I do have to give Sparta a little credit also. They did make some 3's that were not easy. In watching the game on the live stream - it looked like there were a lot of long rebounds on both ends of the court and those caused a lot of scramble plays. In playoff time, a win counts no matter the score and you move on from that.
At this point in the year, teams are who they are. There is no magic wand that is going to change what they do, so it comes down to what you do best and you go from there. You play to your strengths and hopefully they out weigh your weaknesses. The thing about playoff basketball is it comes down to a few key things:
1. Good starts to each half.
2. Keeping your composure - players and coaches. Don't get caught up in the emotion of the game.
3. Officials letting the game be the attraction - not them. Sometimes, officials want to take center stage and be noticed. The best officials now are those that let the kids play
, the coaches coach, and keep the flow of the game.
4. Foul trouble seems to have more of an impact on teams. Key players gotta stay on the floor.
5. Making free throws in the 4th quarter. When the pressure is on, who can convert from the line.