nirvanafan1
Anyone want to take a stab at how the girls regionals are going to look? Seeing as the seeding meetings are later today it'll be worth a shot. Soon as I check out who are in which regional, I'll post my predictions.

And if you want to toss in boys seedings as well, go for it.
I will not apologize for being awesome.
Quote 0 0
nirvanafan1
Predicting the girls first:
D4 West Salem Regional
Wisconsin Rapids Assumption should be a lock for the #1 seed and a first round bye.
New Lisbon and Cashton should be able to get the #2 and #3 seeds respectively without any argument.
Royall and Port Edwards will probably take the 4/5 spots, but that will all depend on where they finish in conference standings for each team. Last I heard, PE had 4 losses in their conference.
Granton will take the #6 and Loyal should take the #7.

Based on that, we should see at least NL and Cashton with home games right off the bat, with Royall travelling. Royall or PE should be able to give Assumption a run for their money in the second round, because a first round bye isn't necessarily a good thing. NL and Cashton should be able to move on to their third meeting of the season, in what should be a great game there. That being said, the regional final should be between Assumption and NL/Cashton.

D4 Richland Center Regional
Hillsboro should be able to get a home game right away with either a 3 or 4 seed. I would guess that Wonewoc will either get the 7 or 8 seed. I could be way off on that one though.

D3 Holmen Regional
Bangor also should be able to get a home game right away with no less than a 4 seed.

D3 Adams-Friendship Regional
Necedah will probably take the 8 spot, but like someone else said earlier, Brookwood might actually have an argument for a home game, which would mean at least a 4 seed for them.

The regionals should be posted either tonight, or early tomorrow.

I will not apologize for being awesome.
Quote 0 0
coach k_old
from what i saw

necedah got the 7 brookwood got the 6, sbc got shafted again as brookwood one of 3-3 win teams and they lost out o n the 4-5 game. but should be interesting as 4 win pardeville plays 3 win brookwood in a 3-6 game, then the other D3 regional has bangor as a 7 seed. that is messed up.

D4 new lisbon got a 2 seed. cashton got the 4 seed and will host royall. and i forgot to look at hillsboro/WC regional.
Quote 0 0
thegreat1
NirvanaFan#1 wrote:


Predicting the girls first:
D4 West Salem Regional
Wisconsin Rapids Assumption should be a lock for the #1 seed and a first round bye.
New Lisbon and Cashton should be able to get the #2 and #3 seeds respectively without any argument.
Royall and Port Edwards will probably take the 4/5 spots, but that will all depend on where they finish in conference standings for each team. Last I heard, PE had 4 losses in their conference.
Granton will take the #6 and Loyal should take the #7.

Based on that, we should see at least NL and Cashton with home games right off the bat, with Royall travelling. Royall or PE should be able to give Assumption a run for their money in the second round, because a first round bye isn't necessarily a good thing. NL and Cashton should be able to move on to their third meeting of the season, in what should be a great game there. That being said, the regional final should be between Assumption and NL/Cashton.

D4 Richland Center Regional
Hillsboro should be able to get a home game right away with either a 3 or 4 seed. I would guess that Wonewoc will either get the 7 or 8 seed. I could be way off on that one though.

D3 Holmen Regional
Bangor also should be able to get a home game right away with no less than a 4 seed.

D3 Adams-Friendship Regional
Necedah will probably take the 8 spot, but like someone else said earlier, Brookwood might actually have an argument for a home game, which would mean at least a 4 seed for them.

The regionals should be posted either tonight, or early tomorrow.


From what I heard Bangor is not going to get a home game in the playoffs, so hopefully they can just get a favorable match-up in the first round.

Quote 0 0
nirvanafan1
Needless to say I was off by a bit. But at least I got two of the seedings correct. I understand that there was some bs goin on at the regional meeting involving NL, Royall and Cashton. Should be an interesting matchup between Royall/Cashton and Assumption. Assuming that NL and Port win, that should be one interesting matchup as well.
I will not apologize for being awesome.
Quote 0 0
thegreat1
That sounds like the worst regional in state history!

Also I was shocked to see how much of a downhill slide Brookwood went on this year after being fairly competitive the last 2 years.

Quote 0 0
coach k_old
it had to do with the fact last years 5 seniors didnt want to come out of the game too much so this years squad had relativly little expeirence, mainly on the offesnive end. coach bauman was impressed and happy with the effort as they were really only blown out in 6 games. brookwood has great promice over the next 5 or 6 years with the talent that is coming up

as for the regional i would agree with it be the worst in state, maybe even history lol.
Quote 0 0
coach k_old
coach k wrote:


from what i saw

necedah got the 7 brookwood got the 6, sbc got shafted again as brookwood one of 3-3 win teams and they lost out o n the 4-5 game. but should be interesting as 4 win pardeville plays 3 win brookwood in a 3-6 game, then the other D3 regional has bangor as a 7 seed. that is messed up.

D4 new lisbon got a 2 seed. cashton got the 4 seed and will host royall. and i forgot to look at hillsboro/WC regional.



i want to clarify that i feel the brookwood girls got a deserving seed at 6 seeming they only had 3 wins, i was trying to make the point that our conferenc still gets no respect as the 4 and 5 seeds also only had 3 wins. either way this regional is horrid but best of luck to all SBC girls teams in playoff action.
Quote 0 0
Chachi D_old
coach k wrote:


it had to do with the fact last years 5 seniors didnt want to come out of the game too much so this years squad had relativly little expeirence, mainly on the offesnive end. coach bauman was impressed and happy with the effort as they were really only blown out in 6 games. brookwood has great promice over the next 5 or 6 years with the talent that is coming up

as for the regional i would agree with it be the worst in state, maybe even history lol.


I'm just so thrilled they teach spelling so well at UW-L.
But seriously, how can you even take that seeding meeting seriously as a coach?
Well sir, while I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Every thing is funner with a runner!

Cross Country. The 3 miles are easy, but the .1 really hurts!

Quote 0 0
coach k_old
Chachi D wrote:


coach k wrote:


it had to do with the fact last years 5 seniors didnt want to come out of the game too much so this years squad had relativly little expeirence, mainly on the offesnive end. coach bauman was impressed and happy with the effort as they were really only blown out in 6 games. brookwood has great promice over the next 5 or 6 years with the talent that is coming up

as for the regional i would agree with it be the worst in state, maybe even history lol.


I'm just so thrilled they teach spelling so well at UW-L.
But seriously, how can you even take that seeding meeting seriously as a coach?


lol i never could spell
and i was kinda wondering the same thing
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje