safetysqueezepleezzee11
Another great use of the time clock in the final 2 minutes of the first 1/2 by Coach McMuffin.
Quote 0 0
elsmith4
Did I miss something?  They tried getting a FG I thought. 
Quote 0 0
elsmith4
Not that I was excited to watch this game, but this roughing the pass b.s. is really making me opposed to Sundays.  I can get excited about Badger  football but I just can't with the NFL anymore.  
Quote 0 0
db11
Another great use of the time clock in the final 2 minutes of the first 1/2 by Coach McMuffin.


Considering how many times he's been burned doing that not surprised he's now reticent to do it.

You do need to call it there though. Skins were gonna score regardless. Might as well get Rodgers another possession.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
dfnewburry
Vince McMahon should sue the NFL for stealing his script writing team .








Quote 0 0
elsmith4
wow add in the fact that there has been 10 penalties against the Pack.   Can a team do anymore more to lose a game for Rodgers?
Quote 0 0
db11
elsmith4 wrote:
wow add in the fact that there has been 10 penalties against the Pack.   Can a team do anymore more to lose a game for Rodgers?


Defense has been fantastic in the second half after being complete garbage in the first...offense is meh. Rodgers carrying team and guys not making plays. Receiver core was atrocious today.

Need to find some consistency. In games 1 and 3 they've been terrible in the first half and better in the second. Game 2 was the opposite of that.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
db11 wrote:


Defense has been fantastic in the second half after being complete garbage in the first...offense is meh. Rodgers carrying team and guys not making plays. Receiver core was atrocious today.

Need to find some consistency. In games 1 and 3 they've been terrible in the first half and better in the second. Game 2 was the opposite of that.


As you pointed out, this team is all over the board.

Did the Packers vs. Vikings match-up take something out of both teams? The Vikings were throttled by the worthless Bills...at home. 
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
gstacy
take something out of both teams? this was their 3rd game of the year. who would you say is tired for the Packers?
Quote 0 0
db11
gstacy wrote:
take something out of both teams? this was their 3rd game of the year. who would you say is tired for the Packers?


I don't know if I buy it affecting this week, but playing tackle football in the sun and high temps they did the previous week is exhausting.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
safetysqueezepleezzee11


As you pointed out, this team is all over the board.

Did the Packers vs. Vikings match-up take something out of both teams? The Vikings were throttled by the worthless Bills...at home. 


And how would the game against the Vikings cause the receivers to drop/not catch so many balls? Rodgers was able to work thru his injuries - all the other clowns had to do was catch the damn ball. The defense will be up and down all season because the defensive backs are just bad. If the defensive line and LB's can put some pressure on opposing QB's and the DL shut down the run game - the defense will play decently. Allow the opposing QB time to throw and tons of points will be put up by Green Bay's opponents.

Bulaga hurt again - what a shocker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
db11 wrote:


I don't know if I buy it affecting this week, but playing tackle football in the sun and high temps they did the previous week is exhausting.


It is early. The results the following week with both teams losing to inferior teams, had the idea cross my mind. 
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
gstacy
add in a new DC, what timeframe are we looking at for his "System" to be at full strength? is it a 2-3 year process or 3-5? or is this how it's always going to be? I'd say scrap half the current players and start over.
Quote 0 0
safetysqueezepleezzee11
[QUOTE username=gstacy userid=5693265 postid=1305617494]add in a new DC, what timeframe are we looking at for his "System" to be at full strength? is it a 2-3 year process or 3-5? or is this how it's always going to be? I'd say scrap half the current players and start over.[/QUOTE

I like the defensive scheme, but the Packer defensive backfield simply doesnt have the players, YET! Of course it will take time. Jackson AGAIN got hurt - will this be his career - like Bulaga - you can bet money he will come up lame during almost every game?
Quote 0 0
iwishiwasaballer
gstacy wrote:
add in a new DC, what timeframe are we looking at for his "System" to be at full strength? is it a 2-3 year process or 3-5? or is this how it's always going to be? I'd say scrap half the current players and start over.


I like the defensive scheme, but the Packer defensive backfield simply doesnt have the players, YET! Of course it will take time. Jackson AGAIN got hurt - will this be his career - like Bulaga - you can bet money he will come up lame during almost every game?


Maybe I just don't remember it but I don't remember Jackson getting hurt. Do you mean King?
2017 WSN HOF Inductee
feel free to follow me
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje