Camper_old
[image]http://www.wissports.net/playground/app_themes/WSN2/image/mIcons/m8.gif[/image]
Good Luck Jays

Win or Lose, you have the heart of true champions, and we are ever so proud of you!

Thanks to all the other schools who have shown up and shown the Jays support.

Good-luck to the steelers!
Quote 0 0
ispy
go.huskies wrote:


yea,good luck to both conserve and 3lakes.anybody know if they will be on the radio and what station.


I'm almost positive Three Lakes will be broadcast over 93.7 FM.
Today I will be witty, charming and elegant...

Or maybe I'll say umm a lot and trip over things.
Quote 0 0
bsbllbsktbll25_old
Box Score
Marathon.....14 17 22 14 --67
Three Lakes.11 16 8 13 --48

Marathon (67) Kelby Lechleitner 6, Jacob Jansen 3, Cody Hanke 13, Bobby Blume 9, Tyler Hamann 19, Ryan Wokatsch 6, Will Reiche 9, Logan Viegut 1, Nick Blume .

Three Lakes (48) Jake Wales 3, Josh Ingram 15, Garrett Thorn 19, Brady Liebscher 5, Robert Ragaj 3, Tim Dobbins 1, Alex Hegeman 2

Records Marathon 21-3, Three Lakes 21-3
Quote 0 0
bsbllbsktbll25_old
From what I could tell Three Lakes gaurds were very poor....whenever they got the ball into ingram and thorn they caused problems for marathon yet at times marathon would drop the gaurds to double down on the post which seemed very effective
Quote 0 0
bsbllbsktbll25_old
I just wanted to say congratulations to Three Lakes on a great year, and their sportsmanship was also excellent so I just wanted to give all the players and coaches props for that.
Quote 0 0
TinyArch_old
Unfortunately I called it before the season started.

However, congratulations to 3lakes as they went as far as they realistically could go. You have a region championship for the case and yet another Northern Lakes banner. Very good year.
Quote 0 0
Chaz_old
Its good to see that the Internet Troll/AIC/Tiny Arch came out from underneath his bridge! Remember: DNFTT (Do not feed the Troll)
Quote 0 0
TinyArch_old
Chaz wrote:


Its good to see that the Internet Troll/AIC/Tiny Arch came out from underneath his bridge! Remember: DNFTT (Do not feed the Troll)


Wow! Still have a bad taste in your mouth, I see!

I'll take the misguided bitterness, though.

Perhaps WSN just isn't a place for you to be trolling, however.

Someday you'll realize that I simply spoke the truth rather than watch the king parade around without any clothes.

3lakes went as far as they should have gone, which means that everyone on the team played to their abilities. Thorn and Ingram played as well as you could have expected and perhaps even above expectations. I think everyone on the team and in the community should be pleased with where this team got to.

You can hate me for pointing out the areas where this team would struggle, but I was right. I'm quite sure, however, that every player gave it their best effort so no one should feel like they underachieved. It was a good run and each person should feel good about getting to the Sectionals.
Quote 0 0
TinyArch_old
If Garrett Thorn continues to progress as he has (and there is no reason to think he won't continue to get better) he will be a man among boys in the Northern Lakes next year. I could see Thorn playing in the WIAC or even a D2 college after high school depending on his level of commitment. He'll be the heart and soul for 3lakes next year. If the kids around him work their tails off over the offseason, there is no reason that 3lakes doesn't take the Northern Lakes again next year. Once again it will depend on who can come along and have the skills to feed it into the post and who can consistently hit an outside shot once Thorn pops it back outside. There are a number of questions to be answered, but I'm confident that as long as Coach Volkman can run things according to what he see's best, that 3lakes will be right at the top next year.
Quote 0 0
Camper_old
TinyArch wrote:


If Garrett Thorn continues to progress as he has (and there is no reason to think he won't continue to get better) he will be a man among boys in the Northern Lakes next year. I could see Thorn playing in the WIAC or even a D2 college after high school depending on his level of commitment. He'll be the heart and soul for 3lakes next year. If the kids around him work their tails off over the offseason, there is no reason that 3lakes doesn't take the Northern Lakes again next year. Once again it will depend on who can come along and have the skills to feed it into the post and who can consistently hit an outside shot once Thorn pops it back outside. There are a number of questions to be answered, but I'm confident that as long as Coach Volkman can run things according to what he see's best, that 3lakes will be right at the top next year.


I have tried to ignore your comments about the Bluejays for a while, but I think now I have to reply. You stated that Garrett will be the heart and soul of this team next year. If you knew anything about these young men you would know that they have all stepped up and taken leadership roles when it was needed. That is what has made them a TEAM! Every person will add to next years team, that is what makes a TEAM. If you had ever talked to these players or even knew these players you would know that not one of them would claim to be the the heart and soul because they all bring something to the team.

As far as working their tails off in the off season, why would this summer be any different than any other off season. Between the camps, tournaments, and weight training the players barely have time to enjoy the summer. But that is why this team has been successful.

Tiny, you did not once see the team play this year yet you say there are questions to be answered, please enlighten us as to what they are.

As far as, (How will the Bluejays do next year) that is a easy question, the TEAM will do as good as they do!

EVERY PLAYER
EVERY PLAY
GO JAYS

Quote 0 0
TinyArch_old
Camper wrote:


TinyArch wrote:


If Garrett Thorn continues to progress as he has (and there is no reason to think he won't continue to get better) he will be a man among boys in the Northern Lakes next year. I could see Thorn playing in the WIAC or even a D2 college after high school depending on his level of commitment. He'll be the heart and soul for 3lakes next year. If the kids around him work their tails off over the offseason, there is no reason that 3lakes doesn't take the Northern Lakes again next year. Once again it will depend on who can come along and have the skills to feed it into the post and who can consistently hit an outside shot once Thorn pops it back outside. There are a number of questions to be answered, but I'm confident that as long as Coach Volkman can run things according to what he see's best, that 3lakes will be right at the top next year.


I have tried to ignore your comments about the Bluejays for a while, but I think now I have to reply. You stated that Garrett will be the heart and soul of this team next year. If you knew anything about these young men you would know that they have all stepped up and taken leadership roles when it was needed. That is what has made them a TEAM! Every person will add to next years team, that is what makes a TEAM. If you had ever talked to these players or even knew these players you would know that not one of them would claim to be the the heart and soul because they all bring something to the team.

As far as working their tails off in the off season, why would this summer be any different than any other off season. Between the camps, tournaments, and weight training the players barely have time to enjoy the summer. But that is why this team has been successful.

Tiny, you did not once see the team play this year yet you say there are questions to be answered, please enlighten us as to what they are.

As far as, (How will the Bluejays do next year) that is a easy question, the TEAM will do as good as they do!

EVERY PLAYER
EVERY PLAY
GO JAYS


Camper...if Garrett Thorn and his family were to move out and go to another school, would it be harder for 3lakes to be successful next year?
You have tried to put words in my comments that simply aren't there. I never said that Garrett was selfish (in fact he's just the opposite) or that there was no one else on the team that could play baskeball. However, you know full well that Garrett Thorn is an excellent basketball player who has combined hard work with God-given abilities to make himself into a very good basketball player. In that light, he is the heart and soul of 3lakes team next year. If his teammates take his lead, then 3lakes will be in the same position next year at the top of the Northern Lakes conference.
That...is all I said. It amazes me how incredibly sensitive some of you folks are being when I make a comment.
I accept your comments about TEAM as being a general statement that any squad in the Northern Lakes, all Wisconsin...heck the entire nation, would echo. You're not saying anything that isn't true. However, you also aren't acknowledging that some kids simply have more talent, athleticism, and desire than others. Take any skill you want to address...writing skills, math skills, art skills, construction skills, etc... and you can find masters in their craft, while others simply aren't that good. It doesn't take away from TEAM to acknowledge the talents of one person who has skills that are head and shoulders above others. Heck, do you actually think that Barack Obama became President without any help from his TEAM? Of course he didn't. But he is something special compared to the others, which is why he's President.
I'm sorry if I offended you by pointing out that Garret Thorn has worked very hard and has been given athleticism above some others on the team. I won't take that back, however, because Garret Thorn is and will be a premier player in the Northern Lakes conference next year.
Will Garret need his teammates as well...absolutely! Nobody wins on their own in basketball. However, you're kidding yourself if you think that Garrett isn't an important player for 3lakes next year. 3lakes would really be put in a tough spot if he were not playing.
That's all I'm saying. If you want to somehow over analyze that and be offended, then so be it.
Quote 0 0
Camper_old
Tiny, just to clarify I never once criticized Garrett, I have nothing but respect for him as a player but more importantly as a person, so please do not read more into what I wrote than what is there. Enough said, have a great Day!
Quote 0 0
TinyArch_old
I didn't read anything into it. What I read was you trying to emphasize team, but in the process failing to acknowledge that Garrett Thorn will play a premier role for next years 3lakes team. Whether you can accept it or not, he will be the heart and soul of that team...and that's not a bad thing. I couldn't think of a better leader to have for next years team. If the rest of the TEAM follows his lead there is no reason to think that 3lakes won't be up at the top of the conference for 2009-2010.

That is ALL I said...and yet you got upset with that. Why?
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje