coachw12
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
Quote 0 0
traviswilson
(just their contracts, not them)
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.
10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN
Follow me on Twitter: @travisWSN
Quote 0 0
hornet1188
So the conversation from the thread on parity can be revisited here . Todd Glaser had some success at UWEC, surely is passionate about the school he played for, so what is it going to take to rebuild the Blugold Program. Where did Todd & Staff go wrong? Is there a front-runner?
Quote 0 0
dfnewburry
hornet1188 wrote:
So the conversation from the thread on parity can be revisited here . Todd Glaser had some success at UWEC, surely is passionate about the school he played for, so what is it going to take to rebuild the Blugold Program. Where did Todd & Staff go wrong? Is there a front-runner?


Personally I would give Menomonie native and UW Platteville DC Mike Schmidt an interview .








Quote 0 0
sam20
Glaser didn't have the same type of athletes that Bob Nielson and Todd Hoffner got to work with. Nielson also got a lot of Chippewa Valley studs to stay home, also could pull a handful of guys that could probably have played lower D1 level. Hoffner benefited from that as well. By the time Glaser got the job, that was done, those type of athletes weren't coming to Eau Claire. Have no clue how you get that back, win games I guess. Basically AD Schumacher said in his press conference that its tough to sell the program when your last few years records are 2-8,1-9,0-10. Nobody is buying stock in that and hes right. Sucks for Glaser, been associated with UWEC basically his entire adult life, id be depressed as hell.
Quote 0 0
coachw12
traviswilson wrote:
(just their contracts, not them)



Yes, they are alive and looking for jobs.

http://www.leadertelegram.com/Sports/2015/11/16/Blugolds-football-Glaser-relieved-of-coaching-duties.html
Quote 0 0
coachw12
coachw12 wrote:
traviswilson wrote:
(just their contracts, not them)



Yes, they are alive and looking for jobs.

http://www.leadertelegram.com/Sports/2015/11/16/Blugolds-football-Glaser-relieved-of-coaching-duties.html


So Glazier, the DC Sam Cummings and the OC Matt Kinder are out of work. The rest are part timers and will still have jobs most likely.
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
Todd Glaser probably erred by keeping his horrible Off & Def Coordinators around too long. The last few seasons the defense was simply atrocious ... just pathetic ... couldn't stop the run & couldn't stop the pass. The offense has gradually declined too. Completely ill-conceived. Totally impotent, couldn't run the ball, couldnt pass the ball. If Glaser wanted to keep his job, he should've dumped the coordinatiors a couple years ago.

Once the Blugolds' bell-cow running back, Joel Sweeney, graduated a couple years ago, the program completely bottomed out.

This program became a total embarrassment to all involved ... the school, the students, the city of Eau Claire, the Alumni and the players themselves.

Also, another indication of a program in ruins, was the # of players bailing out on the program after a couple years on the roster ... and I'm not just talking benchwarmers, I'm talking starters in some cases.

So long, Todd ....
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
formerwiacbaseballer
mickjagger wrote:
Todd Glaser probably erred by keeping his horrible Off & Def Coordinators around too long. The last few seasons the defense was simply atrocious ... just pathetic ... couldn't stop the run & couldn't stop the pass. The offense has gradually declined too. Completely ill-conceived. Totally impotent, couldn't run the ball, couldnt pass the ball. If Glaser wanted to keep his job, he should've dumped the coordinatiors a couple years ago.

Once the Blugolds' bell-cow running back, Joel Sweeney, graduated a couple years ago, the program completely bottomed out.

This program became a total embarrassment to all involved ... the school, the students, the city of Eau Claire, the Alumni and the players themselves.

Also, another indication of a program in ruins, was the # of players bailing out on the program after a couple years on the roster ... and I'm not just talking benchwarmers, I'm talking starters in some cases.

So long, Todd ....

I wonder how things would have turned out had UWEC chose to give the job to one of the other finalists in 2006 instead of Glaser.... Lance Leipold who was a finalist seemed to have some success once he got the head job at Whitewater.... []
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Quote 0 0
dfnewburry
Was told last evening from an in the know source that UWEC is calling local prep coaches and asking them for names of coaches they have a favorable opinion of , source also tells me that 1 obstacle to UWEC gaining quality candidates is some possible candidates believe another WIAC job may be coming open .








Quote 0 0
jtownsupporter
formerwiacbaseballer wrote:
mickjagger wrote:
Todd Glaser probably erred by keeping his horrible Off & Def Coordinators around too long. The last few seasons the defense was simply atrocious ... just pathetic ... couldn't stop the run & couldn't stop the pass. The offense has gradually declined too. Completely ill-conceived. Totally impotent, couldn't run the ball, couldnt pass the ball. If Glaser wanted to keep his job, he should've dumped the coordinatiors a couple years ago.

Once the Blugolds' bell-cow running back, Joel Sweeney, graduated a couple years ago, the program completely bottomed out.

This program became a total embarrassment to all involved ... the school, the students, the city of Eau Claire, the Alumni and the players themselves.

Also, another indication of a program in ruins, was the # of players bailing out on the program after a couple years on the roster ... and I'm not just talking benchwarmers, I'm talking starters in some cases.

So long, Todd ....

I wonder how things would have turned out had UWEC chose to give the job to one of the other finalists in 2006 instead of Glaser.... Lance Leipold who was a finalist seemed to have some success once he got the head job at Whitewater.... []

It would have been a few interesting years before he would've left for Whitewater
Against the Grain -- DP Show
Prince Fielder will sign with some team for 7 years $160 mil
Quote 0 0
dfnewburry
New UW-EC... Likeable choice .

http://blugolds.com/sports/fball/2015-16/releases/20160109ihkwc2








Quote 0 0
formerwiacbaseballer
dfnewburry wrote:
New UW-EC... Likeable choice .

http://blugolds.com/sports/fball/2015-16/releases/20160109ihkwc2
Come on.... No way that is accurate!!!!

coachw12's beloved Footballscoop.com had the job going to SIU's Dale Lennon!!! [afro]
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Quote 0 0
dfnewburry
formerwiacbaseballer wrote:
dfnewburry wrote:
New UW-EC... Likeable choice .

http://blugolds.com/sports/fball/2015-16/releases/20160109ihkwc2

Come on.... No way that is accurate!!!!

coachw12's beloved Footballscoop.com had the job going to SIU's Dale Lennon!!! [afro]

Grand Forks Herald reported that Lennon actually turned down the rebuilding project , Larson and Jim Zebrowski were the other two finalists , nice to see UWEC with decent finalists .








Quote 0 0
mickjagger
dfnewburry wrote:
formerwiacbaseballer wrote:
dfnewburry wrote:
New UW-EC... Likeable choice .

http://blugolds.com/sports/fball/2015-16/releases/20160109ihkwc2

Come on.... No way that is accurate!!!!

coachw12's beloved Footballscoop.com had the job going to SIU's Dale Lennon!!! [afro]


Grand Forks Herald reported that Lennon actually turned down the rebuilding project, Larson and [h]Jim Zebrowski[/h] were the other two finalists , nice to see UWEC with decent finalists .
The Jim Zebrowski Resume' :
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/zebrowski_jim00.html

Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0