jess23 Show full post »
db11
kpoirier wrote:


Strattford lost a coin flip for the #1 seed. That wasn't going to change with 4 HON teams in that meeting whether it was online or in person.
 


I mean why do research when you can just vote for your buddies? The American Way!

FWIW, I think the seeding meeting from this is getting way overplayed. Too bad the coin flip didn't land the other way and all this is avoided...lol.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 3 0
kpoirier
db11 wrote:


I mean why do research when you can just vote for your buddies? The American Way!

FWIW, I think the seeding meeting from this is getting way overplayed. Too bad the coin flip didn't land the other way and all this is avoided...lol.


Research this.  Both 9-0. One ranked #4 in D4, the other #1 in D5. Strattford no points given up. Top def in the state. Quality win 6-0 over D7 Edgar. NW top 5 rushing offense in state with no back averaging more than 65 yards per game. 

I get the uproar, but not as lopsided as it seems if you look at the facts. Now the game may end up being lopsided, but there is a justifiable case for both being the 1 seed.

And I've been in enough seeding meetings in multiple sports to know that conf loyalty is REAL. Been on both sides of that. Happens in every sport. Next year when the WIAA goes back to taking care of it, that should go away in football. 
Quote 0 0
db11
kpoirier wrote:


Research this.  Both 9-0. One ranked #4 in D4, the other #1 in D5. Strattford no points given up. Top def in the state. Quality win 6-0 over D7 Edgar. NW top 5 rushing offense in state with no back averaging more than 65 yards per game. 

I get the uproar, but not as lopsided as it seems if you look at the facts. Now the game may end up being lopsided, but there is a justifiable case for both being the 1 seed.

And I've been in enough seeding meetings in multiple sports to know that conf loyalty is REAL. Been on both sides of that. Happens in every sport. Next year when the WIAA goes back to taking care of it, that should go away in football. 


Agreed.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 1 0
prideofthemarawood
Wiaa should never put more than 3 schools from same conference in the same region. Then you would never have a manipulated seed meeting like what happened in this bracket!
Quote 1 0
dawgstyle
Wiaa should never put more than 3 schools from same conference in the same region. Then you would never have a manipulated seed meeting like what happened in this bracket!


So you would just scatter them all over WI and make teams travel hours for level 1 games?  I don't think you understand how this all works.
@2GuysFromWI

Harbaugh will have Urban Meyer retired from OSU by 2020.
Quote 0 0
prideofthemarawood
dawgstyle wrote:


So you would just scatter them all over WI and make teams travel hours for level 1 games?  I don't think you understand how this all works.
dawgstyle wrote:


So you would just scatter them all over WI and make teams travel hours for level 1 games?  I don't think you understand how this all works.
FYI it's already happening schools travel hrs for level 1 games not sure you know what your talking about!
Quote 0 0
jtothec
dawgstyle wrote:


So you would just scatter them all over WI and make teams travel hours for level 1 games?  I don't think you understand how this all works.

Marshfield traveled 3.5 hours for their level 1 game.  
Quote 0 0
tigerguy
But that is not do to trying to divide teams perfectly by skill level.  There was 3.5 hour travel because who Superior supposed to play against that's close to them?  Superior, Ashland, Hurley are all outliers when it comes to the travel distance argument.  Can't use them when you want to argue these points.
Quote 1 0
jtothec
tigerguy wrote:
But that is not do to trying to divide teams perfectly by skill level.  There was 3.5 hour travel because who Superior supposed to play against that's close to them?  Superior, Ashland, Hurley are all outliers when it comes to the travel distance argument.  Can't use them when you want to argue these points.


Sure can.  It is undeniable proof that you can travel that far for level 1 games. The dude said you can't do that for level 1 games but low and behold some teams do.  If you want to say that is special circumstances you sure can, but it doesn't change the fact that plenty of teams travel hours for level 1 games.
Quote 0 0
mayham
coolrip wrote:
Northwestern vs Stratford. Seen film of both teams and have seen Northwestern up close and personal. Scoreless streak comes to end and so does Stratford's season.
                                              Come out of hiding and tell us what happen?
Quote 2 0
robd1
coolrip wrote:
Northwestern vs Stratford. Seen film of both teams and have seen Northwestern up close and personal. Scoreless streak comes to end and so does Stratford's season.


Yeah.....so much for that wish......
Quote 0 0
robd1
Northwestern by 2 scores? 28-14.


Well Georgie...…...looks like you were wrong...…. NW is not the great team you thought they were after all.
Quote 0 0
billybobble
Good night kids
Quote 0 0
dawgstyle
jtothec wrote:


Sure can.  It is undeniable proof that you can travel that far for level 1 games. The dude said you can't do that for level 1 games but low and behold some teams do.  If you want to say that is special circumstances you sure can, but it doesn't change the fact that plenty of teams travel hours for level 1 games.


They do that because they have to.  Not because they arbitrarily choose to split up conference teams to create travel issues.

The fact that you cant differentiate between those two circumstances explains why you suggested it in the first place.
@2GuysFromWI

Harbaugh will have Urban Meyer retired from OSU by 2020.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje