magnum1 Show full post »
FHS5479_old
It appers that this game was just as ugly as the boys D-3 title gam from last year. Except this year, it is a public school dystroying another public school.
Always remember the 25th of December(for more then 1 reason)

Winona St. Softball! 34-11
Winona St. Baseball! 32-14
Quote 0 0
kern1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: magnum1

I'm not trying to start a flame thrower here, but is this observation of the game (so far) correct.

I see an Amherst team that is very average, and a CC team that is good, but not great. I think that Flambeau (D4 champ) would be winning this game somewhat easily. Maybe I'm missing something, but.....


Wow wow wow... -1000 for even saying CC isn't great after going 27-0 and going through THE HANDS DOWN TOUGHEST ROAD TO THE GOLD BALL in the state, bar none...

They beat a Parkview team, who if they wouldn't have ran into CC would have made a run at sectionals..

Beat a highly ranked MP team for the 3rd time in the season!
Beat another highly touted Lancaster team for the 2nd time!
Beat Markesan, a team that had only lost one other game, handily!
Took care of Oostburg in a tight game, who was by far the 2nd best team in the state. (Beat Sheboygan-North)
And then completely dominated Amherst in the state championship who, up until 2 hours ago, people were giving a fighting shot.

-1000 man... -1000..
I try to think and nothing happens! - Three Stooges

"Give yourself a 4-5 second effort for 48 minutes" - Stolen from the signature of Marlin "Lee Corso" - For if he wasn't an administrator, I would have been banned a long time ago. RIP bud.
Quote 0 0
FHS5479_old
I am with kern79 on this one. How can anyone say Cuba City is not great after the preformance they put on against Amherst?
Always remember the 25th of December(for more then 1 reason)

Winona St. Softball! 34-11
Winona St. Baseball! 32-14
Quote 0 0
dutchpride
Don't forget that Iowa school that went something like 19-2 on the season. Cascade?
Quote 0 0
kern1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: DutchPride

Don't forget that Iowa school that went something like 19-2 on the season. Cascade?


Yeah... I was going for just playoffs, but good point!

If I were Oostburg, I'd be trying to snatch the silver ball from Amherst.
I try to think and nothing happens! - Three Stooges

"Give yourself a 4-5 second effort for 48 minutes" - Stolen from the signature of Marlin "Lee Corso" - For if he wasn't an administrator, I would have been banned a long time ago. RIP bud.
Quote 0 0
db11
Quote:
ORIGINAL: kern79

Quote:
ORIGINAL: magnum1

I'm not trying to start a flame thrower here, but is this observation of the game (so far) correct.

I see an Amherst team that is very average, and a CC team that is good, but not great. I think that Flambeau (D4 champ) would be winning this game somewhat easily. Maybe I'm missing something, but.....


Wow wow wow... -1000 for even saying CC isn't great after going 27-0 and going through THE HANDS DOWN TOUGHEST ROAD TO THE GOLD BALL in the state, bar none...

They beat a Parkview team, who if they wouldn't have ran into CC would have made a run at sectionals..

Beat a highly ranked MP team for the 3rd time in the season!
Beat another highly touted Lancaster team for the 2nd time!
Beat Markesan, a team that had only lost one other game, handily!
Took care of Oostburg in a tight game, who was by far the 2nd best team in the state. (Beat Sheboygan-North)
And then completely dominated Amherst in the state championship who, up until 2 hours ago, people were giving a fighting shot.

-1000 man... -1000..


Flambeau is a program that takes average talent (especially this year) and molds them into a great team that specializes in defense.

Cuba City is a program that takes good talent and molds them into a great team that specializes in defense.

Flambeau could hang with CC better than a lot of teams, but there's little chance they'd win any more than 1 out of 5 games against Cuba City.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
kern1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: DB1985

Quote:
ORIGINAL: kern79

Quote:
ORIGINAL: magnum1

I'm not trying to start a flame thrower here, but is this observation of the game (so far) correct.

I see an Amherst team that is very average, and a CC team that is good, but not great. I think that Flambeau (D4 champ) would be winning this game somewhat easily. Maybe I'm missing something, but.....


Wow wow wow... -1000 for even saying CC isn't great after going 27-0 and going through THE HANDS DOWN TOUGHEST ROAD TO THE GOLD BALL in the state, bar none...

They beat a Parkview team, who if they wouldn't have ran into CC would have made a run at sectionals..

Beat a highly ranked MP team for the 3rd time in the season!
Beat another highly touted Lancaster team for the 2nd time!
Beat Markesan, a team that had only lost one other game, handily!
Took care of Oostburg in a tight game, who was by far the 2nd best team in the state. (Beat Sheboygan-North)
And then completely dominated Amherst in the state championship who, up until 2 hours ago, people were giving a fighting shot.

-1000 man... -1000..


Flambeau is a program that takes average talent (especially this year) and molds them into a great team that specializes in defense.

Cuba City is a program that takes good talent and molds them into a great team that specializes in defense.

Flambeau could hang with CC better than a lot of teams, but there's little chance they'd win any more than 1 out of 5 games against Cuba City.



Don't worry DB... I'm not taking anything away from Flambeau. But when he said "but not great" I had enough.
I try to think and nothing happens! - Three Stooges

"Give yourself a 4-5 second effort for 48 minutes" - Stolen from the signature of Marlin "Lee Corso" - For if he wasn't an administrator, I would have been banned a long time ago. RIP bud.
Quote 0 0
kern1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: DB1985

Quote:
ORIGINAL: magnum1

Quote:
ORIGINAL: kern79


Don't worry DB... I'm not taking anything away from Flambeau. But when he said "but not great" I had enough.


OK OK OK. Very bad choice of words on my part. My apologies.

I guess, looking back, I was expecting to see this explosive game, on both sides. That obviously didn't happen, and this just looked way too easy for CC. I think, if they would have had to play a team like Flambeau or a team that that was more of a challenge, they would have been able to show just how good they are. Playing against Amhearst they just looked like a team on cruise control, and to me it wasn't very entertaining. Poor game for me to judge how good CC is considering this is the only time I was able to see them.

Good thing I'm not a politician. I would make the nightly sounds bites every time.

Once again, I apologize




...and then we're going to Lancaster, and Mineral Point, and Markesan and then on to Madison to take back the gold ball!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!



If we could add sound clips to posts, that would have been the single greatest post ever. I'll give it an 8 for creativity and 9 for delivery.
I try to think and nothing happens! - Three Stooges

"Give yourself a 4-5 second effort for 48 minutes" - Stolen from the signature of Marlin "Lee Corso" - For if he wasn't an administrator, I would have been banned a long time ago. RIP bud.
Quote 0 0
FHS5479_old
If I remember right, that was what everyone thougth Roncalli should have done after the boys D-3 state final last year.
Always remember the 25th of December(for more then 1 reason)

Winona St. Softball! 34-11
Winona St. Baseball! 32-14
Quote 0 0
magnum1
Quote:
ORIGINAL: kern79


Don't worry DB... I'm not taking anything away from Flambeau. But when he said "but not great" I had enough.


OK OK OK. Very bad choice of words on my part. My apologies.

I guess, looking back, I was expecting to see this explosive game, on both sides. That obviously didn't happen, and this just looked way too easy for CC. I think, if they would have had to play a team like Flambeau or a team that that was more of a challenge, they would have been able to show just how good they are. Playing against Amhearst they just looked like a team on cruise control, and to me it wasn't very entertaining. Poor game for me to judge how good CC is considering this is the only time I was able to see them.

Good thing I'm not a politician. I would make the nightly sounds bites every time.

Once again, I apologize

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
Quote 0 0
db11
Quote:
ORIGINAL: magnum1

Quote:
ORIGINAL: kern79


Don't worry DB... I'm not taking anything away from Flambeau. But when he said "but not great" I had enough.


OK OK OK. Very bad choice of words on my part. My apologies.

I guess, looking back, I was expecting to see this explosive game, on both sides. That obviously didn't happen, and this just looked way too easy for CC. I think, if they would have had to play a team like Flambeau or a team that that was more of a challenge, they would have been able to show just how good they are. Playing against Amhearst they just looked like a team on cruise control, and to me it wasn't very entertaining. Poor game for me to judge how good CC is considering this is the only time I was able to see them.

Good thing I'm not a politician. I would make the nightly sounds bites every time.

Once again, I apologize




...and then we're going to Lancaster, and Mineral Point, and Markesan and then on to Madison to take back the gold ball!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje