sportsfan12 Show full post »
bb211
schneidejj06 wrote:


Is a Viking fan talking about Quarterback play?


Well, even Viking fans wouldn't call him one of their own.
You are not smarter than your favorite team's upper management, so stop trying to be.
Quote 0 0
afan1
You know what, life is too short to keep holding on to the would of, could of, should of banter.

I AGAIN have decided that this joker is not worth MY time as he is locked up in the past and his hero.

It's obvious that we as a group, have can see the forest thru the tree's and GET IT.

Some will not obviously and there is nothing we can do about it but ignore them I guess.


"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
Quote 0 0
iansportsdude
gotnogame wrote:


THOSE who fail to remember the past are condemned to REPEAT it. Learn from mistakes to avoid them in the future. TT-the franchise killer.....


The Packers have done this before? I wasn' t aware that when the packers had their losing seasons, it was because Brett Favre wasn't on the team. As I recall it was because Ron Wolf was the best GM in the history of the franchise, albeit, Favre was one of his many great moves. However, to say that because Favre isn't on the team that they have no chance, is incredibly pessimistic not only for this season, but the future of the franchise going forward regardless who the GM is.
Quote 0 0
afan1
gotnogame wrote:


THOSE who fail to remember the past are condemned to REPEAT it. Learn from mistakes to avoid them in the future. TT-the franchise killer.....


[ul]All of us live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon.[/font]Traditional thinking is all about "what is". Future thinking will also need to be about what can be.[/font]The future is not an inheritance, it is an opportunity and an obligation.[/font] [/ul] Have a good day GNG

[/font]
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
Quote 0 0
mrmike527
gotnogame wrote:


Brett will be done in a year or two either way. My point all along was we had a team on cusp of SB and TT did not make moves to get the PACK over the top. Favre staying in GB was only a part of overall effort (lack of by TT). Nothing to get over just stating the obvious. Proof is in the pudding. Last year at this time we were 7-1 this year 4-4 even with another year of maturity for TT picks plus all the new "talent" he brought in. My view-Pack should be on way to 2nd consecutive SB appearance and win. Instead think playoffs this year is a major reach as is a 500 season. If it is basically the same team and TT is this genius that should not happen. Favre put em on his back early and they had some luck late last year but the truth is TT has assembled this wonderfull 8-8 squad if they are lucky. Now next year the bookend tackles retire as possibly do the cornerbacks and the PACK has "rebuilding" written all over them for next 2-3 years. Great-enjoy it. Go VIKES.


I don't understand how TT is a franchise killer if he built both the 13-3 team and the 4-4 team. I also don't understand the difference between when he assembled a 6-10 squad 8 weeks ago and now, when its an 8-8 squad.
Quote 0 0
SJ 2010_old
This goes from the Packers re-signing Aaron Rodgers to we want Brett back. Get over it people. Bretts gone Aarons here.
Quote 0 0
voiceofreason
I think it interesting that when someone trolls on boards like Scout (a la the wonderful Wisconsin 300), they are banned and removed.

Yet here we have someone who trolls and continually (and admittedly) pushes people's buttons just for the sake of creating the same argument over and over again. And it's not an argument that can ever be proven by fact, but is only on observation and speculation. You can say 13-3 to 4-4 all you want... but who can ever prove that Brett/Packers combination wouldn't be in the same situation -- or even a worse record?

With the defense playing the way they were before the bye-week, nothing can be compared to last year's record... the entire team approach is different because they can't stop the run.
Proud purveyor of plus-twos to posters purportedly pontificating purposefully.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Multi Multa; Nemo Omnia Novit
Quote 0 0
cheebs09_old
What you have to remember is Favre isn't the only addition to the Jets this year. The Jets spent a lot on free agents (I can't remember who, but its all that was talked about when speaking about the Jets) and Thomas Jones has been better this year (only had 1 TD last year). Also the AFC is much weaker this year. The Pats are worse, Chargers are worse. The only real legit team right now is the Titans, maybe Baltimore. The Packers have had a tougher schedule and their defense has been killed with injuries. So comparing the last two years for each team is apples and oranges. Watching the Oakland NYJ game the other week, it was the same old Favre throwing picks at crucial times or not even coming close on some throws. I am very happy with Rodgers as the QB right now and for the future.
You can't win em all, but you can win most of em.
Quote 0 0
voiceofreason
gotnogame wrote:


voice_of_reason wrote:


I think it interesting that when someone trolls on boards like Scout (a la the wonderful Wisconsin 300), they are banned and removed.

Yet here we have someone who trolls and continually (and admittedly) pushes people's buttons just for the sake of creating the same argument over and over again. And it's not an argument that can ever be proven by fact, but is only on observation and speculation. You can say 13-3 to 4-4 all you want... but who can ever prove that Brett/Packers combination wouldn't be in the same situation -- or even a worse record?

With the defense playing the way they were before the bye-week, nothing can be compared to last year's record... the entire team approach is different because they can't stop the run.



Agreed Voice-from now on all sports discussion that is an observation, speculation, or can not be proved SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY BANNED. Say goodbye boards.....


That's not what I'm saying, and you know it. Look at the sentence previous to the one you conveniently highlighted.
Proud purveyor of plus-twos to posters purportedly pontificating purposefully.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Multi Multa; Nemo Omnia Novit
Quote 0 0
iansportsdude
gotnogame wrote:


" don't understand how TT is a franchise killer if he built both the 13-3 team and the 4-4 team. I also don't understand the difference between when he assembled a 6-10 squad 8 weeks ago and now, when its an 8-8 squad. "

The key element of the 13-3 squad was there LONG before TT as is being shown this year and it is a 6-10 squad--only said 8-8 to be kind to poor Packer fans who have already been laid low about the reality of NO playoffs this year or in the forseeable future.

Come on now--they were 13-3 last year and supposedly much improved this year with all the young studs with another year under their belts and the old whats his name run out on a rail. Plus tons of new talent from this draft picked by the gm genius and molded quickly by the miracle man of the gridiron McCarthy. All hail the new dynasty. It would be a miracle if they ever lost a game. Never fear though they are tied for 10th best record in the nfc. Will take 10-6 to slip into wild card this year so better shut that drafty window of losses. No problem you say as can always win the north? Except one game behind bears who beat em twice last year when they were 13-3.

All in all a must win this weekend for the green and gold-except they don't.


Are you implying the Vikings are going to close the season 7-1? Or that the Bears are going to finish the season 6-2 with Rex Grossman at the helm? 10-6 wins this division easily, 9-7 and you have a shot at the division.

Quote 0 0
mrmike527
gotnogame wrote:


" don't understand how TT is a franchise killer if he built both the 13-3 team and the 4-4 team. I also don't understand the difference between when he assembled a 6-10 squad 8 weeks ago and now, when its an 8-8 squad. "

The key element of the 13-3 squad was there LONG before TT as is being shown this year and it is a 6-10 squad--only said 8-8 to be kind to poor Packer fans who have already been laid low about the reality of NO playoffs this year or in the forseeable future.

Come on now--they were 13-3 last year and supposedly much improved this year with all the young studs with another year under their belts and the old whats his name run out on a rail. Plus tons of new talent from this draft picked by the gm genius and molded quickly by the miracle man of the gridiron McCarthy. All hail the new dynasty. It would be a miracle if they ever lost a game. Never fear though they are tied for 10th best record in the nfc. Will take 10-6 to slip into wild card this year so better shut that drafty window of losses. No problem you say as can always win the north? Except one game behind bears who beat em twice last year when they were 13-3.

All in all a must win this weekend for the green and gold-except they don't.


If the key element was there before last year, why did the team go 4-12? Or 8-8? If the key element was there long before TT, how come they hadn't gone 13-3 in 10 years?
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje