adamhansen Show full post »
coach40
sabers06 wrote:


gotnogame wrote:

Arod has survived (almost amazingly) and Pack schedule looks much easier now than at beginning of year. Thanks to Driver, Woodson, Clifton, Tauscher, ie veterans who know how to win, the Pack is on the brink of wildcard status. Unfortunately all 4 plus Harris and all pro Kampman probably won't be back next year. Some nice young talent coming in but the last 3 years (counting this year) was the true window I am afraid.


You seriously think Driver will be gone next year? Now that's delusional. The guy wants to be a Packer until he's 40. I'm pretty sure he's made that clear.


Just because he wants to be a Packer when he is forty does not mean the Packers will keep him. It is not what he wants but what the Packers need.
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
paladium
Coach40 wrote:


sabers06 wrote:


gotnogame wrote:

Arod has survived (almost amazingly) and Pack schedule looks much easier now than at beginning of year. Thanks to Driver, Woodson, Clifton, Tauscher, ie veterans who know how to win, the Pack is on the brink of wildcard status. Unfortunately all 4 plus Harris and all pro Kampman probably won't be back next year. Some nice young talent coming in but the last 3 years (counting this year) was the true window I am afraid.


You seriously think Driver will be gone next year? Now that's delusional. The guy wants to be a Packer until he's 40. I'm pretty sure he's made that clear.


Just because he wants to be a Packer when he is forty does not mean the Packers will keep him. It is not what he wants but what the Packers need.


I think Kampman is the only one of those five not back next year. I will qualify that statement, however, with how Harris is doing coming back from injury. I don't think Harris will start next season, but I'm sure the Packers would love to bring him back for another year or two as proven nickel/dime back. I don't know if he would be willing to accept that role, but he would clearly be one of the best #5 DBs in the league.

Tauscher and Clifton will most likely be back as well, although they could (and do I hope) face some tough battles in camps and in the pre-season. I would love nothing more than to have both Tauscher and Clifton on this team, as backups because they were beat out in a fair competition. Again though, would they be willing to accept a lesser role on the team?

Driver and Woodson are back, as starters, guaranteed. Driver may be getting old, but until he starts dropping off production wise (or James Jones/Jordy Nelson clearly out play him) he will be a major part of our offense. Same with Woodson on defense.
The Brewers will finish 90-72 and earn the #1 WC berth.

Carlos Gomez will have a 30/40 season (HR/SB) and win a 2nd Gold Glove en route to an All Star selection.
Quote 0 0
longball12
Give it up. It is so old right now. Enough of the childish crap.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
jimmyq1
longball wrote:


Give it up. It is so old right now. Enough of the childish crap.


This goes both ways. While one person may not be as direct in the way they antagonize, they are just as guilty.

Quote 0 0
longball12
JimmyQ wrote:


longball wrote:


Give it up. It is so old right now. Enough of the childish crap.


This goes both ways. While one person may not be as direct in the way they antagonize, they are just as guilty.


I do agree (and I do hope the both ways doesn't refer to me). Two posters in general right now just can't let it go. Just when you think it is done, then there is another little rip in there.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
sabers06
Coach40 wrote:


sabers06 wrote:


gotnogame wrote:

Arod has survived (almost amazingly) and Pack schedule looks much easier now than at beginning of year. Thanks to Driver, Woodson, Clifton, Tauscher, ie veterans who know how to win, the Pack is on the brink of wildcard status. Unfortunately all 4 plus Harris and all pro Kampman probably won't be back next year. Some nice young talent coming in but the last 3 years (counting this year) was the true window I am afraid.


You seriously think Driver will be gone next year? Now that's delusional. The guy wants to be a Packer until he's 40. I'm pretty sure he's made that clear.


Just because he wants to be a Packer when he is forty does not mean the Packers will keep him. It is not what he wants but what the Packers need.


Yes, thanks for pointing out the obvious. But Driver is under contract through 2010. Do you honestly see him not being in Green Bay next year? I'd put a good portion of my life's savings on him being a Packer in 2010.
"Rooting for Brett Favre is like rooting for America. It just is." -Chris Berman

FEAR THE BEER!! 2011 NL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONS!!
AHHHHHH-ctober baseball! Five down, six to go!!!
Quote 0 0
sportsfan12
i don't see how my saying "i'd take that bet" is a dig or a criticism. I was being dead serious.

I didin't realize that the enforcement of all the gambling talk was actually now taking place.
Quote 0 0
longball12
gotnogame wrote:


Longball we are having a spirited discusion of Packer current season and potential future. There is no animosity coming from anyone but you. I understand that some don't like my viewpoint or feverentness that I support my viewpoints with. Assume you are one of them. Please don't wreck it for everyone else by constantly harping. Think sportsfan has a lot of good takes and like fact that he feels strongly on his view also. Must be horrible never to have an opinion. This is a sports board after all. If alternative viewpoints are banned what next--maybe the kid can't play because he isn't the "right" religion or the "right" ethnicinity. Please put me and sportsfan on ignore and mind your own business. Post like yours and "honestly" this post are the ones that should be erased not the ones on sports.
Thank you.


I am not constantly harping. Your posts wreak with negativity and animosity and encourage attacks from other posters. Its what gets you banned all the time. Again, just read the post you just wrote. Mind my own business? If you want to post childish slander and attacks then do it via pm. Wait, that got you banned as well. Just figure it out quick because everything would run smoother on here. Different viewpoints are welcome, and encouraged. But you encourage attacks with the way you post.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
topnotch1
longball wrote:


gotnogame wrote:


Longball we are having a spirited discusion of Packer current season and potential future. There is no animosity coming from anyone but you. I understand that some don't like my viewpoint or feverentness that I support my viewpoints with. Assume you are one of them. Please don't wreck it for everyone else by constantly harping. Think sportsfan has a lot of good takes and like fact that he feels strongly on his view also. Must be horrible never to have an opinion. This is a sports board after all. If alternative viewpoints are banned what next--maybe the kid can't play because he isn't the "right" religion or the "right" ethnicinity. Please put me and sportsfan on ignore and mind your own business. Post like yours and "honestly" this post are the ones that should be erased not the ones on sports.
Thank you.


I am not constantly harping. Your posts wreak with negativity and animosity and encourage attacks from other posters. Its what gets you banned all the time. Again, just read the post you just wrote. Mind my own business? If you want to post childish slander and attacks then do it via pm. Wait, that got you banned as well. Just figure it out quick because everything would run smoother on here. Different viewpoints are welcome, and encouraged. But you encourage attacks with the way you post.


Can any mod or admin. tell me why the "ban" is always temporary? He's been banned several times now. Why is it that he's back a week later? Is it impossible to enact a permanent ban or are you choosing not to?
Ricky Rubio will be a Pamela Anderson sized bust.

6/28/2009

Quote 0 0
longball12
Well, good news:
"For the record will put you on ignore and am requesting you never repsond to me by pm again and preferably don't respond to any of my posts. Thank you. Have a good life."

Never respond to me via pm? I guess then stop sending me pms. Like I told him, he could probably be a decent poster if he just stopped being so negative. Look at what happened to this thread. Look at what happens to all the threads he posts in. I understand others are adding to the problem. I have a couple of times, but only when he was breaking/bending site rules. This board used to be fun to post in. You had good arguments. Not no more. I just hope he never invades the Baseball board.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
sportsfan12
I've received similar sounding/worded PM's also.
Quote 0 0
jimmyq1
gotnogame wrote:


Top notch-have done nothing wrong here except have viewpoint other than the prevailing one. Perchance it is time for the ones who can't let it go to take some time off as I only wish a spirited discusion of the Pack, Vikes, and NFL in general. Think some in admin. see that is not me pushing the envelope. (although will admit that in the past might have been a bit too over oppinionated.) Appreciate the even handedness of some in admin. like Mr Mike, VOR and Diener in seeing both sides of this. For what it is worth think your post, this one, longballs and all posts not dealing with sports should be erased. Figure Mr Mike or someone else that is level headed will do just that and sooner than later. Thanks


It's great how you feel you can dish it out oh-so-subtly, but as soon as you get called out you run and hide. Again, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. If you don't understand the difference, that's your problem. Stop acting the way you do and you won't get the treatment you do.

Quote 0 0
sportsfan12
gotnogame wrote:


Top notch-have done nothing wrong here except have viewpoint other than the prevailing one. Perchance it is time for the ones who can't let it go to take some time off as I only wish a spirited discusion of the Pack, Vikes, and NFL in general. Think some in admin. see that is not me pushing the envelope. (although will admit that in the past might have been a bit too over oppinionated.) Appreciate the even handedness of some in admin. like Mr Mike, VOR and Diener in seeing both sides of this. For what it is worth think your post, this one, longballs and all posts not dealing with sports should be erased. Figure Mr Mike or someone else that is level headed will do just that and sooner than later. Thanks


You are not the only one with a differing viewpoint.

Figure it out.
Quote 0 0
jimmyq1
gotnogame wrote:


Jimmy -run and hide? Was trying not to get personal on the board. If I couldn't take it I would have left this board ages ago but think it has really gotten down to not being run off by mob mentality. Alternative viewpoints should be allowed. And you might look at your own not to subtle word play. MR MIKE? Any chance we get back to Vikes and Favre on this thread?


Many others have different viewpoints (even ones very similar to yours) and don't attract the negative attention like you do. I wonder why?

Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje