nyybball

 Who Takes Home The Gold Ball? 55  votes

 Kaukauna 29 votes
52%
 La Crosse Central 14 votes
25%
 Milwaukee Washington 11 votes
20%
 Westosha Central 1 vote
1%
This poll has been closed.
Discuss here....
Quote 1 0
nyybball
D2 Seedings are finalized....

(#1) Kaukauna vs (#4) Westosha Central
(#2) La Crosse Central vs (#3) Milwaukee Washington
Quote 0 0
redraidernation
The Central/Washington game should be fantastic.
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
redraidernation wrote:
The Central/Washington game should be fantastic.


And I'm likely going to have to leave that one early...
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
gstacy
that roster looks scary!!
Quote 0 0
db11
The 2/3 seeds are kind of irrelevant, but I'm very surprised Washington didn't get the two, let alone the one.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
db11 wrote:
The 2/3 seeds are kind of irrelevant, but I'm very surprised Washington didn't get the two, let alone the one.


Haven't you heard? The FVA is the best conference in the state.
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
db11
thecrackerjack wrote:


Haven't you heard? The FVA is the best conference in the state.


It's not that I don't buy Kaukauna as a 1, but Washington hasn't lost in Wisconsin since November and didn't exactly play a weak schedule. Not sure how LaX Central gets the 2. At the end it's irrelevant in a four-team bracket, but it's weird to me how the only two legit #1 seed options ended up 1 and 3.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
nyybball
db11 wrote:


It's not that I don't buy Kaukauna as a 1, but Washington hasn't lost in Wisconsin since November and didn't exactly play a weak schedule. Not sure how LaX Central gets the 2. At the end it's irrelevant in a four-team bracket, but it's weird to me how the only two legit #1 seed options ended up 1 and 3.

The crazy part is that it was a 2 to 2 tie between Central and Kaukauna for the top seed.  The WBCA representative broke the tie in favor of Kaukauna.  Coach Fergot mentioned this in today's La Crosse Tribune.

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/local/preps/wiaa-state-boys-basketball-bangor-top-seed-in-division-la/article_7323633c-65c8-5966-9619-b86147380c8e.html
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
nyybball wrote:

The crazy part is that it was a 2 to 2 tie between Central and Kaukauna for the top seed.  The WBCA representative broke the tie in favor of Kaukauna.  Coach Fergot mentioned this in today's La Crosse Tribune.

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/local/preps/wiaa-state-boys-basketball-bangor-top-seed-in-division-la/article_7323633c-65c8-5966-9619-b86147380c8e.html


Who voted for who?
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
nyybball
thecrackerjack wrote:


Who voted for who?

I have no idea who voted for who.  My statement was just repeating what coach Fergot mentioned in the article.
Quote 0 0
db11
LaX Central must have gotten the defending champ bump that Appleton North on the girls' side didn't...lol.

Surprised Milwaukee Washington's 3-1 record at the St. Hope Elite Classic in California with a major piece not there wouldn't have counted for something more. Their only Wisconsin loss was in OT to Brown Deer, in the first game of the year, which started a two-month run of BD being one of the best teams in the state.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
johnwall1
LaX Central deserves to be at State, but they came through a very weak regional/sectional. Only quality team they faced was a team that starts two sophs, a freshman, has zero bench and lost to Tomah a couple weeks ago. Not even close to what Washington had to get through.  Central's path was New Richmond, River Falls, Onalaska and Marshfield.  Milw Washington will be way too much for Central, setting up an epic D2 title game with McCabe.  Don't bet against Kaukauna.
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
nyybball wrote:

I have no idea who voted for who.  My statement was just repeating what coach Fergot mentioned in the article.


I know. Thinking about who would vote for who is interesting. Did two of the coaches vote for themselves as the 1 seed?
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
sportsjunkies
Wonder if the obvious 4 seed voted for LAX Central because they would rather play them than Kaukauna. 

Don't forget the politics that are involved in these voting procedures, figuring out matchups and what fits best for your team.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje