1) Royall-lose the top 2 scorers, Vieth and Roscvovious, but return everyone else from a deep team. Also Murphy provides a good enough presence inside, to me the presence of a solid big man marks the difference between the top half and bottom half of the conference.
2) Necedah-Pretty good ball club all around. But, their greatest advantage is Brett Jump, my pick for POY.
3) Hillsboro-Everybody seems to mention the loss of Thompson and Alexander. They also lose a solid guard in Garrett Zimmerman. But their core from last year was a group of Sophomores with plenty of talent. Altough Bjornsted, Donovan, Zimmerman, and Pisek won't keep the streak of titles going, look for them to return to the top in 10-11.
4) New Lisbon-The Rockets lose the presence of a four year starter in Mitch Vinz and a couple other guards, but Chad Weiss will be enough to lead this team to contend for third with Hillsboro.
5) Bangor-I must admit I'm least familiar with the Cardinals. But I know they do lose very little from a year ago. However, thats not saying a lot considering they were a bottom feeder. If nothing else I think that the experience of Piske, Burkhardt, Langher, etc will do enough to finish 5th.
6) Wonewoc-They will miss Kaus a bit in the scoring department. But I like the quickness of Thompson and the upside of Sullivan inside to stay ahead of the bottom two.
7)Brookwood-I think of all teams from a year ago, the Falcons are affected most by graduation. They will especially miss the presence of Brueggen, Dreier, and Neumann. They also lack the presence of a big man of any kind. Ferries is one of the better ball players in the conference, but he'll get a lot of attention from defenses. Vlasak will also have his moments but will lack consistency.
8) Cashton-Another team that loses a great deal to graduation. I'm probably most assured of this pick, simply because they lack talent as well as that experience. Fernholz, Ripley, and Dickman will have to come to play if they expect to win a conference game this year.
**Check back in late February and you'll realize just how damn smart I really am.