wis.gator_old
MILWAUKEE -- Hollywood is back in Milwaukee.Filming started on the city's East Side Monday morning for a new feature film but will also head to the old Pabst Brewery over the next month.

The lights and cameras are moved into place and so are the stars on Brady Street. Academy Award nominee David Strathairn -- who played Edward R. Murrow in ?Good Night and Good Luck? -- stars in "No God, No Master," which is being filmed entirely in Milwaukee.

Producer Duane Journey said Milwaukee was their first choice for shooting the movie.

"It's a little easier to shoot than downtown New York,? Journey said. ?It has a nice feel. (The) buildings and look are pretty. We can kind of make them look like the time period, which is 1920."

Eighteen-year-old Eddie Hovorka will enter the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee this fall with his first movie role under his belt. He'll drive grandpa's 1923 Model T along with his 16-year-old brother Joe.


[link=http://www.wisn.com/entertainment/20122128/detail.html]link[/link]
PSN: wisgator
Quote 0 0
pinetar
as much as I love the old school movies (mostly gangster) I think hollywood is just telling us that Wisconsin is out of date
Quote 0 0
MWarrior2008_old
Pinetar wrote:


as much as I love the old school movies (mostly gangster) I think hollywood is just telling us that Wisconsin is out of date


Sorry Pinetar but I disagree. I think Hollywood is using Milwaukee because of the rich history. If you look at the museum in Milwaukee it shows all the streets of Old Milwaukee. If they can recreate that, they can make a good old school movie. Milwaukee has a lot of history and with Hollywood making movies here, it only helps Milwaukee make money and could possibly bring in more tourism if these movies are successful and generate money at the theaters. So whether it's and old school movie or a new school movie, I don't care because it's putting us on the map and generating good money for the city.
Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter

You can't keep a good man down

You got haters? Good. It means you stood up for something -Eminem
Quote 0 0
jimmyq1
MWarrior2008 wrote:


Pinetar wrote:


as much as I love the old school movies (mostly gangster) I think hollywood is just telling us that Wisconsin is out of date


Sorry Pinetar but I disagree. I think Hollywood is using Milwaukee because of the rich history. If you look at the museum in Milwaukee it shows all the streets of Old Milwaukee. If they can recreate that, they can make a good old school movie. Milwaukee has a lot of history and with Hollywood making movies here, it only helps Milwaukee make money and could possibly bring in more tourism if these movies are successful and generate money at the theaters. So whether it's and old school movie or a new school movie, I don't care because it's putting us on the map and generating good money for the city.


I see what you did here...you're trying to go against the grain!

Quote 0 0
memhoops714
I walked through the old Pabst brewery not that long ago and holy hell that place is like a time machine.

Definitely fits the bill
D-1 State Champs 2005, 2009 & 2011
D-1 State Runner-Up 2004, 2006, 2008 & 2010
Big8 Champs 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011

Lights Out!!!!
Quote 0 0
MWarrior2008_old
JimmyQ wrote:


MWarrior2008 wrote:


Pinetar wrote:


as much as I love the old school movies (mostly gangster) I think hollywood is just telling us that Wisconsin is out of date


Sorry Pinetar but I disagree. I think Hollywood is using Milwaukee because of the rich history. If you look at the museum in Milwaukee it shows all the streets of Old Milwaukee. If they can recreate that, they can make a good old school movie. Milwaukee has a lot of history and with Hollywood making movies here, it only helps Milwaukee make money and could possibly bring in more tourism if these movies are successful and generate money at the theaters. So whether it's and old school movie or a new school movie, I don't care because it's putting us on the map and generating good money for the city.


I see what you did here...you're trying to go against the grain!


Actually, I had a different perspective and tried to propose a positive explanation as to why we have another movie being shot in Milwaukee. If you consider that against the grain then I guess you were right. But at least I peacefully disagreed.
Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter

You can't keep a good man down

You got haters? Good. It means you stood up for something -Eminem
Quote 0 0
pinetar
Memhoops714 wrote:


I walked through the old Pabst brewery not that long ago and holy hell that place is like a time machine.

Definitely fits the bill


as much as I love putting down a good ole PBR after I'm already half in the bag...I'd say that the beer tastes like its from the old days
Quote 0 0
diener34
PBR is the best beer in the world, hands down.
Quote 0 0
kilncannon_old
diener34 wrote:


PBR is the best beer in the world, hands down.


Me and Walt Kowalski completely agree
Quote 0 0
whistleblower1
I cut my teeth on PBR! It was the only beer my grandpa drank.
Without officials, it would just be recess!
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje