cameroncrazies02
On Sportscenter today, they had a Sunday Conversation with Coach K and the question about the NBA Age Rule came up. It made me think...when they first imposed this rule, I hated it and thought kids should be allowed to just make the jump, but now that I think back, and think about how many careers have probably been ruined or at least pre-maturily ending was because of their lack of experience. Such players include Shaun Livingston, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Darius Miles, Kwame Brown, DeSagana Diop, and Ndudi Ebi. Now we may not have the great debate of prospect over proven, but now we may the problem of ruining basketball dynastys. You'll never see a group of players stay 3-4 years together and build and uncanny relationship such as the Fab Four. Just thought I'd throw the thought out there. I think they should change the rule to you have to play in college two years before you can make the jump so kids have the opportunity to get some sort of degree.
Twitter: @TheSpangover

Check out diener and my new website @ http://www.thirddegreewithcc.weebly.com

Newest additions
-top 15 NBA free agents by position. That's 75 reviews of free agents.
-Diener breaks down the Brewers as a franchise
-2013 NBA Draft Combine Day 1 results and review
-State of the Roster-breaking down 3 best and worst NBA rosters
Quote 0 0
hoopster11_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rick

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Buckybacker

Quote:
ORIGINAL: cameroncrazies02
You'll never see a group of players stay 3-4 years together and build and uncanny relationship such as the Fab Four.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Fab Five break up (some left for a slightly better salary in the NBA) after 2 years? And they didn't really win anything to be considered a dynasty (no Big Ten titles, no NC's, etc).


I think he was talking about The Beatles.



I am pretty sure he is talking about Noah, Horford, Green, and Brewer.
Los Angeles Lakers

2011 Wissports Fantasy Football Regular/Postseason Champion
Quote 0 0
czech4life
Quote:
ORIGINAL: TarHeelFan2332

I agree. I don't really like the current rule in place. I think that they either need to get rid of it as a whole, or make kids stay in college for a minimum of two years. As said before, a kid knows whether or not he's going pro after his freshman year. They don't even need to go to class once basketball season is over, and even while in season. Going to class is just scratching the surface. I make the assumption that even if attending class, these kids are smart enough to know if they can get away with slacking off or not. Most cases I would say they can do just that, and most do. In my opinion, it creates a bad situation for the college level of the game.

They don't even need to go to class after winter break if they plan on leaving their freshman year.
(Talking about Tim Tebow) "If I would compare him to an active player, I would see him as a less agile, stronger Reggie Bush."
-The Big One
Quote 0 0
hoopster11_old
There will still be dynasties. Not many college classes will have multiple guys in a recruiting class go pro after 1 year. Look at Ohio State. Most likely, only Greg Oden will go pro after this year, and it won't ruin any dynasty in the making there. For as many money hungry kids out there, there are just as many kids who enjoy going to college and want to be there.
Los Angeles Lakers

2011 Wissports Fantasy Football Regular/Postseason Champion
Quote 0 0
Chuckles7615_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: hoopster11

There will still be dynasties. Not many college classes will have multiple guys in a recruiting class go pro after 1 year. Look at Ohio State. Most likely, only Greg Oden will go pro after this year, and it won't ruin any dynasty in the making there. For as many money hungry kids out there, there are just as many kids who enjoy going to college and want to be there.

If Oden stays they will be some monsterous inside with Kosta Koufous (sp), I completly agree same goes with Texas when Durant leaves.
http://chuckcorner.blogspot.com- Please Comment, I finally am starting to work on this on a consistant basis. Would love to hear your thoughts.

A Part of the WSN's Atari Bigby Fan Club



Quote 0 0
Buckybacker_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: cameroncrazies02
You'll never see a group of players stay 3-4 years together and build and uncanny relationship such as the Fab Four.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Fab Five break up (some left for a slightly better salary in the NBA) after 2 years? And they didn't really win anything to be considered a dynasty (no Big Ten titles, no NC's, etc).
Quote 0 0
richardahamilton
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Buckybacker

Quote:
ORIGINAL: cameroncrazies02
You'll never see a group of players stay 3-4 years together and build and uncanny relationship such as the Fab Four.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Fab Five break up (some left for a slightly better salary in the NBA) after 2 years? And they didn't really win anything to be considered a dynasty (no Big Ten titles, no NC's, etc).


I think he was talking about The Beatles.
Quote 0 0
redwingfever
With the Fab Five, Webber left after his sophomore year, Rose and Howard after their junior years, and King and Jackson stayed for four years. They never won a Big Ten title or a National Championship, finishing as the runner-up twice.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje