mickjagger
UW Men's Hockey Head Coach Mike Eaves was retained by the UW Athletic Board, but his contract, which currently runs through 2019, was not extended:

Full Story:
http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/badgers-sports-athletic-board-sends-message-to-mike-eaves-bobbie/article_67da24bc-8c84-593a-ae7a-5c2e7b8799cd.html#utm_source=host.madison&utm_campaign=/email/badgerbeat/&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
hueby
He should of recruited some hard working blue collar U.P. hockey players.
Quote 0 0
db11
Not sure how you can win a National Title....disappear for a few years....finish as runner-up...and then fall off the map. Badger Bob is rolling over in his grave seeing the topsy-turvy nature of the Eaves' tenure.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

"'Allegedly' is right, Mr. Polian. I have a hole in my ear drum, I'd never go for a swim, no matter how drunk me is."
-Pat McAfee
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
Delete requested by author of post
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
db11 wrote:
Not sure how you can win a National Title....disappear for a few years....finish as runner-up...and then fall off the map. Badger Bob is rolling over in his grave seeing the topsy-turvy nature of the Eaves' tenure.

I will always wonder what Badger Men's Hockey fortunes might have been had Bucky hired current Badger Women's coach Mark Johnson instead of Mike Eaves (they were the finalists for the men's job, at the time) Perhaps we'll eventually find out ...
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
hueby
I didn't come up following the Badgers but hope they can turn it around and do well. I dropped in on their USCHO forums at times to see what was going on.

Sounds like they had some locker room/ team chemistry issues if I remember correctly. Maybe some injuries.

In recent years the teams that are proving to be the best in the nation are these "non-historic" power houses. Many are out of the east too.
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
Former Badger defenseman & ass't coach extraordinaire, [h]Mark Osiecki[/h], is being seriously considered to re-join the UW men's hockey program to fill the top assistant role as Mike Eaves attempts to rebuild his coaching staff:

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-mike-eaves-to-speak-to-mark/article_3afbb72d-7b88-5401-9f3d-4fd9a44e5805.html#utm_source=host.madison&utm_campaign=/email/badgerbeat/&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

This is good!
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
hueby
Really reminds us how the people around you (assistant coaches) can make or break your career!
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
mickjagger wrote:
Former Badger defenseman & ass't coach extraordinaire, [h]Mark Osiecki[/h], is being seriously considered to re-join the UW men's hockey program to fill the top assistant role as Mike Eaves attempts to rebuild his coaching staff:

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-mike-eaves-to-speak-to-mark/article_3afbb72d-7b88-5401-9f3d-4fd9a44e5805.html#utm_source=host.madison&utm_campaign=/email/badgerbeat/&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

This is good!

Former Badger [h]Don Granato[/h] who is currently employed by U.S. Developmental Hockey has turned down Mike Eaves' invitation to join the Badgers' coaching staff.

Also, [h]Mark Osieck[/h]i, who was strongly rumored to be re-joining the Badgers' coaching staff once his AHL team was eliminated from the playoffs, is now considered a long-shot to return to Madison. Apparently, UW head coach continued to move forward in the interview process during the time Osiecki was unapproachable and, consequently, now has other candidates in mind.

Full Story:
http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-don-granato-not-a-candidate-for/article_9c292d83-9f8b-5063-8d77-3d788c3bb4ca.html#utm_source=host.madison&utm_campaign=/email/badgerbeat/&utm_medium=email&utm_content=featured_headline
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
wiscopetty
hueby wrote:
Anyone hear of an assistant yet? Last I read on another website he was having trouble finding an assistant.

What's up with that? []

I saw they hired Luke Strand as assistant head coach.

Official release
Quote 0 0
hueby
wiscopetty wrote:
hueby wrote:
Anyone hear of an assistant yet? Last I read on another website he was having trouble finding an assistant.

What's up with that? []

I saw they hired Luke Strand as assistant head coach.

Official release


Thanks wiscopetty. Very well known coach around here. Hope he does well!
Quote 0 0
hueby
Anyone hear of an assistant yet? Last I read on another website he was having trouble finding an assistant.

What's up with that? []
Quote 0 0
hueby
For those interested, here is the link to the USCHO hockey forum. Lots of discussion on the Badgers threads. At least your fans "care enough to post" unlike where I grew up:

http://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay.php?4-Men-s-Division-I
Quote 0 0
importfromil
So at 6-15-7, 1-10-3 with two of those wins against Arizona State and two others against Alaska and a dearth of high-end talent (read: highly-drafted NHL prospects) on the roster and coming into the system, anyone want to lay odds on whether Eaves gets another season behind the bench for the Badgers?
I'm not saying some things the WIAA does are wrong, ... I'm just saying, "I find it weird."
Quote 0 0
wiscopetty
importfromil wrote:
So at 6-15-7, 1-10-3 with two of those wins against Arizona State and two others against Alaska and a dearth of high-end talent (read: highly-drafted NHL prospects) on the roster and coming into the system, anyone want to lay odds on whether Eaves gets another season behind the bench for the Badgers?

I'd be really surprised.
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje