Bandit_old
Here are the enrollment numbers for next years WIAA playoffs:
New Richmond 894
Amery 611...Ellsworth 591....could be on way back to D3 for football
Osceola 589...this could potentially put them in D4 next year instead of D3 for football depending on qualifying teams
Baldwin 446
Somerset 428
Durand 422
Prescott 384

other area teams of interest
Rice Lake 828...trying to get out of Big Rivers
SCC 374....rumored to be growing and potentially switching with Durand down the road
Quote 0 0
stcroix1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit

SCC 374....rumored to be growing and potentially switching with Durand down the road


Rumor is there could be another team in the mix as well.

As I have said a million times, I would love to see Altoona go to the MBC and Durand go to the Cloverbelt.

Teams that will never leave the conference:
B-W
Amery
Prescott
Osceola
Ellsworth

Geographically and school size wise, it would never make sense.
HoF Class 2011

NRHSTIGER is a friend of mine...and you are no NRHSTIGER

NRHSTIGER is VERY cheap.

Twitter: @stcroix64
Quote 0 0
bluechip
Quote:
ORIGINAL: St Croix

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit

SCC 374....rumored to be growing and potentially switching with Durand down the road


Rumor is there could be another team in the mix as well.

As I have said a million times, I would love to see Altoona go to the MBC and Durand go to the Cloverbelt.

Teams that will never leave the conference:
B-W
Amery
Prescott
Osceola
Ellsworth

Geographically and school size wise, it would never make sense.


Isn't Altoona a bit of a stretch geographically?
Quote 0 0
wiscott90
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit



other area teams of interest
Rice Lake 828...trying to get out of Big Rivers



did you hear why they are trying to get out of the Big Rivers? Just curious. Their teams for the most part do very well against other BRC schools. football, boys and girls hoops and hockey. The BRC would then be down to 6 teams. []
Quote 0 0
Bandit_old
Enrollment wise they are so small compared to the others, Football this year they took a hit, in D3 they probably could have been a very good team in the playoffs (beat Osceola in the regular season, and I'll have to admit they moved the ball pretty well against us in the scrimage) but they had 1 too many losses in the conference to much larger schools. They probably match up well in some sports, but I know they also have declining enrollments up there.

Once you hit 1,000 students I don't think it matters much, but when you are asked to compete against schools of 1500+ students and you only have half that I'm sure it gets tough.
Quote 0 0
stcroix1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bluechip

Quote:
ORIGINAL: St Croix

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit

SCC 374....rumored to be growing and potentially switching with Durand down the road


Rumor is there could be another team in the mix as well.

As I have said a million times, I would love to see Altoona go to the MBC and Durand go to the Cloverbelt.

Teams that will never leave the conference:
B-W
Amery
Prescott
Osceola
Ellsworth

Geographically and school size wise, it would never make sense.


Isn't Altoona a bit of a stretch geographically?



I just like Altoona...its a personal thing.[:-]
HoF Class 2011

NRHSTIGER is a friend of mine...and you are no NRHSTIGER

NRHSTIGER is VERY cheap.

Twitter: @stcroix64
Quote 0 0
afan1
Osceola to Altoona must be 100+ miles...
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
Quote 0 0
stcroix1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: a fan

Osceola to Altoona must be 100+ miles...



In my feeble head, as I drove to Bismarck today, I figured it was at LEAST 2 hours...no easy way to get there.
HoF Class 2011

NRHSTIGER is a friend of mine...and you are no NRHSTIGER

NRHSTIGER is VERY cheap.

Twitter: @stcroix64
Quote 0 0
frosty12
Quote:
ORIGINAL: St Croix

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit

SCC 374....rumored to be growing and potentially switching with Durand down the road


Rumor is there could be another team in the mix as well.

As I have said a million times, I would love to see Altoona go to the MBC and Durand go to the Cloverbelt.

Teams that will never leave the conference:
B-W
Amery
Prescott
Osceola
Ellsworth

Geographically and school size wise, it would never make sense.



Why do you think these 5 schools, what about Somerset, why wouldn't you put them in that mix?
Quote 0 0
stcroix1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit

I would be curious on enrollment projections for NEw richmond...I would assume the projections have got to show increasing numbers

Amery will probably be moving closer to the 580 number starting next year with a huge senior class graduating this year, but I don't expect the number to go much lower than that

Osceola I would assume will be holding and probably increasing slightly keeping them around 600

Ellsworth appears to be dropping, but not rapidly

BW should be increasing

Somerset should be increasing most rapidly

Prescott I have no clue, but I know referendums have not been pleasant and the facilities are not great

Other schools: Rice Lake is said to be decreasing steadily
SCC has got to be increasing big time, but lots of young couples with young kids so the real effect is probably a few years away yet at the H.S. level.

How long until Baldwin and Somerset hit the 500 mark for 9-12, I assume both will probably get there, Somerset probably first.


Both B-W and SCC will hit it in about 5 years. So many young families have built/bought homes in the area. On my block alone, I know of at least 6 families with kids not yet in HS, with no other older siblings.

I will add 2 to the B-W system...not for awhile though![:-]
HoF Class 2011

NRHSTIGER is a friend of mine...and you are no NRHSTIGER

NRHSTIGER is VERY cheap.

Twitter: @stcroix64
Quote 0 0
topnotch1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit

I would be curious on enrollment projections for NEw richmond...I would assume the projections have got to show increasing numbers

Amery will probably be moving closer to the 580 number starting next year with a huge senior class graduating this year, but I don't expect the number to go much lower than that

Osceola I would assume will be holding and probably increasing slightly keeping them around 600

Ellsworth appears to be dropping, but not rapidly

BW should be increasing

Somerset should be increasing most rapidly

Prescott I have no clue, but I know referendums have not been pleasant and the facilities are not great

Other schools: Rice Lake is said to be decreasing steadily
SCC has got to be increasing big time, but lots of young couples with young kids so the real effect is probably a few years away yet at the H.S. level.

How long until Baldwin and Somerset hit the 500 mark for 9-12, I assume both will probably get there, Somerset probably first.


Hey we just fixed up our middle school and high school according to a passed referendum.
Ricky Rubio will be a Pamela Anderson sized bust.

6/28/2009

Quote 0 0
goldball
Quote:
ORIGINAL: wiscott90

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit



other area teams of interest
Rice Lake 828...trying to get out of Big Rivers



did you hear why they are trying to get out of the Big Rivers? Just curious. Their teams for the most part do very well against other BRC schools. football, boys and girls hoops and hockey. The BRC would then be down to 6 teams. []


There's been talk of moving New Richmond back into the Big Rivers. Nothing serious yet, but NR is very similar in size to Rice Lake, which wouldn't make sense to take out one school that has been a part of a conference for a long time and substitute it for one of similar (much smaller) size.
"Friday night butterflies, like clockwork they arrived,
Little chill in an October sky, nervous 'til the kickoff came,
Four quarters win or lose, spent Saturdays black-n-blue, but it was what I loved to do, and it was more than just a game."

Quote 0 0
goldball
Quote:
ORIGINAL: allsportsbuff

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bandit

Here are the enrollment numbers for next years WIAA playoffs:
New Richmond 894
Amery 611...Ellsworth 591....could be on way back to D3 for football
Osceola 589...this could potentially put them in D4 next year instead of D3 for football depending on qualifying teams
Baldwin 446
Somerset 428
Durand 422
Prescott 384

other area teams of interest
Rice Lake 828...trying to get out of Big Rivers
SCC 374....rumored to be growing and potentially switching with Durand down the road

we are at 594 this year, school stats of returning kids next year is about 40 or more less. we will be lucky to have 554 next year.


The number that counts is the one from this year, right? Or is it the 3rd Friday count next year?

Frosty, explain please.
"Friday night butterflies, like clockwork they arrived,
Little chill in an October sky, nervous 'til the kickoff came,
Four quarters win or lose, spent Saturdays black-n-blue, but it was what I loved to do, and it was more than just a game."

Quote 0 0
Bandit_old
I would be curious on enrollment projections for NEw richmond...I would assume the projections have got to show increasing numbers

Amery will probably be moving closer to the 580 number starting next year with a huge senior class graduating this year, but I don't expect the number to go much lower than that

Osceola I would assume will be holding and probably increasing slightly keeping them around 600

Ellsworth appears to be dropping, but not rapidly

BW should be increasing

Somerset should be increasing most rapidly

Prescott I have no clue, but I know referendums have not been pleasant and the facilities are not great

Other schools: Rice Lake is said to be decreasing steadily
SCC has got to be increasing big time, but lots of young couples with young kids so the real effect is probably a few years away yet at the H.S. level.

How long until Baldwin and Somerset hit the 500 mark for 9-12, I assume both will probably get there, Somerset probably first.
Quote 0 0
Bandit_old
The third friday count in september for this school year, is what is used for the allignment in the WIAA playoffs the next year. So the number I posted at the beginning of this thread is the third friday count that is used for the next school year, even though that number doesn't neccesarily represent the number of kids you will have next year.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje