monkeyman1
http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/NCAA-punishes-UW-River-Falls-for-failing-to-monitor-scholarship-programs-256386521.html
Quote 0 0
dfnewburry
As usual with the Eau Claire based fish wrap for either political or personal reasons the posting never actually gives the name of the offending head football coach but looking elsewhere we find out it was the John O Grady family / staff and not the current football community .








Quote 0 0
formerscribe
dfnewburry wrote:
As usual with the Eau Claire based fish wrap for either political or personal reasons the posting never actually gives the name of the offending head football coach but looking elsewhere we find out it was the John O Grady family / staff and not the current football community .



Ummm, the "source" is WEAU, a television station, and the lead story is from the Associated Press.
Quote 0 0
dfnewburry
formerscribe wrote:
dfnewburry wrote:
As usual with the Eau Claire based fish wrap for either political or personal reasons the posting never actually gives the name of the offending head football coach but looking elsewhere we find out it was the John O Grady family / staff and not the current football community .



Ummm, the "source" is WEAU, a television station, and the lead story is from the Associated Press.


My bad .

EC fish wrap for me encompasses the entire media , but I should have clarified .

Just getting bitter in my advancing years but many in my social network echo the same thoughts about media failing to provide facts and substituting '" Breaking News ".

This forum provides better info without the journalism degrees ... [headbang]








Quote 0 0
macandcheese
NCAA SHOULD LOOK IN OTHER PLACES....0-10 SPEAKS FOR ITSELF....NEED TO FIND BETTER PLAYERS TO GIVE MONEY TO...HEAD COACH PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE GIVING OUT THE FINANCIAL AID...
Quote 0 0
warrior2spartan
macandcheese wrote:
NCAA SHOULD LOOK IN OTHER PLACES....0-10 SPEAKS FOR ITSELF....NEED TO FIND BETTER PLAYERS TO GIVE MONEY TO...HEAD COACH PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE GIVING OUT THE FINANCIAL AID...


The financial aid/money was given to student assistant coaches who still had eligibility or had never used any eligibility and never intended to use it. Probation is essentially the NCAA keeping an eye on UWRF athletics for next year closely along with an audit of there use of financial aid. In laymen's terms, a slap on the wrist.

I do agree that they shouldn't just be focusing on the 0-10 Falcons. UWRF clearly has its problems right now and it stems from the top.

Also wouldn't be surprised one bit if other WIAC schools were doing similar things.
God, Family and the Green Bay Packers
Quote 0 0
traviswilson
Interesting. I went to an NAIA school and was a student assistant coach for the basketball team for a couple years and received work study financial aid for it. Never played and didn't plan to. Interesting that had it been an NCAA school that it would have been a violation. Doesn't seem right.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
tiercel
Finally, a little bit of good news for UWRF and the Falcons as the 2014 season comes to an end. They improve from 0 - 10 to 3 - 7 and, in a near upset, led unbeateh UWW 25 - 21 with 1:02 left in their final game of the 2014 season. Game statistics were dead even for the most part, and in a very positive sign for the future, UWRF outrushed the Warhawks, a feat no WIAC opponent has accomplished in many a moon. Monday the old pressbox comes down in preparation for the Spring start of a renovation of the Ramer Field facility.
Quote 0 0
formerwiacbaseballer
tiercel wrote:
Finally, a little bit of good news for UWRF and the Falcons as the 2014 season comes to an end. They improve from 0 - 10 to 3 - 7 and, in a near upset, led unbeateh UWW 25 - 21 with 1:02 left in their final game of the 2014 season. Game statistics were dead even for the most part, and in a very positive sign for the future, UWRF outrushed the Warhawks, a feat no WIAC opponent has accomplished in many a moon. Monday the old pressbox comes down in preparation for the Spring start of a renovation of the Ramer Field facility.

Actually Oshkosh out-rushed Whitewater earlier this season 164-122....
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Quote 0 0
warrior2spartan
tiercel wrote:
Finally, a little bit of good news for UWRF and the Falcons as the 2014 season comes to an end. They improve from 0 - 10 to 3 - 7 and, in a near upset, led unbeateh UWW 25 - 21 with 1:02 left in their final game of the 2014 season. Game statistics were dead even for the most part, and in a very positive sign for the future, UWRF outrushed the Warhawks, a feat no WIAC opponent has accomplished in many a moon. Monday the old pressbox comes down in preparation for the Spring start of a renovation of the Ramer Field facility.


Great point. Things are starting to look positive for UWRF football. Hopefully this momentum will carry over with student-athletes in the classroom for the rest of fall semester and through the spring semester along with spring football practices and into the 2015 season. UWRF is finally starting to upgrade its athletic facilities and academic buildings, which is long overdue. As an alum, it is nice to finally see some improvements to the campus.
God, Family and the Green Bay Packers
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje