It appears some people only judge a coach by wins and losses. Quite a sad state of affairs. I already told you how I classify great coaches in my earlier post. If you disagree, thats your opinion.
Escards, if you like to call me out and attack me, and thats all fine and well, but i'd much rather hear a response to my points, since that is what makes the conversation interesting. So let me pose the questions to you (or anyone) again. I'd like to hear your response.
1) You don't think Diener should be embarassed by having his kids stall in a game where they were the more athletic team?
2) The only way to determine the best coach is on how many state titles they have won?
3) The game of basketball is meant to be played by having 9 players stand around and watch one player hold the ball?
4) You disagree with my point that it would be a tough sell to my players that I asked them to work hard for me every day, but when we got to the fianl game of our season I told them to stall during the first half of a close game?
1. Diener should not be embarrassed of anything, it's not like he assaulted someone one. he made a strategic move, no coach should be embarrassed of that. The reason he went to the 4 corners is because his team was more athletic, but not more fundamental. The zone was killing his team, they couldn't shoot from the outside. So he made a STRATEGIC move to draw them out of the zone. It backfired, end of story. There is nothing to be embarrased about.
2. I think how many state titles a coach has won is a good place to start. These men have proven time and time again that they know how to get a team to win a championship. There are many, many talented teams that don't win a state title, these guys know how to get these teams to a title.
3. Is irrelevant. Diener did it to try and pull West out of the zone. I think it was a great move, you can disagree, but there isn't anything to be embarrassed about.
4. Again, it was a STRATEGIC move. West was in a zone and Vincent wasn't doing anything against it. Make them come out and defend them would have allowed Vincent to attack the rim, but West didn't. They stayed packed in the paint.
You are repeating yourself, now answer my question.
What credentials do you have to tell any coach that they should be embarrassed of how they coached?
PS - It's kind of ironic that you are saying that wins and losses shouldn't count that much when determining how good a coach is, but you are saying that a coach should be EMBARRASSED BY MAKING A A STRATEGIC MOVE.
I hope you don't have kids, I would hate to be that coach.
My negative score is a result of an obsession that sportsfan has with me. Help win this battle of good vs. evil, give me a +2!