rickross56_old
wheres everyones scrimmages at and who does everyone play saturday? barneveld girls scrimmage in reedsburg tonight and boys in the dells tomorrow. saturday the boys play kickapoo, i'm not sure how good kickapoo is but i heard there pretty decent. whats everyone else lookin like for the week.
Ride the Ponies!!!!!!!!

We rockin this party eight days a week!

We crash through walls, cut through floors, bust through ceilings and knock down doors!!!
Quote 0 0
ballin time_old
Pec boys at home tomorrow night against Mineral Point. Not sure how the Point is and how well Pec matches up with them but should be a good game and should show everyone possibly where pec is at to start the season.
Quote 0 0
sportlover4ever
Highland 43[/font]
Argyle 42[/font]
[/font]
Pec 46[/font]
Mineral Point 34[/font]
~"You need to contest, not molest!" Announcer from Purdue/UW game on 1-15-10
Quote 0 0
luoldeng_old
Devin jeglum had 27 points and 13 rebounds... in the first half
Quote 0 0
travis12
luoldeng wrote:


Devin jeglum had 27 points and 13 rebounds... in the first half


False, stop spreading lies or your account will be banned.
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
gophersfan111_old
do u guys know what radio station broadcasts Black Hawk games??
Quote 0 0
travis12
The CrackerJack wrote:


The Barneveld girls travel to Wisconsin Rapids to play two games, one Friday and one Satuday. Not sure who they play Saturday, but Friday they play Assumption who in all likelihood is the preseason ranked #1 team (although I haven't seen any preseason rankings for girls yet). This game could be a preview of a game much later in the season and should be a good one to watch.

The Barneveld Boys play Kickapoo Saturday and I expect it to be a very competitive game. Kickapoo has some good size 6'4'' and 6'6''. The 6'4'' kid is named Hooker and I believe he was the player of the year in the Ridge and Valley conference. He is a very good player and will matchup nicely with Logan. Kickapoo will have some inexperiened guards though and I think Barneveld has an advantage there; however, I would not be surprised to see either team come away with a W in this game.

One more note: I just wanted to congratulate KP on his first victory in his first game. Its good to see people get a 2nd chance, and I fully expect him to take advantage of it. I always enjoyed the speed, aggressiveness, and just the overall style that his teams played with and I expect Pec to be at the top of the conference as long as he is coaching there.


Barneveld should beat Kickapoo by 20 or more. The R&V is one of the weaker conferences in the state over the last couple years.
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
travis wrote:


The CrackerJack wrote:


The Barneveld girls travel to Wisconsin Rapids to play two games, one Friday and one Satuday. Not sure who they play Saturday, but Friday they play Assumption who in all likelihood is the preseason ranked #1 team (although I haven't seen any preseason rankings for girls yet). This game could be a preview of a game much later in the season and should be a good one to watch.

The Barneveld Boys play Kickapoo Saturday and I expect it to be a very competitive game. Kickapoo has some good size 6'4'' and 6'6''. The 6'4'' kid is named Hooker and I believe he was the player of the year in the Ridge and Valley conference. He is a very good player and will matchup nicely with Logan. Kickapoo will have some inexperiened guards though and I think Barneveld has an advantage there; however, I would not be surprised to see either team come away with a W in this game.

One more note: I just wanted to congratulate KP on his first victory in his first game. Its good to see people get a 2nd chance, and I fully expect him to take advantage of it. I always enjoyed the speed, aggressiveness, and just the overall style that his teams played with and I expect Pec to be at the top of the conference as long as he is coaching there.


Barneveld should beat Kickapoo by 20 or more. The R&V is one of the weaker conferences in the state over the last couple years.


Barneveld is also one of the most inconsistent and underachieving teams over the last couple of years.
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
The Barneveld girls travel to Wisconsin Rapids to play two games, one Friday and one Satuday. Not sure who they play Saturday, but Friday they play Assumption who in all likelihood is the preseason ranked #1 team (although I haven't seen any preseason rankings for girls yet). This game could be a preview of a game much later in the season and should be a good one to watch.

The Barneveld Boys play Kickapoo Saturday and I expect it to be a very competitive game. Kickapoo has some good size 6'4'' and 6'6''. The 6'4'' kid is named Hooker and I believe he was the player of the year in the Ridge and Valley conference. He is a very good player and will matchup nicely with Logan. Kickapoo will have some inexperiened guards though and I think Barneveld has an advantage there; however, I would not be surprised to see either team come away with a W in this game.

One more note: I just wanted to congratulate KP on his first victory in his first game. Its good to see people get a 2nd chance, and I fully expect him to take advantage of it. I always enjoyed the speed, aggressiveness, and just the overall style that his teams played with and I expect Pec to be at the top of the conference as long as he is coaching there.
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
rickross56 wrote:


The CrackerJack wrote:


travis wrote:


The CrackerJack wrote:


The Barneveld girls travel to Wisconsin Rapids to play two games, one Friday and one Satuday. Not sure who they play Saturday, but Friday they play Assumption who in all likelihood is the preseason ranked #1 team (although I haven't seen any preseason rankings for girls yet). This game could be a preview of a game much later in the season and should be a good one to watch.

The Barneveld Boys play Kickapoo Saturday and I expect it to be a very competitive game. Kickapoo has some good size 6'4'' and 6'6''. The 6'4'' kid is named Hooker and I believe he was the player of the year in the Ridge and Valley conference. He is a very good player and will matchup nicely with Logan. Kickapoo will have some inexperiened guards though and I think Barneveld has an advantage there; however, I would not be surprised to see either team come away with a W in this game.

One more note: I just wanted to congratulate KP on his first victory in his first game. Its good to see people get a 2nd chance, and I fully expect him to take advantage of it. I always enjoyed the speed, aggressiveness, and just the overall style that his teams played with and I expect Pec to be at the top of the conference as long as he is coaching there.


Barneveld should beat Kickapoo by 20 or more. The R&V is one of the weaker conferences in the state over the last couple years.


Barneveld is also one of the most inconsistent and underachieving teams over the last couple of years.


woah man, woah. i feel that last comment was a little unnecessary. i can look at it two ways, one truth hurts, and you might be right. or two, no way your crazy. here's where i would be coming from the truth hurts perspective. people in and around barneveld the last five years or so have really expected great things from the boys basketball team, part of that is because of studly individual players from nick allen to kyle thompson and trent sullivan to now logan johnson. part of it is because people so desperately want the boys to achieve the success of the girls. with a bunch of stuff combined it leads to expectations of state that were sometimes a little lofty. yes, there was a few years where barneveld straight up choked in the tournament and lost to teams that they had no business losing too, but lets look back over the last couple of years that you mentioned. two years ago, beat hillsboro in a hell of a game, went onto sectionals to lose a tough one where literally no shot would fall. was barneveld a better team than seneca that year, probably, but a sectional appearance is pretty good. then last year losing to hillsboro in another great game in regional final, people expected more out of the season but anyone who was at that game could not be let down in how hard barneveld played. they also beat benton last year, only d4 team to do that. beat darlington, a quality d3 team, but could not get by monti in conf, and got lucky with argyle to still win conf. basically what im trying to get at is many teams would take these kinds of seasons in a heartbeat, its just people in the community and us fans and stuff set expectations that are lofty, achievable ones imo but they haven't been fulfilled. so by that standard i could kind of see why you would say underachieving and inconsistent. but like i said by a casual standard i could see you as crazy because any team around here pretty much would take those conference championships, regional championships that barneveld has won in the last five years or so. and i have an honest question for you, this hooker kid, how many times have you seen him play? i'm just wondering because if you say he's going to match up with johnson i hope you have seen him play and are not just assuming that because he's six four. not saying you would do that, but just making sure.


The comment may have come off as a little over the top and I didn't say what I was completely referring too, but let me explain. People in Barneveld have had high expectations, yes, however, these expectations were because of the types of players and the types of teams Barneveld has had in the past 5-10 years. How many all conference, extremely athletic, and very good basketball players have gone through the high school in that time? A ton! From Mike Larson to Tyler Peterson to Nick Allen to Kyle Thompson. Those are some awesome players. I would think they might get over the hump one of those years with those teams they have had. The game you are referencing from two years ago, that was the one time where I think they got beat by a better team. I do, however, see your point, but can you see mine as well?

My point is this, Barneveld, in my opinion has not put it all together. They have had the talent, but never put it together and made a run unlike the girls program seems to do all the time. From what I have seen from Barneveld in the summer and scrimmages, this year looks to be more of the same. I'm hoping they may prove me wrong this year.

Good call on the Hooker kid. I have actually NOT seen him play. However, he is 6'4'', averaged 15-20 points/game last year, and was the conference player of the year, in a weaker conference yes, but still a conference player of the year. It will be nice to see two returning conference players of the year play against each other. I am assuming that based on size and accolades and Mark Miller's "other seniors to watch" list which both Logan and Hooker are on, they will matchup pretty well.
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
rickross56_old
travis wrote:


luoldeng wrote:


Devin jeglum had 27 points and 13 rebounds... in the first half


False, stop spreading lies or your account will be banned.


one thing thats not a lie is luoldeng on the wrestling mat this year! he is owning people even if its just scrimmages. he's worked his tail off, only a little over a year ago he was like 240 pounds now hes 190 an accused of steroid use which is not true. im calling at least sectionals for him in wrestling.
Ride the Ponies!!!!!!!!

We rockin this party eight days a week!

We crash through walls, cut through floors, bust through ceilings and knock down doors!!!
Quote 0 0
rickross56_old
The CrackerJack wrote:


travis wrote:


The CrackerJack wrote:


The Barneveld girls travel to Wisconsin Rapids to play two games, one Friday and one Satuday. Not sure who they play Saturday, but Friday they play Assumption who in all likelihood is the preseason ranked #1 team (although I haven't seen any preseason rankings for girls yet). This game could be a preview of a game much later in the season and should be a good one to watch.

The Barneveld Boys play Kickapoo Saturday and I expect it to be a very competitive game. Kickapoo has some good size 6'4'' and 6'6''. The 6'4'' kid is named Hooker and I believe he was the player of the year in the Ridge and Valley conference. He is a very good player and will matchup nicely with Logan. Kickapoo will have some inexperiened guards though and I think Barneveld has an advantage there; however, I would not be surprised to see either team come away with a W in this game.

One more note: I just wanted to congratulate KP on his first victory in his first game. Its good to see people get a 2nd chance, and I fully expect him to take advantage of it. I always enjoyed the speed, aggressiveness, and just the overall style that his teams played with and I expect Pec to be at the top of the conference as long as he is coaching there.


Barneveld should beat Kickapoo by 20 or more. The R&V is one of the weaker conferences in the state over the last couple years.


Barneveld is also one of the most inconsistent and underachieving teams over the last couple of years.


woah man, woah. i feel that last comment was a little unnecessary. i can look at it two ways, one truth hurts, and you might be right. or two, no way your crazy. here's where i would be coming from the truth hurts perspective. people in and around barneveld the last five years or so have really expected great things from the boys basketball team, part of that is because of studly individual players from nick allen to kyle thompson and trent sullivan to now logan johnson. part of it is because people so desperately want the boys to achieve the success of the girls. with a bunch of stuff combined it leads to expectations of state that were sometimes a little lofty. yes, there was a few years where barneveld straight up choked in the tournament and lost to teams that they had no business losing too, but lets look back over the last couple of years that you mentioned. two years ago, beat hillsboro in a hell of a game, went onto sectionals to lose a tough one where literally no shot would fall. was barneveld a better team than seneca that year, probably, but a sectional appearance is pretty good. then last year losing to hillsboro in another great game in regional final, people expected more out of the season but anyone who was at that game could not be let down in how hard barneveld played. they also beat benton last year, only d4 team to do that. beat darlington, a quality d3 team, but could not get by monti in conf, and got lucky with argyle to still win conf. basically what im trying to get at is many teams would take these kinds of seasons in a heartbeat, its just people in the community and us fans and stuff set expectations that are lofty, achievable ones imo but they haven't been fulfilled. so by that standard i could kind of see why you would say underachieving and inconsistent. but like i said by a casual standard i could see you as crazy because any team around here pretty much would take those conference championships, regional championships that barneveld has won in the last five years or so. and i have an honest question for you, this hooker kid, how many times have you seen him play? i'm just wondering because if you say he's going to match up with johnson i hope you have seen him play and are not just assuming that because he's six four. not saying you would do that, but just making sure.
Ride the Ponies!!!!!!!!

We rockin this party eight days a week!

We crash through walls, cut through floors, bust through ceilings and knock down doors!!!
Quote 0 0
sportlover4ever
Albany 70
Palmyra-Eagle 23

Albany: S. Bump: 21, Pfeuti: 14, Schulz: 10, Best: 10, Kauk: 5, C. Bump: 5, Peach: 3, Kallgren 2
Threes: Peach(1)
F/T 21/36

Palmyra-Eagle: Devine: 6, Watts: 6, Harbeck: 5, Roscizewski: 2, Mueller 2, Laine: 2
Threes: None
F/T: 3/15
Turnovers absolutely killed PE...I have them down for 38+. Good way to start the season for Albany!
~"You need to contest, not molest!" Announcer from Purdue/UW game on 1-15-10
Quote 0 0
rickross56_old
The CrackerJack wrote:


The comment may have come off as a little over the top and I didn't say what I was completely referring too, but let me explain. People in Barneveld have had high expectations, yes, however, these expectations were because of the types of players and the types of teams Barneveld has had in the past 5-10 years. How many all conference, extremely athletic, and very good basketball players have gone through the high school in that time? A ton! From Mike Larson to Tyler Peterson to Nick Allen to Kyle Thompson. Those are some awesome players. I would think they might get over the hump one of those years with those teams they have had. The game you are referencing from two years ago, that was the one time where I think they got beat by a better team. I do, however, see your point, but can you see mine as well?

My point is this, Barneveld, in my opinion has not put it all together. They have had the talent, but never put it together and made a run unlike the girls program seems to do all the time. From what I have seen from Barneveld in the summer and scrimmages, this year looks to be more of the same. I'm hoping they may prove me wrong this year.

Good call on the Hooker kid. I have actually NOT seen him play. However, he is 6'4'', averaged 15-20 points/game last year, and was the conference player of the year, in a weaker conference yes, but still a conference player of the year. It will be nice to see two returning conference players of the year play against each other. I am assuming that based on size and accolades and Mark Miller's "other seniors to watch" list which both Logan and Hooker are on, they will matchup pretty well.


i can definitely see your point for sure man. the talent has been there no doubt. hopefully your brother being one can help put things together this year, i had a nice chat with him today that should light a fire with him, if he goes off tomorrow im taking the credit haha but yeah i can see why you would think hooker would be a good match-up, but logan is so mentally in the right place right now i can not see myself ever doubting him, as a player or a man, he just doesn't let people down, and let people call me a homer, but there are few better people around then him.
Ride the Ponies!!!!!!!!

We rockin this party eight days a week!

We crash through walls, cut through floors, bust through ceilings and knock down doors!!!
Quote 0 0
rickross56_old
luoldeng summed it up nice, it was a very boring game, Kickapoo played a zone but still revolved around stopping Logan from getting the ball, but everyone else just went off because of this. the great thing is alot of teams will probably do this and Logan is so unselfish that he will take games with less points than usual for the team to win by 20+. i was very impressed for the first game overall.
Ride the Ponies!!!!!!!!

We rockin this party eight days a week!

We crash through walls, cut through floors, bust through ceilings and knock down doors!!!
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje