hoopsaddict
Pewaukee upsets New Berlin Eisenhower in the WIAA Division 2 Regional Final game. Final Score after four tough peroids of play was 51-44. The Pirates were lead by Taylor Jannsen's 19 points, and the Lions were lead by Matt Dorlacks 13 points. The Pirates will face the winner of the CMH Wisconsin Luthern Game tonight at Seven.


Ike Scoring
Matt Dorlack 13
Matt Barth 8
Alex Izzo 8
Nick Pesqueira 8
Jim Root 5
Ben Steffs 2

Pewaukee Scoring
Taylor Jannsen 19
JJ Watt 18
Alex Barr 6
Nick Klomstad 4
Brad Opie 4
Quote 0 0
hoopsaddict
New Berlin Eisenhower won conference, was ranked 7th in the Area, ranked 6th in the state in Division 2, and was seeded number 1 in the Bracket.
Quote 0 0
db11
Milwaukee North over BD is an upset. Pewaukee over IKE not so much. The numbers may say so, but logical thinking doesn't.

Speaking of BD, they should really be embarrassed about their performance on Thursday. I went and watched North's game today, and they...are flat-out bad.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
hoopsaddict
In the poll people voted 30 to 10 in favor of New Berlin Eisenhower, there were the underdogs in the game. People were not going there thinking Pewaukee was going to win unless they were Pewaukee Fans/Students.
Quote 0 0
db11
Quote:
ORIGINAL: pewpirate

In the poll people voted 30 to 10 in favor of New Berlin Eisenhower, there were the underdogs in the game. People were not going there thinking Pewaukee was going to win unless they were Pewaukee Fans/Students.


Was IKE the favorite? Yes. But not every time the favorite loses does it constitute an upset. Especially when the teams had already met twice this year and each team came away with a victory.

A lot of people thought IKE would win, yes. But who here is surprised that Pewaukee won? I doubt that anybody is.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
db11
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Coyot413

I'm not a big believer in the ranking/polls anyways. They're a joke to me.

And in speaking of North Division? I saw them 3 times this year, and they have a SH!T ton of athleticism and skill....but they're undercoached and extremely undisciplined, which stems from their coach. Most of that North team consists of Juniors as well so, if they could get some decent coaching they'd be a HELL of a team next year.


Naw. Some more discipline will help, but there is a serious lack of basketball IQ on that squad.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
db11
D2 Girls Sectional Final:

Grafton 47
New Berlin Eisenhower 45

Tough day for IKE basketball as a whole.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
takedown918_old
Those were honestly THE worst refs I've ever seen. 4 goaltending calls against Ike within about 2 minutes. 1 or 2 were goaltending, but one didn't even reach the rim. People were just tipping it around under the basket. The ref that called that one was at half court. Pewaukee did play a good game, but I think the refs really screwed Ike over today. It wasn't both refs though. Just the fat guy.
DCFD - Protecting the nation's capital.
Quote 0 0
Fan247_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: takedown918

Those were honestly THE worst refs I've ever seen. 4 goaltending calls against Ike within about 2 minutes. 1 or 2 were goaltending, but one didn't even reach the rim. People were just tipping it around under the basket. The ref that called that one was at half court. Pewaukee did play a good game, but I think the refs really screwed Ike over today. It wasn't both refs though. Just the fat guy.


Please tell me they weren't the same refs as the TW-BC game.
Quote 0 0
takedown918_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Fan247

Quote:
ORIGINAL: takedown918

Those were honestly THE worst refs I've ever seen. 4 goaltending calls against Ike within about 2 minutes. 1 or 2 were goaltending, but one didn't even reach the rim. People were just tipping it around under the basket. The ref that called that one was at half court. Pewaukee did play a good game, but I think the refs really screwed Ike over today. It wasn't both refs though. Just the fat guy.


Please tell me they weren't the same refs as the TW-BC game.


No they weren't. Honestly, I thought they were worse in the Ike/Pewaukee game. The refs were definately bad in the TW/BC game as well though. I've noticed at least one bad ref in the last 6 or so games I've seen.
DCFD - Protecting the nation's capital.
Quote 0 0
Chuckles7615_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: takedown918

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Fan247

Quote:
ORIGINAL: takedown918

Those were honestly THE worst refs I've ever seen. 4 goaltending calls against Ike within about 2 minutes. 1 or 2 were goaltending, but one didn't even reach the rim. People were just tipping it around under the basket. The ref that called that one was at half court. Pewaukee did play a good game, but I think the refs really screwed Ike over today. It wasn't both refs though. Just the fat guy.


Please tell me they weren't the same refs as the TW-BC game.


No they weren't. Honestly, I thought they were worse in the Ike/Pewaukee game. The refs were definately bad in the TW/BC game as well though. I've noticed at least one bad ref in the last 6 or so games I've seen.


Like I said before the black hair guy is the Head of Refs in the WIAA, that is just complete bullshit like I said again.
http://chuckcorner.blogspot.com- Please Comment, I finally am starting to work on this on a consistant basis. Would love to hear your thoughts.

A Part of the WSN's Atari Bigby Fan Club



Quote 0 0
nuclearmeltdown
Yeah the refs were pretty bad but pewaukee came to play today...ike was off in the 2nd half and pewaukee took advantage of it

Quote 0 0
Fan247_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: kev1788

The refs werent that bad. Ikes guards are so talked up on this board, and to be honest they didnt come to play at all yesterday. Ike threw up more 3's then ive seen a team shoot all year, and JJ Watt dominated the game inside.

TW let that game slip away. After they had a chance to win it in regulation, but didnt even get a shot off. Gierhan didnt do anything either. Rico played tough, but picked up some cheap fouls

Edit: Anyone who was there had to see the worst sportsmanship ive ever seen. I think it was mahn? had two really hard fouls on watt, not that it bothered him, and dorlack swung at Klomsted. When i was walking out the pewaukee players were going to the locker room. An Ike parent proceeded to tell them that they wouldnt have won if it wasnt for the refs.



Tosa West's offense has pretty much centered around Rico, so when he fouled out for doing nothing it was kind of tough especially because it went to OT. It's not that TW doesn't have talent besides him, it's just tough to suddenly have to play without your best player. Also, how many times BC went to the line late in the game (not just TW fouling late to get the ball) really pissed me off. The refs have to let them play late in the game, not call fouls for touching somebody. Also, the way things were going i was expecting either Scott or Krenzien's travels to be fouls (they likely would have for BC). They played their asses of and I have to give them credit for that, the better team didn't win.
Quote 0 0
jimmyq1
Let's try and stay away from comments about the refs and the such...it hasn't been bad so far, but make sure to be respectful towards the refs, players, and each other.

Quote 0 0
takedown918_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: JimmyQ

Let's try and stay away from comments about the refs and the such...it hasn't been bad so far, but make sure to be respectful towards the refs, players, and each other.


It's hard in this situation. I've never been so mad at one individual ref before. Especially in such a close, and important game. Like I said, Pewaukee played great. They earned their win. I just think Ike also earned a win here if the ref was different.
DCFD - Protecting the nation's capital.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje