wildraider
Hate to see this story in the Tribune today. Hope the girls are ok. Runandstun, give us updates if you can.


Sparta Teen Hurt in Crash

Two Sparta teens were injured in a one-car crash early this morning north of Sparta.
The crash was reported at about 1:30 a.m. on Hwy. 27, about a half-mile north of Hwy. S in the town of Little Falls, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
Martha Wilms, 17, was driving a vehicle south on Hwy. 27 when it went off onto the shoulder of the road, according to officials. Wilms then over-corrected, causing the car to cross the northbound lane of traffic before it entered a ditch and struck several tress.
Wilms was air-lifted to Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse with life-threatening injuries. Wilms' pasenger, Ellyn Herman, 19, was transported to St. Mary's Hospital in Sparta with non-life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
Quote 0 0
runandstun
wildraider wrote:


Hate to see this story in the Tribune today. Hope the girls are ok. Runandstun, give us updates if you can.


Sparta Teen Hurt in Crash

Two Sparta teens were injured in a one-car crash early this morning north of Sparta.
The crash was reported at about 1:30 a.m. on Hwy. 27, about a half-mile north of Hwy. S in the town of Little Falls, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
Martha Wilms, 17, was driving a vehicle south on Hwy. 27 when it went off onto the shoulder of the road, according to officials. Wilms then over-corrected, causing the car to cross the northbound lane of traffic before it entered a ditch and struck several tress.
Wilms was air-lifted to Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse with life-threatening injuries. Wilms' pasenger, Ellyn Herman, 19, was transported to St. Mary's Hospital in Sparta with non-life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.


Martha had five hours of suregry to repair her hip yestreday and did well.prognosis is pretty goodfor an eventual recovery.maybe even a chance to get back on the court next year in college.
Quote 0 0
runandstun
runandstun wrote:


wildraider wrote:


Hate to see this story in the Tribune today. Hope the girls are ok. Runandstun, give us updates if you can.


Sparta Teen Hurt in Crash

Two Sparta teens were injured in a one-car crash early this morning north of Sparta.
The crash was reported at about 1:30 a.m. on Hwy. 27, about a half-mile north of Hwy. S in the town of Little Falls, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
Martha Wilms, 17, was driving a vehicle south on Hwy. 27 when it went off onto the shoulder of the road, according to officials. Wilms then over-corrected, causing the car to cross the northbound lane of traffic before it entered a ditch and struck several tress.
Wilms was air-lifted to Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse with life-threatening injuries. Wilms' pasenger, Ellyn Herman, 19, was transported to St. Mary's Hospital in Sparta with non-life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.


Martha had five hours of suregry to repair her hip yestreday and did well.prognosis is pretty goodfor an eventual recovery.maybe even a chance to get back on the court next year in college.

Unfortunately Martha had to undergo a second five hour operation yesterday to stabalize a fracture in her spine.The good news is I saw her afterwards and she came thrugh with flying colors.She will be in the hospital for another week or so. All the concern shown for her by teammates, oppnents, coaches etc. is greatly appreciated by her, and her family. She has a long rehab to endure but will make a full recovery.
Quote 0 0
afan1
Do they have a caring bridge site ? As someone who unfortunately has been in a position to need to have info and progress shared it is a wonderful way to do it.
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
Quote 0 0
runandstun
a fan wrote:


Do they have a caring bridge site ? As someone who unfortunately has been in a position to need to have info and progress shared it is a wonderful way to do it.


I will pass this on to her family.Thanks
Quote 0 0
afan1
[link]http://www.caringbridge.org/[/link]

It's a nice free site that one can post a journal and updates.
For loved ones and family it is a way of getting the word out on progress and updates. Saves taking alot of calls, etc. from those that love and care about them.

It has a great guest book for people to post get well wishes and a simple way to let the family know how many people out there really care and are praying for their recovery.



"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
Quote 0 0
focus1
I was just curious how Martha is doing. Has anyone heard anything? Coach?
Quote 0 0
runandstun
We were with her yesterday and she is progressing well. It will be a long time before she is home.
Focus wrote:


I was just curious how Martha is doing. Has anyone heard anything? Coach?


Quote 0 0
runandstun
Martha finally got to come home yesterday.hopefully its all good for her from here on through her total recovery.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje