down to earth for a "star" college QB. They got him to sign a football and I remember my parents pointing him out as the guy that their friends had met on a mission trip. Obviously that football is quite a bit more valuable now.

Honestly the vast majority of people are nice enough. If I were famous there would be a million stories about me being a butt, not greeting fans, not stopping for photos, not putting up with fan BS, and etc. His teammates like him and he's likeable enough in interviews--I have a hard time believing that the vast majority of NFL players wouldn't be pretty cool if you were stuck in an elevator with them for an hour or so. It's sort of funny to grade someone's personality based on how willing they are to sign an autograph or give people high fives whenever they are commanded to by the fans.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje