Brew City Legend wrote:
Do I have to get involved guys (on both arguments here, personal and conference?). Let me advise you guys, stop with the "you're a crybaby" "you are punks" "what do you know oldy" "what do you know youngen" - it's getting old. The message board is for stating opinion, facts, and professional and respectful arguments.
If I so feel that is not upheld, either I or Travis will shut down this board entirely. So there is that.
Next, my prediction.
1. Barneveld. They will likely go undefeated and Johnson (barring injury) should easily win POY.
2. Monticello. Bring back some great guards, but like four other teams, has a new coach. They should be fine, though.
3. Pecatonica. They have talent, like Jeglum. However, without Feller and Kurschner, they will hurt on occasion.
4. Black Hawk. TJ Adams is a good player and should keep them in games/up in games this season.
5. Albany. They lost a lot, but Doescher is a good coach.
6/7. Juda/Argyle. I think each wins a game or two in conference, with likely a season split between both of them.
Overall, this is a down year for the conference. Last year saw Monticello earn the conference title by playing amazing. Barneveld was good and Place kept Black Hawk in the hunt. That's why I think Holz, Place and Johnson were very deserving candidates for POY. This year, I think Johnson is the far and away front runner. It would be like Tim Tebow playing in the MAC.
On the girls side, it gets interesting. Black Hawk and Barneveld will likely duke it out for the top spot. From there it's anyone's guess.
1b. Black Hawk. The two will split and sweep everyone else.
3. Pecatonica. Chandler may be the one (wo)man show this year. There are good compliments on the team, but she herself could/should average over 20+ ppg.
4. Juda. Juda is more primed for a postseason run than a conference run, given their quality post (Boeke and Kiser). If they finish third, it will not be a surprise.
5. Albany. Nearly all juniors with talent.
6. Monticello. Could also interchange.
7. Argyle. Just a guess.
If anything, the girls side is very wide open. After BH and Barneveld, you could make a case for any team. I think the girls side of things is up in talent/play this year where as the boys are down. Then again, no one has stepped on the court yet. One injury could change everything.