cory_old Show full post »
db11
Haven't watched any of the game, but was Gallardo as sub-par as his numbers indicate?
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
hehateme043
Someone should let Braun know next time your going to run your mouth and call out the pitching staff maybe you should try hitting the ball. Since his comments he's 3-25 and come up empty in multiple big spots in this series. 3 pop ups today the third of which ends the game when he's the tying run.
Quote 0 0
cory_old
Pinetar wrote:

what the hell does that matter in 2009? unless we plan on arguging like brewers and cubs fans this stat is pointless at all times


hey man, there's no need for us compadres to fight. i'm just saying that you pointed out the plight of mets fans and i retorted by saying that the mets had a spectacular title season in 86 whereas us wisconsinites have to go back to 57 (and another franchise) for a title reign. ain't no need to argue, i was just pointing it out and the main point of that post was the "ease" of the crew's second half schedule.

i don't care, they won today, that's all that matters. that and the fact that i was at a wedding with an open bar all night (it's always fun to drink tanguray for free, there were some other things i've been trying to get for free all weekend which failed miserably, but uhh, there's no need to talk about all that)
Quote 0 0
gdesjarlais_old
hehateme043 wrote:


Someone should let Braun know next time your going to run your mouth and call out the pitching staff maybe you should try hitting the ball. Since his comments he's 3-25 and come up empty in multiple big spots in this series. 3 pop ups today the third of which ends the game when he's the tying run.


Damn Braun for ever going on a cold streak. He should be hot all the time and hit .700 I mean what the heck is Braun thinking?
Quote 0 0
cory_old
gdesjarlais wrote:

Damn Braun for ever going on a cold streak. He should be hot all the time and hit .700 I mean what the heck is Braun thinking?


that's not the point. no one should fault a guy hitting .325 (or at least he was hitting .325) for going cold occasionally, it'll happen. the issue is that braunie decided to play leader, called out his teammates and gm, then has failed to do much of anything since. heavy is the head that wears the crown.
if braun had 10 hits instead of 3; or even 7 hits instead of 3 and had come through more than once in the last week in a big spot then no one would be saying anything. if you're going to talk you're gonna have to back it up or else it's going to come back on you.
Quote 0 0
pinetar
gdesjarlais wrote:


hehateme043 wrote:


Someone should let Braun know next time your going to run your mouth and call out the pitching staff maybe you should try hitting the ball. Since his comments he's 3-25 and come up empty in multiple big spots in this series. 3 pop ups today the third of which ends the game when he's the tying run.


Damn Braun for ever going on a cold streak. He should be hot all the time and hit .700 I mean what the heck is Braun thinking?


I agree with Cory on this one...why can't we call out Braun now when he goes on a cold streak...because hell...he called out a pitching staff that went on a cold streak and the majority of us were okay with that...why is this any different?
Quote 0 0
travis12
Pinetar wrote:


gdesjarlais wrote:


hehateme043 wrote:


Someone should let Braun know next time your going to run your mouth and call out the pitching staff maybe you should try hitting the ball. Since his comments he's 3-25 and come up empty in multiple big spots in this series. 3 pop ups today the third of which ends the game when he's the tying run.


Damn Braun for ever going on a cold streak. He should be hot all the time and hit .700 I mean what the heck is Braun thinking?


I agree with Cory on this one...why can't we call out Braun now when he goes on a cold streak...because hell...he called out a pitching staff that went on a cold streak and the majority of us were okay with that...why is this any different?


Gimme a break guys. Braun going on a 3-25 streak is nothing compared to the pitchers giving up first or second innings runs in over half of the games in the last month and a half. It's nothing compared to the Brewers once again being down before they even come to bat. Stop looking at a very small sample size and look at the big picture. Braun has done his part and then some this year. The pitchers have been terrible outside of a 2-3 week stretch early in the year. When Braun is terrible for two months, then you can start calling him out. Until then, enough with the "(whine)....Braun can't put his money where his mouth is...".
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
pinetar
no need to come on here and comment when I had justjon giving me the updates on the phone...ahhh living in nebraska has its perks
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
adam_hansen wrote:


Wow no one posted during the game at all. Smith is pretty good! Maybe the hitting will finally get going again. Also I loved Coffey striking out the side.


I watched the game & read the box score. I did not see anyone named Smith playing for the Brewers in either one. If you're referring to the starting pitcher for Milwaukee, his name is MIKE BURNS.
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
pinetar
pistolpetefan23 wrote:


Pinetar wrote:


gdesjarlais wrote:


hehateme043 wrote:


Someone should let Braun know next time your going to run your mouth and call out the pitching staff maybe you should try hitting the ball. Since his comments he's 3-25 and come up empty in multiple big spots in this series. 3 pop ups today the third of which ends the game when he's the tying run.


Damn Braun for ever going on a cold streak. He should be hot all the time and hit .700 I mean what the heck is Braun thinking?


I agree with Cory on this one...why can't we call out Braun now when he goes on a cold streak...because hell...he called out a pitching staff that went on a cold streak and the majority of us were okay with that...why is this any different?


Gimme a break guys. Braun going on a 3-25 streak is nothing compared to the pitchers giving up first or second innings runs in over half of the games in the last month and a half. It's nothing compared to the Brewers once again being down before they even come to bat. Stop looking at a very small sample size and look at the big picture. Braun has done his part and then some this year. The pitchers have been terrible outside of a 2-3 week stretch early in the year. When Braun is terrible for two months, then you can start calling him out. Until then, enough with the "(whine)....Braun can't put his money where his mouth is...".

please ppf show me these stats...because we play HALF of our games at home on average in a given month...so in that case you are saying we gave up a run every game in at home since the brewers have a chance to score in the first inning of every away game...so those games are thrown out of your argument...I know you are quick to jump on the brewers pitching staff as anyone but lets stop letting the offense slide here...they have not been held accountable and no one really even threw a fit when Parra pitched great and then got screwed out of his win...the offense is just as much if not more to blame then the pitching...

hell teams pitch better when they have an early lead so I blame the Brewers offense for not scoring runs earlier and letting their pitchers get comfortable...and I'd love to hear this is a dumb argument because its the exact same argument you are making
Quote 0 0
travis12
Pinetar wrote:


pistolpetefan23 wrote:


Pinetar wrote:


gdesjarlais wrote:


hehateme043 wrote:


Someone should let Braun know next time your going to run your mouth and call out the pitching staff maybe you should try hitting the ball. Since his comments he's 3-25 and come up empty in multiple big spots in this series. 3 pop ups today the third of which ends the game when he's the tying run.


Damn Braun for ever going on a cold streak. He should be hot all the time and hit .700 I mean what the heck is Braun thinking?


I agree with Cory on this one...why can't we call out Braun now when he goes on a cold streak...because hell...he called out a pitching staff that went on a cold streak and the majority of us were okay with that...why is this any different?


Gimme a break guys. Braun going on a 3-25 streak is nothing compared to the pitchers giving up first or second innings runs in over half of the games in the last month and a half. It's nothing compared to the Brewers once again being down before they even come to bat. Stop looking at a very small sample size and look at the big picture. Braun has done his part and then some this year. The pitchers have been terrible outside of a 2-3 week stretch early in the year. When Braun is terrible for two months, then you can start calling him out. Until then, enough with the "(whine)....Braun can't put his money where his mouth is...".

please ppf show me these stats...because we play HALF of our games at home on average in a given month...so in that case you are saying we gave up a run every game in at home since the brewers have a chance to score in the first inning of every away game...so those games are thrown out of your argument...I know you are quick to jump on the brewers pitching staff as anyone but lets stop letting the offense slide here...they have not been held accountable and no one really even threw a fit when Parra pitched great and then got screwed out of his win...the offense is just as much if not more to blame then the pitching...

hell teams pitch better when they have an early lead so I blame the Brewers offense for not scoring runs earlier and letting their pitchers get comfortable...and I'd love to hear this is a dumb argument because its the exact same argument you are making


Since June 1, the Brewers have played 38 games (I never said anything about at home) and the opponent has scored at least one run in the either the first or second inning in 20 of those games, hence over half of the time.

The second part of my statement involved being down once again before they even bat. The Brewers played 14 of their last 18 games at home. In those 14 home games, the Brewers were losing before they even batted 7 times. That is downright pathetic.

For some reason ESPN isn't tracking in their splits right now, but as of July 7 the Brewers were third worst in the NL in ERA in innings 1-3, and I imagine that has only gotten worse.
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
oldshep
pistolpetefan23 wrote:


Pinetar wrote:


gdesjarlais wrote:


hehateme043 wrote:


Someone should let Braun know next time your going to run your mouth and call out the pitching staff maybe you should try hitting the ball. Since his comments he's 3-25 and come up empty in multiple big spots in this series. 3 pop ups today the third of which ends the game when he's the tying run.


Damn Braun for ever going on a cold streak. He should be hot all the time and hit .700 I mean what the heck is Braun thinking?


I agree with Cory on this one...why can't we call out Braun now when he goes on a cold streak...because hell...he called out a pitching staff that went on a cold streak and the majority of us were okay with that...why is this any different?


Gimme a break guys. Braun going on a 3-25 streak is nothing compared to the pitchers giving up first or second innings runs in over half of the games in the last month and a half. It's nothing compared to the Brewers once again being down before they even come to bat. Stop looking at a very small sample size and look at the big picture. Braun has done his part and then some this year. The pitchers have been terrible outside of a 2-3 week stretch early in the year. When Braun is terrible for two months, then you can start calling him out. Until then, enough with the "(whine)....Braun can't put his money where his mouth is...".


Braun had a chance to win game 1 vs. the Dodgers with a runner on 2nd and the game tied in the bottom of the ninth and he did not come through. He also was the tying run yesterday and he did not come through. No one is saying that he is not a good player, just that before you point fingers at anyone else, you should make sure you are holding up your end of the bargin first. He opened his mouth and now he is the one not performing. Every knowledgable fan knows hitters go through cold streaks. However the timing of his cold streak does not look good.

Quote 0 0
pinetar
I understand what you are saying but do you understand what I was getting at?

Our offense has just as much a chance to score in the first and second inning as other teams...the Brewers pitchers (Dave Bush) were notorious for giving up early runs and then settling in...Ben Sheets as well...I understand playing from behind is hard...but our team can score first once in a while too if they hit the ball...
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje