edcon_old Show full post »
rodey
Quote:
ORIGINAL: BadgerFanatic22

so the overhyped people Bo has recruited is limited to Butch, Steimsma, and Gavinski.


Yea thats a HUGE track record for recruiting "that type" of player.


When did I say he had a huge track record of doing it? Now you're putting words in my mouth. Let me rephrase myself; he's developing a reputation of going after worthless, tall, skinny, big men.

And j_townsupporter, I don't know Gavinski or anything, but I've seen him play enough in time. I personally think it would be dumb for him not to redshirt, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I may be wrong, but I doubt it "I do have one question: Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?" - Charles Barkley
Quote 0 0
bd11
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rodey

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BadgerFanatic22

so the overhyped people Bo has recruited is limited to Butch, Steimsma, and Gavinski.


Yea thats a HUGE track record for recruiting "that type" of player.


When did I say he had a huge track record of doing it? Now you're putting words in my mouth. Let me rephrase myself; he's developing a reputation of going after worthless, tall, skinny, big men.


If you think Butch and Stiemsma are worthless, you are sadly mistaken.




Quote 0 0
wisportswriter
Neither Butch nor Stiemsma are anywhere close to worthless.
Next topic.
Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. -Anna Quindlen
Quote 0 0
swing11_old
My prediction is that in a couple years when Keaton, Trevon Hughes, and Jason Bohannon are playing together on the court at the same time, Keaton's ability to shoot outside will open up the lane for Hughes and Bohannon, making the Badgers a very dangerous team for years to come.
Quote 0 0
rodey
Quote:
ORIGINAL: WiscoHoops

For those that havn't seen Keaton play, I would offer this evaluation. After a year or so in the system, you will see one of the best players around the rim that has ever played for the Badgers. He has tremendously strong hands and very long arms for his height. He is very, very strong to the rim and will be a monster rebounder as well as shot blocker from the four spot. In other words, a tremendous player in the paint at both ends of the floor. He also has good touch on shots facing the basket.

My only negative may be his foot speed and quickness running the swing offense. He will need a lot of work to ever get to the point of say a Mike Wilkinson when it comes to the three skills it takes to run the swing well. Being able to shoot, post and drive the ball effectively. Putting the ball on the floor will take him some time but boy did the Badgers get a good one in Keaton.


While Nankivil is good, he's no Rashad Griffith.
I may be wrong, but I doubt it "I do have one question: Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?" - Charles Barkley
Quote 0 0
db11
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rodey

Quote:
ORIGINAL: WiscoHoops

For those that havn't seen Keaton play, I would offer this evaluation. After a year or so in the system, you will see one of the best players around the rim that has ever played for the Badgers. He has tremendously strong hands and very long arms for his height. He is very, very strong to the rim and will be a monster rebounder as well as shot blocker from the four spot. In other words, a tremendous player in the paint at both ends of the floor. He also has good touch on shots facing the basket.

My only negative may be his foot speed and quickness running the swing offense. He will need a lot of work to ever get to the point of say a Mike Wilkinson when it comes to the three skills it takes to run the swing well. Being able to shoot, post and drive the ball effectively. Putting the ball on the floor will take him some time but boy did the Badgers get a good one in Keaton.


While Nankivil is good, he's no Rashad Griffith.


And this is relevant to WiscoHoops' post in what way?
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
rodey
Quote:
ORIGINAL: DB1985

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rodey

Quote:
ORIGINAL: WiscoHoops

For those that havn't seen Keaton play, I would offer this evaluation. After a year or so in the system, you will see one of the best players around the rim that has ever played for the Badgers. He has tremendously strong hands and very long arms for his height. He is very, very strong to the rim and will be a monster rebounder as well as shot blocker from the four spot. In other words, a tremendous player in the paint at both ends of the floor. He also has good touch on shots facing the basket.

My only negative may be his foot speed and quickness running the swing offense. He will need a lot of work to ever get to the point of say a Mike Wilkinson when it comes to the three skills it takes to run the swing well. Being able to shoot, post and drive the ball effectively. Putting the ball on the floor will take him some time but boy did the Badgers get a good one in Keaton.


While Nankivil is good, he's no Rashad Griffith.


And this is relevant to WiscoHoops' post in what way?



Bolded.
I may be wrong, but I doubt it "I do have one question: Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?" - Charles Barkley
Quote 0 0
db11
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rodey

Quote:
ORIGINAL: DB1985

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rodey

Quote:
ORIGINAL: WiscoHoops

For those that havn't seen Keaton play, I would offer this evaluation. After a year or so in the system, you will see one of the best players around the rim that has ever played for the Badgers. He has tremendously strong hands and very long arms for his height. He is very, very strong to the rim and will be a monster rebounder as well as shot blocker from the four spot. In other words, a tremendous player in the paint at both ends of the floor. He also has good touch on shots facing the basket.

My only negative may be his foot speed and quickness running the swing offense. He will need a lot of work to ever get to the point of say a Mike Wilkinson when it comes to the three skills it takes to run the swing well. Being able to shoot, post and drive the ball effectively. Putting the ball on the floor will take him some time but boy did the Badgers get a good one in Keaton.


While Nankivil is good, he's no Rashad Griffith.


And this is relevant to WiscoHoops' post in what way?



Bolded.


Rashard Griffith wasn't as good as he could have been...though he's about all UW has got for big, big men. So, saying KN will be one of the best players around the rim that has played for UW may not be a stretch.

Who else is there? The Hughes's? Sam Okey? Paul Grant? John Kotz?
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
rodey
I apologize, the worthless should'nt have been in there. You're right about that. However, they're average players who were extremely overhyped coming out of high school.
I may be wrong, but I doubt it "I do have one question: Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?" - Charles Barkley
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje