MBC2K4_old
Mine would be

PG- Kevin Johnson
SG- Mitch Richmond
SF- Dominique Wilkens
PF- Chris Webber
C- Alonzo Mourning
CURRENT RING COUNT
MBC2K4: 0
LeBron James: 0

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!!!
Quote 0 0
wizzler
Mourning? Weber? Too soon, Too big of names.

Quote 0 0
gotspine52
Wizzler wrote:


Mourning? Weber? Too soon, Too big of names.


What do you mean too soon?
2009 Woodland Football Playoff Pick em Champion!
Quote 0 0
czech4life
MBC2K4 wrote:


Mine would be

PG- Kevin Johnson
SG- Mitch Richmond
SF- Dominique Wilkens
PF- Chris Webber
C- Alonzo Mourning


I thought you said underrated not underachiever

(Talking about Tim Tebow) "If I would compare him to an active player, I would see him as a less agile, stronger Reggie Bush."
-The Big One
Quote 0 0
darenml10_old
PG- Jerry West
SG- Pete Maravich
SF-Dominique Wilkins
PF-Bob Pettit
C-Bob McAdoo
Quote 0 0
madcityspecial42
darenml10 wrote:


PG- Jerry West
SG- Pete Maravich
SF-Dominique Wilkins
PF-Bob Pettit
C-Bob McAdoo


Im not sure who underrates those players above, as they are on almost everybody's top 50 list.

PG- KJ
SG- chris mullin
SF- Alex English
PF- Daryl Dawkins
C- Robert Parrish



Quote 0 0
pistol pete_old
Dominique Wilkins was never underrated. He was known as the human highlight reel and was always hyped. Also because he played for the Hawks and TBS was based out of Atlanta.
I always thought Mark Jackson, Kenny Anderson, Tom Chambers and Andrew Toney were underrated.
Quote 0 0
harvardonthehill30
Career Playoff Averages:

Player 1: 29 PPG 7 RPG 6 APG

Player 2: 25 PPG 7 RPG 3 APG

Player 3: 25 PPG 5 RPG 5 APG

Who would you say those 3 players are? Would it suprise you to know that Player 1 is rarely looked at as a Top 50 player all time, player 2 is looked at as a borderline top 50 player of all-time, but player 3 is looked at as a top 10 player of all-time?

Player 1 = Tracy McGrady

Player 2 = Dominique Wilkins

Player 3 = Kobe

My point is not that T-Mac or Nique are better than Kobe, but simply that saying that because you average 25 and 6 over your career it means you are underrated. If Nique is underrated, then T-Mac and Vince Carter certainly have to be considered underrated by you as well, because they are very similar statistically. Dominique was a really good player, but I wouldn't say he's underrated.
Quote 0 0
MBC2K4_old
pistol pete wrote:


Dominique Wilkins was never underrated. He was known as the human highlight reel and was always hyped. Also because he played for the Hawks and TBS was based out of Atlanta.
I always thought Mark Jackson, Kenny Anderson, Tom Chambers and Andrew Toney were underrated.


Dude averaged like 25 PPG and over 6 RPG for his career & was on the downside when the All-Time 50 Greatest Players thing came out... and he wasn't on it. Shaq made it having only played like 3 or 4 years in the league. Considering from an all-time basis that the SF position is a lot weaker than the C position and he got shafted like that and Shaq got on... yeah, I consider that being underrated.
CURRENT RING COUNT
MBC2K4: 0
LeBron James: 0

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!!!
Quote 0 0
lefty6_old

Just a few names off the top of my head from the last 15 years or so

Mark Jackson
Jeff Hornacek
Detlef Schrempf
Dennis Rodman
Chris Mullin
Malik Sealy
Rod Strickland
Arvydas Sabonis (when rarely healthy)




Quote 0 0
wizzler
GotSpine52 wrote:


Wizzler wrote:


Mourning? Weber? Too soon, Too big of names.


What do you mean too soon?


Well, I think being forgotten when you shouldn't have been forgotten is a big part of being an all time underrated player. Has anyone forgotten about them yet? If we have a similar conversation in 10 years, like best C of the 1990's; and we got 5-6 names deep, a laugher about Luc Longley being #2 on the list and then Mourning finally gets mentioned, we may have any argument for underrated. Was Mourning the best center in the 1990's? No, he wasn't but he sits near the top(for me anyways) and that is a realisitic placement.

Quote 0 0
madcityspecial42
lefty6 wrote:


Just a few names off the top of my head from the last 15 years or so

Mark Jackson
Jeff Hornacek
Detlef Schrempf
Dennis Rodman
Chris Mullin
Malik Sealy
Rod Strickland
Arvydas Sabonis (when rarely healthy)


yes for hornacek and Jackson!



Quote 0 0
memorialbball
Some of the players from my time would be:
Manu Ginobili
Chris Bosh
Rashard Lewis
Andre Igudola

Memorial Basketball: 2011 State Champions
Quote 0 0
lefty6_old
Sean Elliot seemed to fly under the radar and had a number of solid seasons with the Spurs after starring at Arizona.
Quote 0 0
madcityspecial42
How about Robert Horry? i mean the guy has seven rings but doesnt get talked about very much unless he hits a game winner. Also Derek Fischer, but now hes Overrated as being the underrated player, if that makes sense.



Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje