Hornet_Blocker77_old Show full post »
onefan
realfootball wrote:


SMS would've probably won that game even if it was cooler, but not a 34-7 game. And to you know-nothings that didn't see or listen to the game. Every springs player would say how hard of a game that was. Even some of their one-way players looked like they were about to fall over.

But in all fairness, SMS is a hell of a team and is going to win state. Beau is a multi-threat athlete at QB and a brilliant game plan is required to even shut down one aspect of their extremely dangerous offense. Lastly, highly doubt Lancaster and brillion or arcadia can do it. Look forward to 50-7 games from here on out.


Wow, really? Talk about making SMS fans look quite arrogant. Lancaster is undefeated, and Arcadia is in the state semifinals for a reason. Give these teams credit. Remember, there have been many a team in the past that was a "lock" to win it all only to fall flat against tremendous competition. Let the next couple weeks play out before making those type of claims. It makes it tremendously easy to root against a team when one reads garbage like that!
Quote 0 0
jazzy1
onefan wrote:


realfootball wrote:


SMS would've probably won that game even if it was cooler, but not a 34-7 game. And to you know-nothings that didn't see or listen to the game. Every springs player would say how hard of a game that was. Even some of their one-way players looked like they were about to fall over.

But in all fairness, SMS is a hell of a team and is going to win state. Beau is a multi-threat athlete at QB and a brilliant game plan is required to even shut down one aspect of their extremely dangerous offense. Lastly, highly doubt Lancaster and brillion or arcadia can do it. Look forward to 50-7 games from here on out.


Wow, really? Talk about making SMS fans look quite arrogant. Lancaster is undefeated, and Arcadia is in the state semifinals for a reason. Give these teams credit. Remember, there have been many a team in the past that was a "lock" to win it all only to fall flat against tremendous competition. Let the next couple weeks play out before making those type of claims. It makes it tremendously easy to root against a team when one reads garbage like that!


I remember back in the early 2000's not sure of the year off hand but, Springs was supposed to run away with it and Lancaster handed it to 'em. Not in Springs favor btw Play the games boys
Quote 0 0
Tru Leader_old
the score doesnt reflect the way the game went
Whats left to say?
Quote 0 0
kmalone57
Tru Leader wrote:


the score doesnt reflect the way the game went



Yes it does. First quarter: Went back and forth. Second quarter: Springs had a slight edge. Second half: Springs wore CG-B out.
yeah yeah yeah

WHOOOOOOOOAAAAA

and heres a steal by bird

havlichek stole it, havlichek stole the ball
Quote 0 0
db1112
And when we played in Level 4 in 2006, we played the day after heavy snowfall, and we were a speed passing team. We played Lancaster who pounded the running game. Weather is part of the playoffs and it helps some teams and hurts some teams.

As a team you have to be prepared for everything. Forcasts were calling for it to be a warm November day, the team should have been preparing accordingly and hydrating all week.

Im not trying to take anything away from CG-B. They are obviously a great team, and its a heck of a program. They have alot of accomplishments over the past 5 years. But I believe Springs was the better team this year.
"The runner goes, Hall juices it into left center field.....THE BREWERS WIN...."

"And there's a drive into left field, this is hit well, and IT'S GONE....RYAN BRAUN...A 2-RUN HOME RUN, THE BREWERS TAKE THE LEAD..."
Quote 0 0
rockets06_old
Springs wins that game either way. The game was played and even though Whether did have a factor, the score was 34-7 and the biggest factor to the score was field position. Springs won the field position battle and won in special teams - could be the fact that CG has 10 guys going both ways and on Special Teams and also that it was hot out. But matter of fact, Springs won. Its unfortunate for CG that the weather was that way becuase it possbily deflected the score of a could have been dog fight.

Anyways - realfootball is not a biased Springs fan - believe me.... He is correct - Lancaster gives up a lot of points and Spring can score points... Victory Springs... Next anybody is the North cannot stay with Lancaster/Springs/CG IMO.. therefore a state championship for Springs..
LET'S GO ROCKETS!
Quote 0 0
sportsfan18_old
After playing all season with players going two and three ways in various weather conditions (Im sure it was hotter in September than last week) you would think that the beautiful, albeit unseasonably warm weather would not make or break the outcome of the game. If CBG was hurting so bad by the warmer than usual weather, why didnt the coach sub some players in? If they are that short on depth where they are unable to sub a few players here or there for a couple snaps than they obviously were not the better team. Sounds to me as though the lack of depth by CGB had more to do with the loss than the weather or Jersey colors.

Note, I am not trying to take anything away from the accomplishments of the Cedar-Grove Belgium squad or downplay their talent. I merely pointing out the faulty logic in these "excuses" that are being made. I am sorry but I played in a similar game back in 2003 with very similar weather conditions (I believe it was in the 60's). We ultimately lost to Monona Grove that day but it was no fault of the weather or anything else but our own.
Quote 0 0
deeman
Lancaster took a pretty big hit this last weekend with a knee injury to Kyle Noble...an outstanding linebacker and it's looking pretty doubtful that he'll play.

But I agree with Jazzy...play the games boys. Although SMS is a fantastic football team, I don't know that I'd ever bet against a John Hoch-coached football team in the playoffs.
Quote 0 0
wordovmouth_old
db_11 wrote:


rocketdad wrote:


kmalone57
sorry to disappoint.. first quarter back and forth... edge CGB... They moved the ball better and the Defense was disruptive. 2nd qtr back and forth ....edge SMS you could literally see the heat draining the Rockets on the second SMS drive. Second half.... went to Springs, CGB ran out of gas I garuntee that heat played a factor in this game. Kudos to Springs they have the better "team" . Easier to play 22 than 12 in Saturdays 75 degree temp. If this game was played on a cooler day it would have been a much closer game throughout. Good Luck to Springs the rest of the way!


It was like 65 degrees. Its not like it was 80+. Give me a break.

Springs wins that game in 100 degree weather, 50 degree weather and 0 degree weather, in the snow, rain or sleet.

Springs was the better team.


Were you at the game?? It was 71 degrees(the all time record high for that day in WI ever by the way). That is not including all your equipment. Helmet, shoulder pads, gloves, etc. AND CG wore All black. like literally everything for cg is completely black, with an orange line or 2. It's by far hotter on the field none the less. Also this is def. hotter than almost any game during the season just because it was at the hottest time of the day with the sun beating down on you. Sun isn't beating down at 7 o clock at night. The biggest factor is that cg had 10 out of 11 players going both ways and on all special teams. Thats the recipe for no energy. The sun just zaps you in that situation. This was a case of the conditions playing into sms hands. I'm not by any means saying that's the reason springs won the game, but there are a lot people saying it didn't factor in or the game was a blowout like they thought. Talk to players from springs, they'll tell you first hand the game wasn't at all how the score reflected. 1 of springs 2, both way players had limited time in the second half because of cramping and such. Cg had 10 players going both ways! Give cg some credit. On top of all that cg's starting rb and starting olb hurt his shoulder at the end of the first quarter and did not return. All those things added up and cg needed those little things to go their way and they did not. Cg was def. capable of beating springs, but When you have two dominant teams you need some breaks. SMS got some and Cg didn't. I'm done ranting, springs is a tremendous team, but so is cg. nothing more to be said and good luck to springs.
"Alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth but no toothbrush"
-Mama
Quote 0 0
wordovmouth_old
Obviously you didn't read my post because no, it was hotter than any game in September. It was being played at 1. Hotter than it would be at 7, with the sun beating down on you. It is NOT that hot during any September game. Again I already made my statement about the game, just pointing out YOUR "faulty logic".
"Alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth but no toothbrush"
-Mama
Quote 0 0
sportsfan18_old
wordovmouth wrote:


Obviously you didn't read my post because no, it was hotter than any game in September. It was being played at 1. Hotter than it would be at 7, with the sun beating down on you. It is NOT that hot during any September game. Again I already made my statement about the game, just pointing out YOUR "faulty logic".


By me stating that weather in September is warmer than last Saturday's game is faulty logic than so be it. I am glad you were able to record the temperatures for all the games prior to the playoff game.[] Sorry if my post somehow offended you, but nothing I said was that out of line. Also I did read your post and obviously I disagree that temperatures in September can, and have reached 70 at night.[]
Quote 0 0
ledgersfanfre7_old
Ok, this game is done, and over with. Springs won 34-7, CGB is an outstanding team, and I will admit that the score did not show how intense and tiring the game was. This game was the toughest for both teams all season. I agree that the weather did play a role. Another thing that played a role was the amount of players going both ways for CGB compared to that of Springs. With all this said, I repeat, its done. Springs won and should have another great match up this weekend. Good luck to all teams left, and congradulations to CGB on another outstanding season.
Quote 0 0
wordovmouth_old
Your not understanding why I'm saying it was hotter. No kidding it has gotten up to and beyond 70 degrees in september, I realize that. I'm saying that a game played during the middle of the day with the sun shining bright is hotter than a game at night. Whatever though, I'm done and ledgersfan said it well... the game is over.
"Alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth but no toothbrush"
-Mama
Quote 0 0
realfootball
ledgersfanfre7 wrote:


Ok, this game is done, and over with. Springs won 34-7, CGB is an outstanding team, and I will admit that the score did not show how intense and tiring the game was. This game was the toughest for both teams all season. I agree that the weather did play a role. Another thing that played a role was the amount of players going both ways for CGB compared to that of Springs. With all this said, I repeat, its done. Springs won and should have another great match up this weekend. Good luck to all teams left, and congradulations to CGB on another outstanding season.


Amen ledgersfan. That is EXACTLY what wordovmouth and i've been trying to say. Enough trying to bash people who were at the game and actually know what happened. I'm done ranting on about this. Last thing i have to say about CGB and springs is regarding the district thing for next year. Springs and CGB would be in the same district, as of now, and could see some great matchups between them for a long time to come.
I'd rather run 90 yards down the field destroyin people instead of running 90 yards away from people
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje