longball12
I could have used this before wasting a Netflix film on the following movie.

Men Who Stare At Goats

Wow. I gave it a 1 out of 5 stars. I can't believe this movie was made. The next one to watch is The Box.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
The Cigar_old
i've wanted to see 'the men who stare at goats', we have conflicting opinions on here, anyone want to let me know why it's good or not good?

i watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou last night. all kinds of awesome in that movie, imo. 5/5
a neutron walks into a bar and asks the bartender how much for a drink?
bartender says, for you no charge
Fear the Beer
Quote 0 0
longball12
See I don't care about Jamie Foxx, because I was just focusing on how Butler was doing his thing. I don't know how easy it was to figure out exactly how he was doing it. I knew how it would probably end. But I just liked the movie. But Rodey, I question what you found good in that movie? The Men Who Stare At Goats had nothing going for it.

EDIT - Cigar, there is no plot to the movie. IT is really dumb and they have a bunch of big name actors, they talk about Jeidi's which is actually quite dumb seeing how Ewan McGregeor or however you spell his name (Obi Won Kinobi or however you spell that) is one of the main characters. Honestly, no plot, no excitement, a real sleeper. I think I only laughed once and that was in the first like 2 minutes, then maybe one more time but it felt forced.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
thefreak
Law Abiding Citizen got all the buzz, but the real get revenge for my daughter/wife or both film is 7 Days. Saw it at Sundance this year and is a foreign film that focuses on a surgeon whose daughter is raped and murdered. He tracks down the killer, and tortures him for 7 Days. The film is intense and doesn't even have any music in it (something I didn't realize until the end). Gerard Butler's character was Mother Teresa compared to the dad in 7 Days.
Quote 0 0
The Cigar_old
cool, longball.

one question, for my own purposes, how are you on clooney? for instance, i dig all the ocean's 11 trilogy (i like the original sinatra version as well), i like the style and find the humor in them, so i'm wondering if this movie is one of those clooney-style movies that some people like the joke and some people don't, cause i'd probably be one to like the joke...or does it just blow?
a neutron walks into a bar and asks the bartender how much for a drink?
bartender says, for you no charge
Fear the Beer
Quote 0 0
longball12
The Cigar wrote:


cool, longball.

one question, for my own purposes, how are you on clooney? for instance, i dig all the ocean's 11 trilogy (i like the original sinatra version as well), i like the style and find the humor in them, so i'm wondering if this movie is one of those clooney-style movies that some people like the joke and some people don't, cause i'd probably be one to like the joke...or does it just blow?


If you think you are going to get the Ocean's Clooney you are sadly mistaken. Think of a wacked out Clooney on LSD and that's what you get in this movie. He isn't terrible, but there really is no plot that you can sift through to find. Take it from Netflix users who averaged little over a 2 on it. There are worse movies out there. You can certainly watch it, waste 1 hour and like 26 minutes of your life on it. Some people's opinions differ.

It's no Hurt Locker for war stuff. Watch the trailers and see what you think. Really, the movie is pretty dry to me.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
alandoamazing
longball wrote:


The Cigar wrote:


cool, longball.

one question, for my own purposes, how are you on clooney? for instance, i dig all the ocean's 11 trilogy (i like the original sinatra version as well), i like the style and find the humor in them, so i'm wondering if this movie is one of those clooney-style movies that some people like the joke and some people don't, cause i'd probably be one to like the joke...or does it just blow?


If you think you are going to get the Ocean's Clooney you are sadly mistaken. Think of a wacked out Clooney on LSD and that's what you get in this movie. He isn't terrible, but there really is no plot that you can sift through to find. Take it from Netflix users who averaged little over a 2 on it. There are worse movies out there. You can certainly watch it, waste 1 hour and like 26 minutes of your life on it. Some people's opinions differ.

It's no Hurt Locker for war stuff. Watch the trailers and see what you think. Really, the movie is pretty dry to me.



Didn't you not like Burn After Reading though? Not bashing you or anything, but I just want to know because then I will listen to the opposite of what you say.
A pessimist is always alone. An optimist is always just two people away from a threesome.
Quote 0 0
The Cigar_old
cool. i may get around to seeing it eventually, but i'm not going to be rushing to see it.
a neutron walks into a bar and asks the bartender how much for a drink?
bartender says, for you no charge
Fear the Beer
Quote 0 0
longball12
Alando=Amazing wrote:


Didn't you not like Burn After Reading though? Not bashing you or anything, but I just want to know because then I will listen to the opposite of what you say.


You know the ads on this site popping up and deleting what I type are really getting annoying.

Wow, good memory on that movie. At least there was a plot about nothing to follow in that movie. this movie was stupid and it was titled incorrectly. It should have been titled The Man Who Stared At A Goat, and even that is a push. It could have been titled after whatever the name of their army movement was.

As for Burn After Reading, it was dumb, but had at least some funny parts with Brad Pitt, and some weird parts with Clooney and his machine, and Malkovich was ok. I wouldn't watch it again. I would have given it a 2.75, but not quite a 3. I did not think it was a great movie. If we are comparing those two movies, I would gladly watch Burn After Reading a third time before watching this movie again.

Honestly, someone tell me why this Goats movie is good. Because it is so dumb?
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
LLegend4eva_old
Shutter Island-Honestly 5/5 for me. Loved the symbolism.
Quote 0 0
czech4life
longball wrote:


Alando=Amazing wrote:


Didn't you not like Burn After Reading though? Not bashing you or anything, but I just want to know because then I will listen to the opposite of what you say.


You know the ads on this site popping up and deleting what I type are really getting annoying.

Wow, good memory on that movie. At least there was a plot about nothing to follow in that movie. this movie was stupid and it was titled incorrectly. It should have been titled The Man Who Stared At A Goat, and even that is a push. It could have been titled after whatever the name of their army movement was.

As for Burn After Reading, it was dumb, but had at least some funny parts with Brad Pitt, and some weird parts with Clooney and his machine, and Malkovich was ok. I wouldn't watch it again. I would have given it a 2.75, but not quite a 3. I did not think it was a great movie. If we are comparing those two movies, I would gladly watch Burn After Reading a third time before watching this movie again.

Honestly, someone tell me why this Goats movie is good. Because it is so dumb?


Burn After Reading: 5/5-Two Thumbs Way Up

"Burn After Reading" was awesome and one of my favorite casts of all time. Malkovich is a god. The Coen Brothers can do no wrong, hell I loved "A Serious Man". Honestly, from what I have gathered from talking to people, if you don't like that movie then you take your movie-going experience far too seriously. So what if everything was just a big waste of time in the grand scheme of things, 95% of our lives are that way anyway.
(Talking about Tim Tebow) "If I would compare him to an active player, I would see him as a less agile, stronger Reggie Bush."
-The Big One
Quote 0 0
thefreak
Oh no, not another Burn After Reading discussion.
Quote 0 0
rodey
The Men Who Stare At Goats was a really good, satire comedy in my opinion. It's not a movie that provides non-stop laughs, but the fact that it's actually based on real happenings is what makes all the happenings in the movie incredibly funny. The cast of Clooney, Bridges, Spacey and McGregor is amazing and they all do an excellent job. If you like "Coen-esque" movies, you'll like this one. It has mixed reviews all over, but I loved it.
I may be wrong, but I doubt it "I do have one question: Have you ever seen Gollum, John Clayton and Sam Cassell in the same place before?" - Charles Barkley
Quote 0 0
diener34
Burn after reading and Men who stare at goats were both awesome.
Quote 0 0
longball12
I always thought of myself as a pretty good judge of movies. Perhaps those just aren't my cup of tea I guess. I love any war/cia/fbi kinda movie and some of my favorite comedy movies of all time are Black Sheep, Tommy Boy, Wedding Crashers and movies like that. I guess I just don't see where all the excitement was in the movie. But that's ok. We all have different tastes in movies. But really, I don't see where the humor was in it. None of the characters jumped out as funny. Bridges was always on LSD and it seems it was more of a hippie movie than anything.

I guess when it comes to movies with war themes I prefer stuff like Enemy at the Gates, Bridge Over the River Kwai or real army movies. Also a HUGE fan of The Departed and Shooter, 10 thumbs up to those.

And no its not another Burn After Reading thread. I can be rational about it. I just really didn't care for the movie.
Proud And Loving Father Of An Angel Named Derek - 8/4/13

Twitter - @iamlongball
Quote 0 0
cncsion
JimmyQ wrote:


longball wrote:


I actually gave Law Abiding Citizen a 5/5 because I thought all the work he did was awesome. I also absolutely loved the cell phone thing (won't spoil it). That was great!

2012 I gave a 3. It was ok, as I have been a strong believer that our world is changing for the worse, but the graphics were pretty cheesy in a lot of spots, but the idea was good. So the 3 was pretty much given because it reinforces my belief on the end of the world.

Zombieland is on my queue and I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell has been on since before it came out, yet somehow it says long wait and I get two brand new releases shipped on a Monday before that one. Weird. Netflix is like that though.


TAKE I HOPE THEY SERVE BEER IN HELL OUT OF YOUR QUEUE.

That movie was awful. No, beyond awful. There was so much potential that was completely wasted.

I read the book, but only when i was buzzed/drunk, awesome book.


IG 1/21/08 Miss you mom

Being in sales is tough. Just when you think your day of rejections is over you end up going home to your wife for a couple more rounds.

Follow my twitter account: @AeroJim


Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje