travis12
-- No Personal Attacks or negativity towards any coach, player, fan, town, school, etc. This includes negativity towards players ("he sucks", "she is overrated", "he is dumb as rocks", etc) and rash generalizations about fans or locations ("fans from that town are all stupid", "worst band in the conference", etc)
-- No Profanity. This includes using special characters to spell out swear words, if you have to us a $ or an @ to spell a word it probably means you shouldn't be using it.
-- No Bashing referees in any shape, way or form
-- No racial / sexist / stereotype comments whatsoever
-- Don't post just to post. This includes going into a topic and saying "no one cares about ____"
-- No comments about personal matters. This includes posts about rumors ("I heard they got kicked off the team for ____"). This also includes posts about appearance of people such as "hottest guy in conference", etc.
-- Do not impersonate a player, coach or fan.
-- Respect other people's ability to disagree. Conversely, if you're going to disagree with someone, do it intelligently and respectfully.
-- Respect other people's right to talk about other sports and other levels of sports such as JV/Fresh/Middle School/Youth By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies. We reserve the right to enforce these rules as we see fit.

If these rules are disobeyed: There are several methods we use to remove inappropriate posts and posters. This may include:
# Removal of offensive post(s)
# Deleting member account
# Banning email address from re-registering
# Banning IP address from reading anything on the board
# Remove conference board
# Delete ALL messages on conference board
# Contact the offending member's internet service provider, school officials or teachers
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
faststew
Some people even myself get amped up over officals, unfair schedulings ect. Some ppl dont know who to complain to so maybe some1 will listen ya know and word would get out bout things that just aint rite! We all gota watch it i guess as i had a post erased for slamming a school for cheating and being unsportsman like and realized i was too by slamming the school back and for that im sorry. When i say something it is real, some may be opionion but, usually favoritism would go to me on a poll. I think alota ppl cant handle being called out! As long as we dont swear we should be able to say whatever, its a chat room and what happened to freedom of speech? Too many sensitive hoity toity ppl here but, i enjoy this site and i guess il muzzle myself if i wana continue to participate! Hire ppl who REALLY care and want to be a part. Have 100% love in their heart for what they do! Get proper training of officials and be fair to all teams in all sports. Rules rules rules! For a free country we sure have alot of them!Should have a rated R forum for the intense ppl like me haha.
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
Quote 0 0
paladium
faststew wrote:
Some people even myself get amped up over officals, unfair schedulings ect? Some ppl dont know who to complain to so maybe some1 will listen ya know and word would get out bout things that just aint rite! We all gota watch it i guess as i had a post erased for slamming a school for cheating and being unsportsman like and realized i was to by slamming the school back and for that im sorry! When i say something it is real, some may be opionion but usually favoritism would go to me on a poll! I think alota ppl cant handle being called out! As long as we dont swear we should be able to say whatever its a chat room man and what happened to freedom of speech? To many sensitive hoity toity ppl here but i enjoy this site and i guess il muzzle myself if i wana continue to participate! Last thing if wiaa had ppl who played sports and were intelligent and really cared running things and setting things up there would be alot less trash talk and debate! Hire ppl who REALLY care and want to be a part and have 100% love in there heart for what they do! Get proper training on officials and be fair to all teams in all sports! Rules rules rules! For a free country we sure have alot of them!should have a rated R forum for the intense ppl like me haha? Thanks?


You can say whatever you want you. However, words do have consequences. Freedom of Speech is not the freedom to force other people to provide you a place to speak, the freedom to force other people to listen, or the freedom from how other people react to what you say.

With that, the owners of this forum have laid out some ground rules they wish to be followed. As this is their property, they are free to allow others to use it or to kick people off of it. I highly suggest following the rules that an owner lays out.
The Brewers will finish 90-72 and earn the #1 WC berth.

Carlos Gomez will have a 30/40 season (HR/SB) and win a 2nd Gold Glove en route to an All Star selection.
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
I think the trigger being pulled to lock certain threads is sometimes too quick. The latest example being the lock-up of the "Norway Tragedy" thread.
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
roadkill1
Mick Jagger wrote:
I think the trigger being pulled to lock certain threads is sometimes too quick. The latest example being the lock-up of the "Norway Tragedy" thread.

I think that trigger was pulled at precisely the right time.

Whoever locked it....WELL DONE!!

RK
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
Quote 0 0
paladium
Mick Jagger wrote:
I think the trigger being pulled to lock certain threads is sometimes too quick. The latest example being the lock-up of the "Norway Tragedy" thread.


Any time Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Keith Olberman, Chris Matthews, Moveon.org, Koch Brothers, etc... are brought up in a post that tends to be a good signal that its time to lock it.

Its been tried before on here, and did not end pretty. The owners have no desire to try it again, either. At least, that has been the response the last 15 times I've begged them to let us try again...

Sorry, but just the way it is.
The Brewers will finish 90-72 and earn the #1 WC berth.

Carlos Gomez will have a 30/40 season (HR/SB) and win a 2nd Gold Glove en route to an All Star selection.
Quote 0 0
faststew
faststew wrote:
Some people even myself get amped up over officals, unfair schedulings ect. Some ppl dont know who to complain to so maybe some1 will listen ya know and word would get out bout things that just aint rite! We all gota watch it i guess as i had a post erased for slamming a school for cheating and being unsportsman like and realized i was too by slamming the school back and for that im sorry. When i say something it is real, some may be opionion but, usually favoritism would go to me on a poll. I think alota ppl cant handle being called out! As long as we dont swear we should be able to say whatever, its a chat room and what happened to freedom of speech? Too many sensitive hoity toity ppl here but, i enjoy this site and i guess il muzzle myself if i wana continue to participate! Hire ppl who REALLY care and want to be a part. Have 100% love in their heart for what they do! Get proper training of officials and be fair to all teams in all sports. Rules rules rules! For a free country we sure have alot of them!Should have a rated R forum for the intense ppl like me haha.


I wrote this awhile ago and was uneducated about some things. I was mad i couldnt talk about the public/private school debate. Everyone has the perfect excuse saying "theres no recruiting, kids want to go to school here because our goal balls do the recruiting for us" as said by old coach who i think is Bob Letsch. I know for a fact they have recruited atleast back 6 years ago. I dont want to blow this up, i just think private schools should have different playoffs. Its unfair in D3 and especially in D4 look at Dominican basketball. Their school has under 300 kids and they can compete with anybody in the state. Come on, theres something wrong when a school 1/10 its size wipes the floor with you. I feel where you live is where you go to school, no long bus rides from another city or county. Some kids have gone to these private religious schools and arent even religious. Yes, they want to be a winner but, have them be in a" league of their own come playoff time. My opinion only, and alot others feel same way as i do. Take a poll and see what happens.
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
Quote 0 0
cncsion
Top Notch wrote:
Could I get an explanation as to why my gambling topic was deleted? It's not illegal. Neither is counting cards.


travis personal mission was to not allow gambling/poker talk on the forums because for some reason that "promotes" poker and this is a family site.
IG 1/21/08 Miss you mom

Being in sales is tough. Just when you think your day of rejections is over you end up going home to your wife for a couple more rounds.

Follow my twitter account: @AeroJim


Quote 0 0
travis12
Gambling is not a topic that will be allowed on a high school sports site. Not up for debate.
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
topnotch1
Could I get an explanation as to why my gambling topic was deleted? It's not illegal. Neither is counting cards.
Ricky Rubio will be a Pamela Anderson sized bust.

6/28/2009

Quote 0 0
voiceofreason
CnCsion wrote:
Top Notch wrote:
Could I get an explanation as to why my gambling topic was deleted? It's not illegal. Neither is counting cards.


travis personal mission was to not allow gambling/poker talk on the forums because for some reason that "promotes" poker and this is a family site.


I know some think it's fun to blame the messenger... but (as far as I know), Travis is not the owner of WSN. He is just enforcing the wishes of The Dude.
Proud purveyor of plus-twos to posters purportedly pontificating purposefully.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Multi Multa; Nemo Omnia Novit
Quote 0 0
paladium
voice_of_reason wrote:
CnCsion wrote:
Top Notch wrote:
Could I get an explanation as to why my gambling topic was deleted? It's not illegal. Neither is counting cards.


travis personal mission was to not allow gambling/poker talk on the forums because for some reason that "promotes" poker and this is a family site.


I know some think it's fun to blame the messenger... but (as far as I know), Travis is not the owner of WSN. He is just enforcing the wishes of The Dude.


Does 'The Dude' abide?
The Brewers will finish 90-72 and earn the #1 WC berth.

Carlos Gomez will have a 30/40 season (HR/SB) and win a 2nd Gold Glove en route to an All Star selection.
Quote 0 0
travis12
voice_of_reason wrote:
CnCsion wrote:
Top Notch wrote:
Could I get an explanation as to why my gambling topic was deleted? It's not illegal. Neither is counting cards.


travis personal mission was to not allow gambling/poker talk on the forums because for some reason that "promotes" poker and this is a family site.


I know some think it's fun to blame the messenger... but (as far as I know), Travis is not the owner of WSN. He is just enforcing the wishes of The Dude.

I don't own WSN but as the Content Manager anything that is on our site is my responsibility. I guarantee I don't need to check with anyone else on this decision though, as it would be the same regardless of who you ask.
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
Quote 0 0
voiceofreason
travis wrote:
voice_of_reason wrote:
CnCsion wrote:
Top Notch wrote:
Could I get an explanation as to why my gambling topic was deleted? It's not illegal. Neither is counting cards.


travis personal mission was to not allow gambling/poker talk on the forums because for some reason that "promotes" poker and this is a family site.


I know some think it's fun to blame the messenger... but (as far as I know), Travis is not the owner of WSN. He is just enforcing the wishes of The Dude.

I don't own WSN but as the Content Manager anything that is on our site is my responsibility. I guarantee I don't need to check with anyone else on this decision though, as it would be the same regardless of who you ask.


Didn't mean to imply that. Just was saying "Don't shoot the messenger."

The rules were put in place before you took over CM duties... all you're doing is enforcing what was already there.
Proud purveyor of plus-twos to posters purportedly pontificating purposefully.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Multi Multa; Nemo Omnia Novit
Quote 0 0
cncsion
I believe this was something new that travis imposed to be honest. But I'm over it. I just put the facts out there as they go.

I don't believe I was wrong in saying travis made it illegal to post anything on poker on the forums.
IG 1/21/08 Miss you mom

Being in sales is tough. Just when you think your day of rejections is over you end up going home to your wife for a couple more rounds.

Follow my twitter account: @AeroJim


Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje