ecmem96_old Show full post »
db11
hoopsaddict wrote:


DB wrote:


hoopsaddict wrote:


How about the NY2LA Tournament charging $9 dolllars to see there basketball games. I would imagine that 80-90% of the people only come to watch just thier own school. To me today when I was only planning to watch one game that was really outrageous.


I dropped $8 to watch one game at NY2LA a few years ago. At least Cerroni dropped 40 so it was somewhat worth it.

Haven't been back since, but that was moreso because I didn't like the atmosphere at all.


Game Mangement for NY2LA said that it would be too dificult to clear a gym after every game. I really wonder why its such a big deal. Like I already said most people that attend these games are generally there to watch their game and then they leave. I will never attend a NY2LA early season tournament game again unless I am going to watch more than one game. The odds of that happening are very very small. I personally beleive the truth might be they're more out for the money then anythinig.


I'm glad you called it "the truth" because that's exactly what it is.

If you want bang for your buck the WBY Shootout is where it's at for HS hoops in Wisconsin.

The City/Suburban thing is alright too.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
jwood902
hoopsaddict wrote:


DB wrote:


hoopsaddict wrote:


How about the NY2LA Tournament charging $9 dolllars to see there basketball games. I would imagine that 80-90% of the people only come to watch just thier own school. To me today when I was only planning to watch one game that was really outrageous.


I dropped $8 to watch one game at NY2LA a few years ago. At least Cerroni dropped 40 so it was somewhat worth it.

Haven't been back since, but that was moreso because I didn't like the atmosphere at all.


Game Mangement for NY2LA said that it would be too dificult to clear a gym after every game. I really wonder why its such a big deal. Like I already said most people that attend these games are generally there to watch their game and then they leave. I will never attend a NY2LA early season tournament game again unless I am going to watch more than one game. The odds of that happening are very very small. I personally beleive the truth might be they're more out for the money then anythinig.


$9 for six games is not really a bad price. Most of the bigger tournaments charge this. I guess what should they do in your opinion? Having everyone pay 4 or 5 bucks and let them stay for the whole day?
Quote 0 0
hoopsaddict
jwood9_02 wrote:


hoopsaddict wrote:


DB wrote:


hoopsaddict wrote:


How about the NY2LA Tournament charging $9 dolllars to see there basketball games. I would imagine that 80-90% of the people only come to watch just thier own school. To me today when I was only planning to watch one game that was really outrageous.


I dropped $8 to watch one game at NY2LA a few years ago. At least Cerroni dropped 40 so it was somewhat worth it.

Haven't been back since, but that was moreso because I didn't like the atmosphere at all.


Game Mangement for NY2LA said that it would be too dificult to clear a gym after every game. I really wonder why its such a big deal. Like I already said most people that attend these games are generally there to watch their game and then they leave. I will never attend a NY2LA early season tournament game again unless I am going to watch more than one game. The odds of that happening are very very small. I personally beleive the truth might be they're more out for the money then anythinig.


$9 for six games is not really a bad price. Most of the bigger tournaments charge this. I guess what should they do in your opinion? Having everyone pay 4 or 5 bucks and let them stay for the whole day?


I compeltey agree with your assesment that $9 for six games is a great price. However you probably missed my earlier posts in which i stated most people, like myself, in this situation were only in attendence for one game. Thus making the $9 entry fee 3 times the cost of a regular game.
Quote 0 0
jwood902
hoopsaddict wrote:


jwood9_02 wrote:


hoopsaddict wrote:


DB wrote:


hoopsaddict wrote:


How about the NY2LA Tournament charging $9 dolllars to see there basketball games. I would imagine that 80-90% of the people only come to watch just thier own school. To me today when I was only planning to watch one game that was really outrageous.


I dropped $8 to watch one game at NY2LA a few years ago. At least Cerroni dropped 40 so it was somewhat worth it.

Haven't been back since, but that was moreso because I didn't like the atmosphere at all.


Game Mangement for NY2LA said that it would be too dificult to clear a gym after every game. I really wonder why its such a big deal. Like I already said most people that attend these games are generally there to watch their game and then they leave. I will never attend a NY2LA early season tournament game again unless I am going to watch more than one game. The odds of that happening are very very small. I personally beleive the truth might be they're more out for the money then anythinig.


$9 for six games is not really a bad price. Most of the bigger tournaments charge this. I guess what should they do in your opinion? Having everyone pay 4 or 5 bucks and let them stay for the whole day?


I compeltey agree with your assesment that $9 for six games is a great price. However you probably missed my earlier posts in which i stated most people, like myself, in this situation were only in attendence for one game. Thus making the $9 entry fee 3 times the cost of a regular game.


I did catch that and yes a lot of people probably only go to the one game but, without the ability to clear the gym out you have to charge like everyone is going to stay for the entire day.

Quote 0 0
hoopsaddict
Would it really be all that hard to clear out a gym? The game I was at there were barely 400 people there.
Quote 0 0
db11
When I went it was run in I believe two-game sessions and it was $8 per session, which isn't unreasonable, however, a lot of people were just there to see their team play, and kind of got shafted, maybe some sort of pre-sale discount to those people could be used.

I think you could also get all-tournament passes for like $30 or something.

My problem wasn't really with the price, as much as the atmosphere, the whole thing felt like some sort of hustle was going on.

As far as making money goes, just check the NY2LA site and try and access to their premium stuff...
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
marc1234
CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW ROY MARSHALL AT MILW.PULASKI IS STILL PLAYING H.S. BASKETBALL WHEN HE WAS A SOPH.IN 2006 AT MILW.CUSTER AN HE HAS BEEN TO THREE M.PS. SCHOOLS.
Quote 0 0
bne55
Cedarburg 64 Neenah 61

Wrightstown 67 Freedom 54

Algoma 59 Hilbert 38

Seymour 62 Ashwaubenon 37

Denmark 43 Waupaca 38

GB East 58 Menasha 29

FVL 59 Appleton NOrth 52

App. East 46 Xavier 37

WDP 69 Rhinelander 57

Bonduel 58 Crivitz 39

Whitefish bay 69 Manty Lincoln 54

Verona 71 Sheb North 60

Osh North 74 Middelton 58

Randolph 74 Sheb South 64
2016 Derek Lendosky Poster of the year
@brent_erdmann
Quote 0 0
db1112
Slinger 52, Mayville 37
"The runner goes, Hall juices it into left center field.....THE BREWERS WIN...."

"And there's a drive into left field, this is hit well, and IT'S GONE....RYAN BRAUN...A 2-RUN HOME RUN, THE BREWERS TAKE THE LEAD..."
Quote 0 0
db11
marc wrote:


CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW ROY MARSHALL AT MILW.PULASKI IS STILL PLAYING H.S. BASKETBALL WHEN HE WAS A SOPH.IN 2006 AT MILW.CUSTER AN HE HAS BEEN TO THREE M.PS. SCHOOLS.


Re-classification?
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
parkerhoops
BertsDad wrote:


Edgewood 57
J'Ville Craig 47

EHS led 47-22 in the 3rd. Craig made a decent late surge to make it respectable. Sophs Arienz and Brink are pretty darn good.


Craig only made a run because ME put their subs in, and they were not good. ME doesn't appear to go very deep on their bench. Craig is just flat out bad. No wonder Suter retired...
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje