mickjagger
2019 Girls Hoops Playoffs Brackets & Seedings

Divisions 1 thru 5


https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/993209
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
db11
mickjagger wrote:

State Qualifiers: 

Division 1 -- Bay Port, Kimberly, Middleton, Mukwonago 

Division 2 -- Beaver Dam, Hortonville, Monroe, Whitefish Bay

Division 3 -- Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau, Freedom, Laconia, Marshall

Division 4 -- Aquinas, Colby, Melrose-Mindoro, Milwaukee Academy of Science

Division 5 -- Black Hawk, Clayton, Fall River, Newman Catholic



Pretty much every division has an overwhelming favorite, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

D4 is of much intrigue. It'll be really interesting to see how the seeding falls there. Colby's undefeated but plays a lot of D5s and doesn't have the non-con strength of the others. The rest of the field has that pedigree.

I'm guessing Aquinas vs. Colby and Melrose-Mindoro vs. MAS...that latter matchup is very intriguing.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
db11
Looks like the D1 seeds are out:

D1 Girls BB seeds:

1. Mukwonago
2. Bay Port
3. Kimberly
4. Middleton

Middleton vs. Mukwonago - Friday - 6:35 PM

Bay Port vs. Kimberly - 8:15 PM
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
nyybball
D3 Girls State BB Seeds:

1. Marshall
2. Lacoina
3. Freedom
4. G-E-T

G-E-T vs. Marshall - Thursday - 1:35 PM
Freedom vs. Laconia - Thursday - 3:15 PM
Quote 0 0
db11
D2:

1. Beaver Dam
2. Whitefish Bay
3. Monroe
4. Hortonville

Beaver Dam vs. Hortonville - Friday - 1:35 PM
Whitefish Bay vs. Monroe - 3:15 PM
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
nyybball
D4 Girls State BB Seeds:

1. La Crosse Aquinas
2. Melrose-Mindoro
3. Colby
4. Milwaukee Academy of Science

Milwaukee Academy of Science vs. La Crosse Aquinas - Thursday - 6:35 PM
Colby vs. Melrose-Mindoro - Thursday - 8:15 PM
Quote 0 0
db11
D5:

1. Black Hawk
2. Clayton
3. Newman Catholic
4. Fall River

Black Hawk vs. Fall River - Friday - 9:05 AM
Clayton vs. Newman Catholic - 10:45 AM
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
db11
nyybball wrote:
D4 Girls State BB Seeds:

1. La Crosse Aquinas
2. Melrose-Mindoro
3. Colby
4. Milwaukee Academy of Science

Milwaukee Academy of Science vs. La Crosse Aquinas - Thursday - 6:35 PM
Colby vs. Melrose-Mindoro - Thursday - 8:15 PM


This surprises me a bit. Guess it's hard to argue against 0 losses when you have several though.

Sets up a heckuva Thursday evening session opener.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
mickjagger

2019 Girls State Basketball Championships
March 7-8-9 - Resch Center, Green Bay

Thursday, March 7:

  • Division 3
    • #1 Marshall vs. #4 G-E-T at 1:35 p.m. 
    • #2 Laconia vs. #3 Freedom at 3:15 p.m. 
  • Division 4
    • #1 Aquinas vs. #4 Milwaukee Academy of Science at 6:35 p.m. 
    • #2 Melrose-Mindoro vs. #3 Colby at 8:15 p.m. 

Friday, March 8:

  • Division 5 Semifinals 
    • #1 Black Hawk vs. #4 Fall River at 9:05 a.m. 
    • #2 Clayton vs. #3 Newman Catholic at 10:35 a.m. 
  • Division 2 Semifinals 
    • #1 Beaver Dam vs. #4 Hortonville at 1:35 p.m. 
    • #2 Whitefish Bay vs. #3 Monroe at 3:15 p.m. 
  • Division 1 Semifinals 
    • #1 Mukwonago vs.  #4 Middleton at 6:35 p.m. 
    • #2 Bay Port vs. #3 Kimberly at 8:15 p.m. 

Saturday, March 9:

  • 3-Point Challenge - 9:30 a.m.
  • Division 5 State Championship at 11:05 a.m.
  • Division 4 State Championship at 12:45 p.m.
  • Division 3 State Championship at 2:30 p.m. 
  • Division 2 State Championship at 6:35 p.m. 
  • Division 1 State Championship at 8:15 p.m. 

Where can I find coverage of the tournament? 
TV - The State Tournament will be televised live on WKOW-TV in Madison, WAOW-TV in Wausau, WXOW-TV in La Crosse, WQOW-TV in Eau Claire, WYOW-TV in Eagle River, WMOW-TV in Crandon, WMLW-TV in Milwaukee, KBJR-MY9 in Duluth/Superior and WCWF W-14 in Green Bay and the Fox Valley. The Wisconsin Division of Quincy Media, Inc., will produce the coverage. The championships will also be streamed on the statewide network station websites. Also, download the Magic of March app for live streaming video, scores, highlights and more about the WIAA State basketball tournaments. Live coverage of the tournaments on iOS or Android phones and tablets are also available on the app.

WKOW will be streaming the games live on their website:  wkowtv.com 

In addition, post-game media conferences will be shown live on the WIAA.tv portal of the NFHS Network immediately following each game.

Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
buzzerbeater2
I think Divisions 2 and 4 are all but over.
Mike McCarthy is challenging the ruling on the field that he has 3 timeouts remaining.
Charter member of the WSN 1000-post Culb.

* - Banned for life from any WSN "Hall of Fame."

Quote 0 0
Joe Dokes
If you are thinking Aquinas has D4 locked up I think you may be mistaken. Academy of Science is good and they play all large school tough teams. Melrose is going to beat Colby by a ton. They will enter the championship game better rested and very motivated.
Quote 0 0
db11
Joe Dokes wrote:
If you are thinking Aquinas has D4 locked up I think you may be mistaken. Academy of Science is good and they play all large school tough teams. Melrose is going to beat Colby by a ton. They will enter the championship game better rested and very motivated.


MAS is as deep as they've ever been, but still aren't very deep past Williams and the two freshmen. Aquinas has also played high-level competition throughout the year. Williams will gets hers but I think it comes down to whether or not MAS is scoring with volume or efficiency...if it's the latter then they have a shot. If Williams is scoring via Iverson-style shooting numbers then I don't like their chances.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
mickjagger wrote:

2019 Girls State Basketball Championships
March 7-8-9 - Resch Center, Green Bay

Thursday, March 7:

  • Division 3
    • #1 Marshall vs. #4 G-E-T at 1:35 p.m. 
    • #2 Laconia vs. #3 Freedom at 3:15 p.m. 
  • Division 4
    • #1 Aquinas vs. #4 Milwaukee Academy of Science at 6:35 p.m. 
    • #2 Melrose-Mindoro vs. #3 Colby at 8:15 p.m. 

Friday, March 8:

  • Division 5 Semifinals 
    • #1 Black Hawk vs. #4 Fall River at 9:05 a.m. 
    • #2 Clayton vs. #3 Newman Catholic at 10:35 a.m. 
  • Division 2 Semifinals 
    • #1 Beaver Dam vs. #4 Hortonville at 1:35 p.m. 
    • #2 Whitefish Bay vs. #3 Monroe at 3:15 p.m. 
  • Division 1 Semifinals 
    • #1 Mukwonago vs.  #4 Middleton at 6:35 p.m. 
    • #2 Bay Port vs. #3 Kimberly at 8:15 p.m. 

Saturday, March 9:

  • 3-Point Challenge - 9:30 a.m.
  • Division 5 State Championship at 11:05 a.m.
  • Division 4 State Championship at 12:45 p.m.
  • Division 3 State Championship at 2:30 p.m. 
  • Division 2 State Championship at 6:35 p.m. 
  • Division 1 State Championship at 8:15 p.m. 

Where can I find coverage of the tournament? 
TV - The State Tournament will be televised live on WKOW-TV in Madison, WAOW-TV in Wausau, WXOW-TV in La Crosse, WQOW-TV in Eau Claire, WYOW-TV in Eagle River, WMOW-TV in Crandon, WMLW-TV in Milwaukee, KBJR-MY9 in Duluth/Superior and WCWF W-14 in Green Bay and the Fox Valley. The Wisconsin Division of Quincy Media, Inc., will produce the coverage. The championships will also be streamed on the statewide network station websites. Also, download the Magic of March app for live streaming video, scores, highlights and more about the WIAA State basketball tournaments. Live coverage of the tournaments on iOS or Android phones and tablets are also available on the app.

WKOW will be streaming the games live on their website:  wkowtv.com 

In addition, post-game media conferences will be shown live on the WIAA.tv portal of the NFHS Network immediately following each game.

Post the semi-final scores when you get 'em ... 
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
db11
Over/under on how many times Ceraya Morel's name is botched by the TV crew or the PA announcer?
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
db11
D3 Semifinal:

Marshall 28
Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau 23

Halftime

Everytime Marshall jumps out to a lead, G-E-T has reeled them back in.

Interestingly enough, it's been Marshall's supporting cast carrying the offensive load, particularly senior Ceraya Morel, who has 13 points.

Lexi Wagner leads G-E-T with 9, but on 4-15 shooting.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje