longball12 Show full post »
longball12
How about this for next year?

LF - Brad Nelson
CF - Tony Gwynn Jr
RF - Corey Hart
3B - Hardy
SS - Hall
2B - Weeks
1B - Fielder
C - Rottino
P - Sheets

If that was the opening day roster, that would be 9 guys from our minor league system all starting. Brad Nelson, although slumping slightly this year, he still is a career 271 hitter. He is 23 going on 24 in December. Has been a top prospect of the Brewers since his huge season in 2002, but just has never gotten a shot. Had power, but got injured in 03 I believe. This set of starters would truly be a young team.

Lineup could be: Gwynn, Hart, Weeks, Fielder, Hall, Hardy, Rottino, Nelson, Sheets. I don't mind that lineup one bit. And if you don't like the Nelson idea, cause it's just an idea folks, then insert the guy of your choice.

After further review, I don't think Ohka is back next year. I think they are sold on the idea of Villanueva or Jackson for the 5 spot and let Bush keep the 4. I think DD will have his contract picked up for another season as well.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
lg11
Im sorry but that is a terrible lineup. I dont have to the time anazlye it right now or else I would to back up my claim.
Want some french cries with that whamburger?
Quote 0 0
dangerl33_old
Quote:
ORIGINAL: longball

How about this for next year?

LF - Brad Nelson
CF - Tony Gwynn Jr
RF - Corey Hart
3B - Hardy
SS - Hall
2B - Weeks
1B - Fielder
C - Rottino
P - Sheets

If that was the opening day roster, that would be 9 guys from our minor league system all starting. Brad Nelson, although slumping slightly this year, he still is a career 271 hitter. He is 23 going on 24 in December. Has been a top prospect of the Brewers since his huge season in 2002, but just has never gotten a shot. Had power, but got injured in 03 I believe. This set of starters would truly be a young team.

Lineup could be: Gwynn, Hart, Weeks, Fielder, Hall, Hardy, Rottino, Nelson, Sheets. I don't mind that lineup one bit. And if you don't like the Nelson idea, cause it's just an idea folks, then insert the guy of your choice.

After further review, I don't think Ohka is back next year. I think they are sold on the idea of Villanueva or Jackson for the 5 spot and let Bush keep the 4. I think DD will have his contract picked up for another season as well.



Why would Hardy play third? Flop him and Billy Hall. Brad Nelson will not start for the crew and Damian will probably be back.
http://www.myspace.com/dangerl

"I'm never going to stop shooting. I love to shoot." Mike Griffin following the D3 semi-finals.
Quote 0 0
longball12
Quote:
ORIGINAL: 101011

Im sorry but that is a terrible lineup. I dont have to the time anazlye it right now or else I would to back up my claim.

i am just messing around with lineups and ideas. Who knows if Miller will be back for a full year next year. He's been slumping terribly and will have another year on his age. Will be hard to determine what his physical state will be at the time. And Brad Nelson is getting closer to making it up to the majors. PRobably another year away. I just wanted to throw up a 9 man lineup full of guys that came through our system. Thought it would be interesting. It was just a thought. Plus I am getting sick of watching this year's Brewers. Am looking forward to a start of a new season of healthy players. The Packers suck, so not really much else to do.

And why should Hardy not learn 3rd? Hall has proven he can play SS every day. It's Hardy that needs to prove he can earn the job back. Hall won't be in the outfield next year. He's already proven he's a defensive asset at SS.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
db1112
From everything I hear, Brad Nelson is not close to the majors at all. Nelson and Dave Krynzel are getting passed on the depth chart on a daily basis.
"The runner goes, Hall juices it into left center field.....THE BREWERS WIN...."

"And there's a drive into left field, this is hit well, and IT'S GONE....RYAN BRAUN...A 2-RUN HOME RUN, THE BREWERS TAKE THE LEAD..."
Quote 0 0
longball12
Depth Chart? Krynzel has fallen out of favor with the organization and Nelson is right up top with our prospects. Drew Anderson got the nod because of his good year. But you have an organization that is in total limbo with it's outfielders for next year.

Clark - Will be on board
Jenkins - Looks more and more like he will stay. But I bet they try to trade him in the off-season.
Mench - I bet he gets traded for prospects.
Nix - Lots of promise but who knows about the turf toe.
Gross - I bet he's back.
Hart - Penned in as a starter next year.
Gwynn - I hope he is in the opening day lineup.

That's 7 outfielders. They will only keep 4, at max 5. But who do you keep?
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
db1112
Clark will be gone.
Hart will be a starter.
Gross should be back.
Gwynn will start in AAA.
The other 2 spots depends what happens over the winter . Mench and Jenkins could both be back but i see only 1 of them coming back and the Brewers picking someone else up.

Brad Nelson was a former top prospect. He is no longer regarded as one of our top prospects. He has been a bust in the eyes of the Brewers.
"The runner goes, Hall juices it into left center field.....THE BREWERS WIN...."

"And there's a drive into left field, this is hit well, and IT'S GONE....RYAN BRAUN...A 2-RUN HOME RUN, THE BREWERS TAKE THE LEAD..."
Quote 0 0
longball12
Quote:
ORIGINAL: db_11

Clark will be gone.
Hart will be a starter.
Gross should be back.
Gwynn will start in AAA.
The other 2 spots depends what happens over the winter . Mench and Jenkins could both be back but i see only 1 of them coming back and the Brewers picking someone else up.

Brad Nelson was a former top prospect. He is no longer regarded as one of our top prospects. He has been a bust in the eyes of the Brewers.

How can he be a bust at 23? He's been asked to play infield and outfield. In 2002 I think he hit around 40 hrs and drove in around 100 runs. Then he got injured, rehabbed and cam eback. His walks were up and his OBP was almost 100 points better than his average giving him an OBP around 360+, which is not bad. Just because his power numbers went down does not make him a bust. If he was a bust, he would not have got promoted to AAA. I know he got demoted back to Huntsville, but then he picked it up again. I think it's tough to label a 23 yr old hitter a bust.

I think Clark may be back. I really do. I would rather have him over Jenks. At least you get a guy with the ability to play all 3 positions and can come off the bench and bunt and doesn't strike out a lot.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
wizzler
gwynn needs to be in AAA to learn how to draw a walk.

Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje