db11 Show full post »
icons
innercityivan wrote:
The US Men basketball team have chartered a cruise ship as their own "olympic village" to make sure they stay away from the crime.



Prima donna's
Quote 0 0
db11
So, as it turns out, while Zika is a problem in Brazil, the most troublesome areas are hundreds of miles from Rio, and the chances of contracting it in Rio are very slim. The citizens of Rio consider it a non-issue. Athletes are saying they haven't seen much in the way of 'skeeters.

Now contrast that to what the American media told you for months. Yep, no agenda there.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
thecrackerjack
db11 wrote:
Swimming tonight was crazy. WRs were set in all four medal events. Katie Ledecky won the 400m freestyle by more than five seconds! The U.S. men swam a spectacular 4x100m freestyle relay to reclaim gold and give Phelps his 19th trip to the top of the podium.

The U.S. women's gymnastics team finished the qualifying round nearly 10 points ahead of the next closest country. They had the top three qualifiers in the all-around, though only two can go through to the final. And they have the top qualifier on every single apparatus. Crazy good so far!

In tennis, there were a few upsets, as three-time gold medalists in doubles, the Williams sisters crashed out against a Czech team. Top-seeded Novak Djokovic also lost to Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro.


That is just insane. She crushed her own WR time by more than 1 second! As I watched her continue to pull away from the WR pace line on my TV, my jaw dropped.
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent 
Quote 0 0
innercityivan
thecrackerjack wrote:
db11 wrote:
Swimming tonight was crazy. WRs were set in all four medal events. Katie Ledecky won the 400m freestyle by more than five seconds! The U.S. men swam a spectacular 4x100m freestyle relay to reclaim gold and give Phelps his 19th trip to the top of the podium.

The U.S. women's gymnastics team finished the qualifying round nearly 10 points ahead of the next closest country. They had the top three qualifiers in the all-around, though only two can go through to the final. And they have the top qualifier on every single apparatus. Crazy good so far!

In tennis, there were a few upsets, as three-time gold medalists in doubles, the Williams sisters crashed out against a Czech team. Top-seeded Novak Djokovic also lost to Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro.


That is just insane. She crushed her own WR time by more than 1 second! As I watched her continue to pull away from the WR pace line on my TV, my jaw dropped.


will be crazy what she will do over the next two olympics
Quote 0 0
dawgstyle
icons wrote:
dawgstyle wrote:
icons wrote:
innercityivan wrote:
The US Men basketball team have chartered a cruise ship as their own "olympic village" to make sure they stay away from the crime.



Prima donna's


Really? Because people with means shouldn't be allowed to live the quality of life they are used to?

When you go to a campground, do you call out the people in $60,000 travel trailers because you have to sleep in a $40 tent?


Yes? But yeah, that is a spot on comparison. Care to try again at missing the point entirely?


Why don't you enlighten me as to what your point was. I mean with all the information and context you provided, it was obviously very clear to everyone.
@2GuysFromWI

Harbaugh will have Urban Meyer retired from OSU by 2020.
Quote 0 0
db11
Swimming tonight was crazy. WRs were set in all individual medal events. Katie Ledecky won the 400m freestyle by more than five seconds! The U.S. men swam a spectacular 4x100m freestyle relay to reclaim gold and give Phelps his 19th trip to the top of the podium.

The U.S. women's gymnastics team finished the qualifying round nearly 10 points ahead of the next closest country. They had the top three qualifiers in the all-around, though only two can go through to the final. And they have the top qualifier on every single apparatus. Crazy good so far!

In tennis, there were a few upsets, as three-time gold medalists in doubles, the Williams sisters crashed out against a Czech team. Top-seeded Novak Djokovic also lost to Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
db11
thecrackerjack wrote:
db11 wrote:
Swimming tonight was crazy. WRs were set in all four medal events. Katie Ledecky won the 400m freestyle by more than five seconds! The U.S. men swam a spectacular 4x100m freestyle relay to reclaim gold and give Phelps his 19th trip to the top of the podium.

The U.S. women's gymnastics team finished the qualifying round nearly 10 points ahead of the next closest country. They had the top three qualifiers in the all-around, though only two can go through to the final. And they have the top qualifier on every single apparatus. Crazy good so far!

In tennis, there were a few upsets, as three-time gold medalists in doubles, the Williams sisters crashed out against a Czech team. Top-seeded Novak Djokovic also lost to Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro.


That is just insane. She crushed her own WR time by more than 1 second! As I watched her continue to pull away from the WR pace line on my TV, my jaw dropped.


She's the biggest example...but Hosszu in the women's 400IM and Peaty in the men's 100m breaststroke also obliterated the field and WR. Records are falling all over again. First time in the post-tech suit era (2009).

Interesting battle shaping up in the women's 100m breaststroke final tonight. For some absurd reason, the CAS cleared world champion Yuliya Efimova to compete just two days ago despite two failed drug tests in the last couple years. American Lilly King is the top qualifier and Lithuanian Ruta Meilutyte is the defending champ...and both have been none-too-shy in their dislike of Efimova's presence.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
dawgstyle
db11 wrote:
thecrackerjack wrote:
db11 wrote:
Swimming tonight was crazy. WRs were set in all four medal events. Katie Ledecky won the 400m freestyle by more than five seconds! The U.S. men swam a spectacular 4x100m freestyle relay to reclaim gold and give Phelps his 19th trip to the top of the podium.

The U.S. women's gymnastics team finished the qualifying round nearly 10 points ahead of the next closest country. They had the top three qualifiers in the all-around, though only two can go through to the final. And they have the top qualifier on every single apparatus. Crazy good so far!

In tennis, there were a few upsets, as three-time gold medalists in doubles, the Williams sisters crashed out against a Czech team. Top-seeded Novak Djokovic also lost to Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro.


That is just insane. She crushed her own WR time by more than 1 second! As I watched her continue to pull away from the WR pace line on my TV, my jaw dropped.


She's the biggest example...but Hosszu in the women's 400IM and Peaty in the men's 100m breaststroke also obliterated the field and WR. Records are falling all over again. First time in the post-tech suit era (2009).

Interesting battle shaping up in the women's 100m breaststroke final tonight. For some absurd reason, the CAS cleared world champion Yuliya Efimova to compete just two days ago despite two failed drug tests in the last couple years. American Lilly King is the top qualifier and Lithuanian Ruta Meilutyte is the defending champ...and both have been none-too-shy in their dislike of Efimova's presence.


I loved that King called her out on national tv. That a girl!!
@2GuysFromWI

Harbaugh will have Urban Meyer retired from OSU by 2020.
Quote 0 0
icons
I can't be the only one (besides every other nation) who would like to see Team USA Men's Basketball get their asses handed to them?
Quote 0 0
diener34
Why?
Quote 0 0
dawgstyle
diener34 wrote:
Why?


Because they are prima donnas. Didn't you see his very in depth and thought provoking post where I missed the point?
@2GuysFromWI

Harbaugh will have Urban Meyer retired from OSU by 2020.
Quote 0 0
icons
dawgstyle wrote:
icons wrote:
innercityivan wrote:
The US Men basketball team have chartered a cruise ship as their own "olympic village" to make sure they stay away from the crime.



Prima donna's


Really? Because people with means shouldn't be allowed to live the quality of life they are used to?

When you go to a campground, do you call out the people in $60,000 travel trailers because you have to sleep in a $40 tent?


Yes? But yeah, that is a spot on comparison. Care to try again at missing the point entirely?
Quote 0 0
db11
dawgstyle wrote:
db11 wrote:
thecrackerjack wrote:
db11 wrote:
Swimming tonight was crazy. WRs were set in all four medal events. Katie Ledecky won the 400m freestyle by more than five seconds! The U.S. men swam a spectacular 4x100m freestyle relay to reclaim gold and give Phelps his 19th trip to the top of the podium.

The U.S. women's gymnastics team finished the qualifying round nearly 10 points ahead of the next closest country. They had the top three qualifiers in the all-around, though only two can go through to the final. And they have the top qualifier on every single apparatus. Crazy good so far!

In tennis, there were a few upsets, as three-time gold medalists in doubles, the Williams sisters crashed out against a Czech team. Top-seeded Novak Djokovic also lost to Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro.


That is just insane. She crushed her own WR time by more than 1 second! As I watched her continue to pull away from the WR pace line on my TV, my jaw dropped.


She's the biggest example...but Hosszu in the women's 400IM and Peaty in the men's 100m breaststroke also obliterated the field and WR. Records are falling all over again. First time in the post-tech suit era (2009).

Interesting battle shaping up in the women's 100m breaststroke final tonight. For some absurd reason, the CAS cleared world champion Yuliya Efimova to compete just two days ago despite two failed drug tests in the last couple years. American Lilly King is the top qualifier and Lithuanian Ruta Meilutyte is the defending champ...and both have been none-too-shy in their dislike of Efimova's presence.


I loved that King called her out on national tv. That a girl!!


And then mic dropped by beating Efimova for gold tonight. American Katie Meili got the bronze.

Ryan Murphy kept the American dominance in the 100 meter backstroke going winning America's sixth straight gold in that event. David Plummer won bronze.

Conor Dwyer took bronze in the 200m free. Kathleen Baker got silver in the 100m backstroke.

Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross dominated a Chinese team to move to 2-0 in beach v'ball.

David Boudia and the phenomenally-named Steele Johnson won silver in 10m synchronized platform diving.

Men's gymnastics finished fifth in the team event.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
db11
wlhssuperjake08 wrote:
I don't appreciate you talking about my future wife in Yulia Efimova, DB.


She has a bit of Dee from It's Always Sunny in her...if you like that look.

The irony of all the guff she gets is that she lives and trains in Southern California, and her first failed test came from a tainted supplement from GNC. The second one was part of the whole meldonium thing that brought down Sharapova and others.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
wlhssuperjake08
I don't appreciate you talking about my future wife in Yulia Efimova, DB.
WSN Hall of Fame 2015 Inductee

https://twitter.com/Wlhssuperjake08
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje