roadkill1 Show full post »
traviswilson
That was pretty classic
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
ash22themagnificent
The site now looks great.
"For some players, luck itself is an art."

"They say you're a man of vision."

"Welcome to NASCAR. Where the rules are made up and the points don't matter."

"What would you sell your freedom for?"
"Some Knicks tickets."
Quote 0 0
cameroncrazies02
Change always sucks.  But it is extremely difficult to navigate.  For instance, from the topics page, how do I click on the last post so I don't have to scroll through every page or go to the bottom of the first page to click on the last post just to get to it?  It's also very difficult to see.  The coloring could use some freshening as someone said earlier.
Twitter: @TheSpangover

Check out diener and my new website @ http://www.thirddegreewithcc.weebly.com

Newest additions
-top 15 NBA free agents by position. That's 75 reviews of free agents.
-Diener breaks down the Brewers as a franchise
-2013 NBA Draft Combine Day 1 results and review
-State of the Roster-breaking down 3 best and worst NBA rosters
Quote 0 0
traviswilson
cameroncrazies02 wrote:
Change always sucks.  But it is extremely difficult to navigate.  For instance, from the topics page, how do I click on the last post so I don't have to scroll through every page or go to the bottom of the first page to click on the last post just to get to it?  It's also very difficult to see.  The coloring could use some freshening as someone said earlier.
Better? That background was very busy. I can basically put any color as the background, or any custom image.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
coach40
traviswilson wrote:
Better? That background was very busy. I can basically put any color as the background, or any custom image.


IMHO, it is too much white and gray. I struggle reading it actually. I like the format but if the background could be darker maybe. Then again I have cataracts so I may be a bad choice to listen to about this topic.

PS Am I going to get back my mod status? I do not get much in life and that was one thing I loved having! HAHA
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
amped0808
coach40 wrote:


IMHO, it is too much white and gray. I struggle reading it actually. I like the format but if the background could be darker maybe. Then again I have cataracts so I may be a bad choice to listen to about this topic.

PS Am I going to get back my mod status? I do not get much in life and that was one thing I loved having! HAHA


You are a Mod. Just checked.
2013 WSN HOF Inductee, 2014 Derek Lendosky Poster of the Year
Wissports HOF Coordinator
Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior
WLC Men's Tennis Coach
WLC Men's Tennis: 2013-14 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament Champions (13-10)
Twitter
Quote 0 0
traviswilson
coach40 wrote:


IMHO, it is too much white and gray. I struggle reading it actually. I like the format but if the background could be darker maybe. Then again I have cataracts so I may be a bad choice to listen to about this topic.

PS Am I going to get back my mod status? I do not get much in life and that was one thing I loved having! HAHA
I can't change the color of the area behind the text/posts without changing to a completely different theme/layout. I can change the color along the sides, etc. where right now it is gray. I don't want to go too dark though or I think it gets to be too much of a contrast.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
coach40
That should be ok Travis. It just take me some time to get used to it!
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
cameroncrazies02
traviswilson wrote:
Better? That background was very busy. I can basically put any color as the background, or any custom image.


Yes that is better.  What about the main board page where it has the most recent topic on the side?  Or say, you go to the WCB and see the welcome home thread, can you make it easier to advance to the last post?  Or maybe I'm just missing that option?  

Edit: just tried it out, when I click on this thread from the main board page, it takes me to the top of this page.  It's very minor, it was just nice to click on that arrow next to the latest post and it took you all the way down to the last post.  

Also, why was there change to begin with?  Did something happen?  I was worried we were looking at Christmas Massacre (hands up for who remembers!)
Twitter: @TheSpangover

Check out diener and my new website @ http://www.thirddegreewithcc.weebly.com

Newest additions
-top 15 NBA free agents by position. That's 75 reviews of free agents.
-Diener breaks down the Brewers as a franchise
-2013 NBA Draft Combine Day 1 results and review
-State of the Roster-breaking down 3 best and worst NBA rosters
Quote 0 0
traviswilson
cameroncrazies02 wrote:


Yes that is better.  What about the main board page where it has the most recent topic on the side?  Or say, you go to the WCB and see the welcome home thread, can you make it easier to advance to the last post?  Or maybe I'm just missing that option?  

Edit: just tried it out, when I click on this thread from the main board page, it takes me to the top of this page.  It's very minor, it was just nice to click on that arrow next to the latest post and it took you all the way down to the last post.  

Also, why was there change to begin with?  Did something happen?  I was worried we were looking at Christmas Massacre (hands up for who remembers!)
In terms of functionality, there isn't much I can do. That's pretty much standard and pre-set with the software.

We had been toying with the idea for a while of switching to a new message board provider, as the old one (Yet Another Forum) was very out-dated and quite a few back-end/admin things were broken and to fix them would have required switching a whole bunch of stuff and paying a lot more. The message board had been hosted on a completely different server than our regular site, and that server had some security updates come out. We'd held off on them for a while, but our parent's parent company (NBC) made them required. When the updates were done to the server, it broke sign-in functionality to our old message board, and we weren't able to back out those updates. Leaving us in a position where we had no choice but to make a change. Normally if we were going to upgrade to a new software, we'd leave the old message board up, get the new one setup, and then simply flip a switch with very minor, if any, disruptions. We couldn't do that this time since the old one was broken. So, we had to wait for the new provider (Website Toolbox) to set up the data migration, and it took a bit longer than we'd hoped. Once it was completed, we did some testing for a day or so, and launched it as soon as we could. Ultimately it adds back in a lot of functionality we had lost or been broken before, as well as some new functions plus a better and cleaner overall appearance. Sure, there are a few things I wish I could change that I can't, but all in all I think it is an improvement. I just wish we had been able to change things over properly and at our pace without the board being down for an extended time.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
wiscopetty
I don't know how viable it is, but I do miss the "hierarchical" navigation of the old forum, like this:

Basketball/D1 College Basketball/Topic

Being able to click and go back to any level at any time was slick.

A full HTML functionality for posts would be nice as well.
Quote 0 0
traviswilson
wiscopetty wrote:
I don't know how viable it is, but I do miss the "hierarchical" navigation of the old forum, like this:

Basketball/D1 College Basketball/Topic

Being able to click and go back to any level at any time was slick.

A full HTML functionality for posts would be nice as well.
I think what you're looking for is available in the top left with the menu button.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 1 0
voiceofreason
coach40 wrote:
I lost my status of moderator too! Come on Travis! What the heck!


I did too. But that's probably OK. Good to be back, though. 
Proud purveyor of plus-twos to posters purportedly pontificating purposefully.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Multi Multa; Nemo Omnia Novit
Quote 0 0
whistleblower1
voiceofreason wrote:


I did too. But that's probably OK. Good to be back, though. 


As did I. Any chance of getting it back for me too?
Without officials, it would just be recess!
Quote 0 0
coach40
Well, looks like most of us did lose that feature. Maybe Travis gives it back to us. 

What do you say Travis? 

Amped said I had the status but if I go to the Moderators only forum it says I cannot start a post! So who knows!
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje