I must admit that predicting high school football is very hard. But here we go.
1. Logan. Hard to go against them and the success they have had. Some key returnees and they seem to to find a way most of the time.
2. Holmen. New coach, but probably won't see a big difference. They have some skill players and maybe the most explosive player in Wilson.
3. Onalaska. They have some offensive skills and should be able to put up some points and their defense should be better.
4. Tomah. They always bring some size and are physical.
5. West Salem. Have to replace some really good players, but seems to have things in place to stay competitive.
6. Sparta. A couple of wins last year and probably a couple this year. They have a lot of kids out, so that is a good sign.
7. Central. They should win a game or two this year, but it looks like the commitment from the kids is on the decline. A new offense, but not sure they have the skilled players to run the spread.
8. Aquinas. Maybe a winless year. Enough said there.
I don't see a deep run playoff team in the conference and probably another below average year in the league.
Your point is well taken and likely accurate. Holmen makes the playoffs each year with usually 1 loss, and gets throttled by average D2 teams that in turn get smoked by their next opponent in Level 2. Logan because they are D3 usually represents the MVC well in the playoffs, wins a game or 2. Anybody else that makes the playoffs out of the MVC not named Logan will very likely get running clocked in level 1. As good as basketball has been in the MVC, football has been that bad when compared to better conferences.
From what I've heard/learned, here's my predictions:
1. Logan - 7-0/8-1
2. Holmen - 6-1/7-2
3. Onalaska - 4-3/6-3
4. West Salem - 4-3/5-4
5. Tomah - 4-3/5-4
6. Sparta - 2-5/2-7
7. Aquinas - 1-6/2-7
8. Central - 0-7/0-9