rodey
Not at all surprising though.

[link=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4210798]http://sports.espn.go.c...cb/news/story?id=4210798[/link]

The Memphis men's basketball program has been charged by the NCAA with major violations during the 2007-08 season under former coach John Calipari, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported on Wednesday.

The allegations include "knowing fraudulence or misconduct" on an SAT exam by a player on the 2007-08 team.

The wording of the report indicates the player in question only competed during the 2007-08 season and the 2008 NCAA tournament. The player's name was redacted in the report due to privacy laws, The Commercial Appeal reported.

If the NCAA allegations are proven true, Memphis might have to forfeit their NCAA-record 38 victories and Final Four appearance.

Memphis received the notice of allegations Jan. 16 and is scheduled to appear before the NCAA Committee on Infractions June 6.

Calipari left Memphis for Kentucky on March 31. The NCAA has requested his presence at the hearing, although he is not named in the report.

It is also alleged that Memphis provided $2,260 in free travel to road games for an associate of a player, The Commercial Appeal reported. The NCAA is charging Memphis with a failure to monitor.

"We take it very seriously. We don't condone it," athletic director R.C. Johnson told the Commercial Appeal, who declined to comment in detail about the allegations. "We're doing a thorough investigation."
I may be wrong, but I doubt it "I do have one question: Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?" - Charles Barkley
Quote 0 0
memorialbball
Rodey wrote:


Not at all surprising though.

[link=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4210798]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4210798[/link]

The Memphis men's basketball program has been charged by the NCAA with major violations during the 2007-08 season under former coach John Calipari, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported on Wednesday.

The allegations include "knowing fraudulence or misconduct" on an SAT exam by a player on the 2007-08 team.

The wording of the report indicates the player in question only competed during the 2007-08 season and the 2008 NCAA tournament. The player's name was redacted in the report due to privacy laws, The Commercial Appeal reported.

If the NCAA allegations are proven true, Memphis might have to forfeit their NCAA-record 38 victories and Final Four appearance.

Memphis received the notice of allegations Jan. 16 and is scheduled to appear before the NCAA Committee on Infractions June 6.

Calipari left Memphis for Kentucky on March 31. The NCAA has requested his presence at the hearing, although he is not named in the report.

It is also alleged that Memphis provided $2,260 in free travel to road games for an associate of a player, The Commercial Appeal reported. The NCAA is charging Memphis with a failure to monitor.

"We take it very seriously. We don't condone it," athletic director R.C. Johnson told the Commercial Appeal, who declined to comment in detail about the allegations. "We're doing a thorough investigation."


No wonder why Calipari took the money and ran. I dont blame him[afro].
Memorial Basketball: 2011 State Champions
Quote 0 0
wizzler
pistolpetefan23 wrote:


"I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling is going on in here!"


SGT bilko?

Quote 0 0
travis12
Wizzler wrote:


pistolpetefan23 wrote:


"I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling is going on in here!"


SGT bilko?


Farther back my friend.
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
nkartos
shocker!

so calipar leaves umass and they get their wins and final four stripped... he leaves memphis and they are on the same path...

why wouldn't you want to hire this guy and make him the highest paid coach in the country? what a great example to show our youth, cheat and be rewarded...
Quote 0 0
dkelly28
I'm glad Flowers and Johnson didn't last at UWM.
WSN'er since 2002! 2006 Wissports Hall of Fame Inductee.
Quote 0 0
travis12
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling is going on in here!"
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
hoopsgalore
I'm telling you, I said it in the MLB forum, and I'll say it here: read "The Cheating Culture" by David Callahan. It's amazing what anyone will do to get ahead when the rewards are higher.

I'm not surprised.
Quote 0 0
rodey
nicholas wrote:


shocker!

so calipar leaves umass and they get their wins and final four stripped... he leaves memphis and they are on the same path...

why wouldn't you want to hire this guy and make him the highest paid coach in the country? what a great example to show our youth, cheat and be rewarded...


Everyone seems to think he's such a great coach, great recruiter, etc. Maybe he is, but his tactics are certainly shady and I don't think there's any reason at this point not to think he's a scumbag.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it "I do have one question: Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?" - Charles Barkley
Quote 0 0
wizzler
pistolpetefan23 wrote:


Wizzler wrote:


pistolpetefan23 wrote:


"I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling is going on in here!"


SGT bilko?


Farther back my friend.


Stripes?

Quote 0 0
afan1
Wizzler wrote:


pistolpetefan23 wrote:


Wizzler wrote:


pistolpetefan23 wrote:


"I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find that gambling is going on in here!"


SGT bilko?


Farther back my friend.


Stripes?


Casablanka
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
Quote 0 0
sabegs28_old
It will be interesting to see if anything comes and if UWM will face anything...highly unlikely though.
Quote 0 0
TinyArch_old
Rodey wrote:


nicholas wrote:


shocker!

so calipar leaves umass and they get their wins and final four stripped... he leaves memphis and they are on the same path...

why wouldn't you want to hire this guy and make him the highest paid coach in the country? what a great example to show our youth, cheat and be rewarded...


Everyone seems to think he's such a great coach, great recruiter, etc. Maybe he is, but his tactics are certainly shady and I don't think there's any reason at this point not to think he's a scumbag.


I knew Calipari was channeling the spirit of [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Tarkanian]Jerry Tarkanian[/link]!!!!





Quote 0 0
sabegs28_old
DKelly28 wrote:


I'm glad Flowers and Johnson didn't last at UWM.


more information per JS

[link=http://www.jsonline.com/sports/panthers/46677362.html]http://www.jsonline.com/sports/panthers/46677362.html[/link]
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje