iluvbb1_old
UW_L alumn and Carroll Alumn obsevations from the game.

1. kudos to the LaCrosse coach, he used his entire bench and coached his teama players coach.
Carroll coach, went 7-8 deep and rode the officials rather than coach his team.

2. Tony Mane, a great 2 guard (31 points) an all american
John Hoch, an all ME- american, 22 points 8of hisshots were blocked and maybe 2 assists. He's a good player but not a team player and certainly not a point gaurd

3.LaCrosse played as a team, Carroll was an individual team the
LaCrosse's guards looked for their team mates, We couldn't say the same of Carroll's one and only guard

4. Even God had to rest on the 7th day, Hoch apparently dosen't, he played the full 40 minutes!

5. Why does the Carroll team need assistant coaches, they don't say much. As Henry Ford said "if I want to be surrounded by yes people, I don't need a board!" This is also why K-mart almost failed.

Carroll alumn, I know he has some good players sitting on the bench, why not use them.
Quote:









Quote 0 0
afan1
[link=http://www.uwlathletics.com/custompages/Men%27s%20Basketball%20Stats/2009-10stats/uwl3.htm]http://www.uwlathletics...ts/2009-10stats/uwl3.htm[/link]

Stats for anyone interested.
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
Quote 0 0
wcbsas
Specific to UWL ... they have to find someone else besides their two guards to score. Only one player in double figures. This has been a recurring theme for this team early in the season. Once they get to their WIAC schedule they will struggle unless they can figure that out!

Specific to Carroll ... Buchanon is a good coach. First year at CU and early in the season. I'm sure he and his assistants are still figuring things out.
Quote 0 0
hillmatic39
I really don't understand how La Crosse utilizes its big men. Coach Koeble, has tons of talent at the 4 and 5 position (Alex Milsap, Al Cherry, Andy Merklein) it would just be nice to see Koelble have a little more consistency with his lineup. Give the big men some chances to get into the flow of the game.
Quote 0 0
hoopdreamswi
Hillmatic39 wrote:


I really don't understand how La Crosse utilizes its big men. Coach Koeble, has tons of talent at the 4 and 5 position (Alex Milsap, Al Cherry, Andy Merklein) it would just be nice to see Koelble have a little more consistency with his lineup. Give the big men some chances to get into the flow of the game.

We're three games into the season. It's a bit early to ask for (or even identify the lack of) consistency in the lineup.
Quote 0 0
hillmatic39
The team has been practicing for over a month and the roster is relatively the same as last year. How can you not have some consistency? And I forgot Andrew Haas too. Asking for consistency from a coach that has shown NONE in the past year is not asking for much.
Quote 0 0
hoopdreamswi
[]
Quote 0 0
pinetar
Hillmatic39 wrote:


The team has been practicing for over a month and the roster is relatively the same as last year. How can you not have some consistency? And I forgot Andrew Haas too. Asking for consistency from a coach that has shown NONE in the past year is not asking for much.


It's Haass...but no big deal...I'm just best friends with the kid haha...is he getting a lot of playing time this year? Being in Nebraska kills my chances of seeing any of his games!
Quote 0 0
hillmatic39
Haha, and I'm best friends with Milsap. But I think Haass is having a pretty good year.
Quote 0 0
pinetar
he has lost a ton of weight since HS...hes a bean pole the last time I saw him...I hope he isn't getting pushed around...maybe its because he stopped partying
Quote 0 0
pinetar
I don't know Tony and have never heard anything bad from when I hung out with some of the LAX players...but I will agree that it seems the dude jacks shots up like mad...but when hes hot its hard to argue with him shooting as much as he does...I just think theres a ton of talent they could spread the ball around too if need be
Quote 0 0
bb211
Pinetar wrote:


I don't know Tony and have never heard anything bad from when I hung out with some of the LAX players...but I will agree that it seems the dude jacks shots up like mad...but when hes hot its hard to argue with him shooting as much as he does...I just think theres a ton of talent they could spread the ball around too if need be


I was on his high school team. Nothing in sports has ever frustrated me more than trying to guard Tony when his shot is falling. He's not going to be hot all the time, but he's got the "good shooters keep shooting" mentality, and missing a shot doesn't phase him much.
You are not smarter than your favorite team's upper management, so stop trying to be.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje