wis.gator_old Show full post »
pinetar
I ain't sure what ya'll are talking about but I think my IQ just dropped 20 points anyways...
Quote 0 0
jimmyq1
Buckybacker wrote:


Top Notch wrote:


Buckybacker wrote:


Alando=Amazing wrote:


Does a southern accent automatically come with a complete lack on intelligence?


In my opinion, yes. Using the words "y'all" and "ain't" automatically drops your I.Q. by 20 points.


"Ain't" is hardly limited to the south, it might be more common there, but I hear it plently up here, too, especially in informal situations. By smart and dumb people alike.


Call me too formal or snobby, but "ain't" makes me think you're an idiot. Same with people from my hometown saying "I says" instead of "I said".

According to dictionary.com...
"non-standard except in some dialects"
"As a substitute for am not, is not, and are not in declarative sentences, ain't is more common in uneducated speech than in educated, but it occurs with some frequency in the informal speech of the educated, especially in the southern and south-central states."


An idiot? I'm super stupid then [&:]. Some people know when to turn their vocabulary on and off. It would be a mistake to write someone off merely because they use strange words/slang.

Quote 0 0
runner00_old
a couple things that haven't been said that should be brought up

1. the ambulance was traveling with its lights/sirens off..so to the normal driver (probably including the trooper) it just looked like an off-duty ambulance that was flying around. who is to know that they have somebody in the back
2. oklahoma law prohibits anybody or anything that impedes an ambulance's ability to make it to a hospital on time and in safe matter

It's a tricky situation, my take is that the officer had the right to pull the ambulance over. In bigger cities ambulances aren't even government vehicles, they're contracted out to private companies. So like I said above, the ambulance just could have been abusing its power and driven without obeying the traffic laws. Once the trooper pulled the ambulance over and realized that they are indeed enroute to the hospital I think that they officer should have escorted the ambulance there and if then if the trooper(s) had a problem with the driver and/or the tactics they were using, discuss that once the patient is safely in the care of the hospital staff. I do agree it was pretty stupid on the paramedic's part to start resisting but they situation shouldn't have gotten to that point in the first place.
"This is my body, and I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it, and study it, tweak it, listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"
Lance Armstrong
Quote 0 0
topnotch1
Buckybacker wrote:


Alando=Amazing wrote:


Does a southern accent automatically come with a complete lack on intelligence?


In my opinion, yes. Using the words "y'all" and "ain't" automatically drops your I.Q. by 20 points.


"Ain't" is hardly limited to the south, it might be more common there, but I hear it plently up here, too, especially in informal situations. By smart and dumb people alike.
Ricky Rubio will be a Pamela Anderson sized bust.

6/28/2009

Quote 0 0
hoopsaddict
runner00 wrote:


a couple things that haven't been said that should be brought up

1. the ambulance was traveling with its lights/sirens off..so to the normal driver (probably including the trooper) it just looked like an off-duty ambulance that was flying around. who is to know that they have somebody in the back
2. oklahoma law prohibits anybody or anything that impedes an ambulance's ability to make it to a hospital on time and in safe matter

It's a tricky situation, my take is that the officer had the right to pull the ambulance over. In bigger cities ambulances aren't even government vehicles, they're contracted out to private companies. So like I said above, the ambulance just could have been abusing its power and driven without obeying the traffic laws. Once the trooper pulled the ambulance over and realized that they are indeed enroute to the hospital I think that they officer should have escorted the ambulance there and if then if the trooper(s) had a problem with the driver and/or the tactics they were using, discuss that once the patient is safely in the care of the hospital staff. I do agree it was pretty stupid on the paramedic's part to start resisting but they situation shouldn't have gotten to that point in the first place.


It is actually common practice for ambuances to not have thier sirens on in transport to the hospital. Often the EMT's will not turn them on because it might just make the patient uneasy. In the article i posted above the EMT in this story suggest the same thing.
Quote 0 0
pinetar
panther_56 wrote:


wow, grammar police are on high alert. for the ones that are so critical, do you use curse words? I bet you do, what does that qualify as?


"being grown up"...or so I was told I couldn't say those words til I grew up...
Quote 0 0
jerry_old
panther_56 wrote:


wow, grammar police are on high alert. for the ones that are so critical, do you use curse words? I bet you do, what does that qualify as?


Buckybacker's gonna warsh out yer damn dirty mouth with soap if'n you ain't careful. That there last sentence what you ended with a preposition ain't right.
Official member of the Curt Phillips fan club. There's always next year.
Quote 0 0
jaxon1024
And "I seen". How stupid can people be??

One word. Two syllables: Demarcation

You dont snipe at Carentan.

Cant over die, cant over dry.
Quote 0 0
panther56
wow, grammar police are on high alert. for the ones that are so critical, do you use curse words? I bet you do, what does that qualify as?
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje