70runner Show full post »
shefpan
Wizzler wrote:


gotnogame wrote:


Yea hec all Randy Moss did was have the best year of any receiver in the nfl in HISTORY. Hardly worth that 3rd round pick......

Could have had TURNER last year before the deadline so that might have helped too for a 2nd rounder.

Yes with Moss but defintely with Moss and Turner the PACK would be working on their 2nd consecutive title this year. Then pick up TG with a 2nd rounder this year and we are good to go for that 3rd title in a ROW next year. Favre goes out after 3 straight SB titles as best of all time....
But no instead we have Mr TT-the franchise killer... Enjoy the reach, the push, the stretch to attain the brass ring---solo possesion of 3rd place in the nfc north for this year and next. And only 3 wins from a playoff spot......

Did you predict that before the season started. Did you predict that moss would be the missing link. Everything you say is hindsight about moss. Did you expect the packers to be 13-3 without moss last year? did you expect him to be the guy to put him over? Was he supposed to be the guy that just made this team competitive?

You can predict anything after it happens. Did the Pats win the superbowl with Randy Moss. Were they the better team last year? no. Does randy moss or brett favre play defense? You keep pushing the same tried and not proven statements and have yet to add anything of substance.

And how the hell can you bash TT for not getting Gonzo when ALL reports had the traded agreed to only to have Carl Peterson back out just moments before the deadline? Is that not anti TT even, the truth too inconvient to fit into your argument?


GNG makes all his predictions using the Bible Code...
Quote 0 0
70runner
Wizzler wrote:


gotnogame wrote:


Wizzler--Look at that beautifull forest right in front of you.. Oh thats right you can't see it because of all those damn trees blocking your view..........


I would rather be in the trees than in the clouds.

Did you honestly think the packers were a superbowl winning contender before the moss deal didn't go down? Doubtful.

And also lets remember that the great randy moss couldn't even get a 16-0 team with a better QB over the hump.

As it turns out they were. They didn't win it, but they were a contender. I don't quite understand some of the tangents or put down of the Pats season last year. That team isn't a 16-0 team without Moss and they had one of the best seasons in NFL history. Unfortunately, they lost the most important game and ran into a hot team that knocked down all of the top contenders. I'm not a Pats fan by any means, but thats an impressive season without a doubt. I wanted them to take a shot at Moss but was not extremely upset that they didn't get him at the time. Now as it turns out I think he would have really helped us and maybe puts us over the top. But he took quite a leap in production from his past years and the Pats look like geniuses (plural???). But as has been mentioned thats hindsight. and if you could see in the future and see he would put up those numbers, every GM would have given a first round pick, but you can't so you do what you think is right at the time. If GNG predicted it, congrats to him. but nothing we can do about it now.
Quote 0 0
wizzler
gotnogame wrote:


"Did you predict that before the season started. Did you predict that moss would be the missing link."


Why yes, yes I did on this very board. Go back and look and then shut your piehole.....

You have to prove it. Go find where you say the packers will win the super bowl with Moss.


Quote 0 0
sportsfan12
gotnogame wrote:


Diener-you spent more time on that post than I spend in a week on Packer goodies. I only posted on this subject since someone asked my opinion. Enjoy being a devils advocate and do enjoy my dislike for a gm who has totally blown his job. Believe time will bear out my opinion. This board is often like the english schoolboys from Lord of the Flies and you might just be the leader of the little savages. Anyone with a different opinion is not only immediately an outcast but is mercilessly berated. Thats half the fun; watching you "fans" whip yourselves into a lather over the most trivial of things- a professional sport that is only one degree more "real" than professional wrestling. Its entertainment boys and in the big picture it simply "don't mean a lick". Board was dead so thought I might liven it up a bit. But its obvious that you and your coven can't take it. Thats ok its getting boring anyway. At end of the year with a potential SB PAck team sitting at 6-10 maybe take a moment and think back and state the obvious-"geez the gng guy was not so far off" In the meantime "GO VIKES"


Well, your vikes were also a "potential" SB team....you can stay over there.

This is where you are wrong again, people with a different opinion are not outcast. People with a different opinion that will not at least consider the other's opinion and have a decent discussion are outcast. You created the situaion by your snide attitude and intentional wording to just needle and grind anyone that doesn't share your viewpoint. If your means to "liven up" the board is to just cause trouble.....I think you just got yourself a new nickname, Troll.
TT built a SB team in Seattle and he is on his way in GB.

"GO PACK GO!"
Quote 0 0
db11
Nothing even matters anymore.

diener34 just saved me (and hopefully everyone) a lot of time-wasting on this board. Now I can go be productive without having to worry about gotnogame criticizing me for being an active member of this community (notice he immediately attacked diener's response because it was long...and well-thought out?).

If gotnogame's goal was to liven up the board, he has failed miserably...This place is dead. He achieved something I didn't think was possible, outdoing BadgerAlum as an atmosphere killer.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
diener34
gotnogame wrote:


Yes to the Super Bowl a place that the pack probably won't see again for a decade or so...


And that is your opinion. The line has been drawn.

I respect that you don't think the pack will make a super bowl for a decade. And its a shame that you have so much hate and animosity for the GM of the Packers. It must really suck having this team consume so much of your time, and the fact that their GM isn't making any moves you want must kill you.

Whether or not the Packers are making the right moves we won't know for years down the road. Right now its pretty futile to say what would have, what could have or what will happen.

1) Your bringing up what the packers "Could have done" with Moss, Turner, Gonzales...But this is your opinion. You can't call TT a bad GM because the Packers "WOULD" have won it all with Moss.

2) Your bringing up What Favre "WOULD" be doing with this team right now. But that is your opinion.

3) You totally ignore the future with regard to signing BIG NAMES right now, but after TT doesn't shell out big money and keeps building the team his way, you claim the future is dim. No SB in 10 years is Dim. You can't ignore totally mortgaging the teams future by locking up aging guys instead of your young developing players, and then say how the team is ruined. Minus the QB position you CANNOT say that this team is doomed to mediocrity. You in fact claimed that Favre on this team is a superbowl contender.

1 QB can take this team from Super Bowl contender to 10 bad seasons? And you know this after 6 games?

You are so inconsistant in everything you say. You use what you want to bash TT, No Favre, The Pack got lucky, No Turner, No Moss, No gonzales, bad draft.

But then you go on to claim that Moss alone, or Favre this season makes this team a SB contender.

You can't have it both ways. Either this team is good...or this team is bad.

Your warped views on Superstars and their effect on Football teams is seriously warped.

TT Built this team out of the ground and everyone got soooo greedy. 4-12, 8-8, 13-3....Where is this team supposed to go? You can't just keep adding huge contracts and big names every season till you when, because you know what happens if you don't win? You go into 10 season funks where you don't see or even sniff the superbowl. The Packers have a pretty decent QB in Rodgers. They still have young developing team with emerging superstars, and its a process. Depth wins championships. Not Big names.

Brady took a no name offense into 2 superbowls and won. He takes his high profile one in last year, and gets beat.

Tony Gonzales does not put this team over the top. Either does his big contract or the 2nd round pick it costed us to get him.

What if that pick turns out to be someone like jennings, was it worth it? Of course you don't care, you don't care about the future, unless its the Packers sucking. Because that would prove your point.

Its one thing to disagree with Ted Thompson, which I totally accept and am fine with. But to be so BOLD and cocky about an argument where there is no way stats can back you up is beyond egotistical. Its ridiculous. You've resorted to name calling, telling people what to do, and the fact that you never give an INCH...just goes to show how stiff you really are. Arguements are all about give and take. Both sides should learn from an arguement, but you've distorted this argument soooo much, that you have to keep taking these pot shots while everyone tries to scramble to have intelligent banter. But you won't allow it. And unfortunately its like a fight in my front yard. Sure I don't want to get involved, but I have to. Show some respect for the posters around here. Even the most intelligent jerk in the world is still a jerk. Whether your right or wrong doesn't matter. Its how you got there that counts. And your not taking a great path.
Quote 0 0
wizzler
70runner wrote:


Wizzler wrote:


gotnogame wrote:


Wizzler--Look at that beautifull forest right in front of you.. Oh thats right you can't see it because of all those damn trees blocking your view..........


I would rather be in the trees than in the clouds.

Did you honestly think the packers were a superbowl winning contender before the moss deal didn't go down? Doubtful.

And also lets remember that the great randy moss couldn't even get a 16-0 team with a better QB over the hump.

As it turns out they were. They didn't win it, but they were a contender. I don't quite understand some of the tangents or put down of the Pats season last year. That team isn't a 16-0 team without Moss and they had one of the best seasons in NFL history. Unfortunately, they lost the most important game and ran into a hot team that knocked down all of the top contenders. I'm not a Pats fan by any means, but thats an impressive season without a doubt. I wanted them to take a shot at Moss but was not extremely upset that they didn't get him at the time. Now as it turns out I think he would have really helped us and maybe puts us over the top. But he took quite a leap in production from his past years and the Pats look like geniuses (plural???). But as has been mentioned thats hindsight. and if you could see in the future and see he would put up those numbers, every GM would have given a first round pick, but you can't so you do what you think is right at the time. If GNG predicted it, congrats to him. but nothing we can do about it now.

exactly, In hindsight it looks like a terrible move not getting.

getting moss could have just as easily blown up in TTs face, or the pats face for that matter, as not getting him may have.


Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje