My early C-South predictions were this:
1. Cambridge - undefeated last year, returns unquestionably the top player in the conference along with a host of other guys
2. New Glarus - wild card team; admittedly, I don't know a ton about the Glarner Knights but everyone else is up on them.
3. Waterloo - the other wild card team; I could see then anything from 7-2 down to 3-6
4. Marshall - seems really weird to put them in the bottom half, but after graduating a ton of guys it may be a rebuilding year. It's Marshall, though; won't be surprised if they go 6-3 and threaten for the C-South title
5. Belleville - might be able to be decent in most other conferences
6. Wisconsin Heights -- oof. 8-man might not come soon enough
And then I saw wishfootball drop a comment about Owens that's admittedly vague, but I guess necessarily so if nothing has been made public yet. If that does indeed pan out, the Blue Jays quite arguably go from being a contender in D5 to a team fighting to make 5-4. However, that hasn't happened yet - so unless things change, I've got Cambridge to win and to make a serious run in D5.
On the north side of the conference, my early impressions:
1. Lodi - graduated a ton of guys, but it's Lodi; they sit on top until someone knocks them off, but they're not a "run to the D4 semis" caliber team.
2. Columbus - I may be overrating the Cardinals right now, but that junior class has serious potential. Guys take a step forward, and I may be underrating them here.
3. Lake Mills - Again, may be reaching here, but I can see the L-Cats make a run at the postseason and scare someone.
4. Luther Prep - the Phoenix won't be terrible forever, will they? I'll say they take a step forward.
5. Lakeside Lutheran - my recollection is that the senior class was not particularly strong, and they graduated the offense.
6. Poynette - graduated pretty much everyone, and a new head coach. I could easily be lowballing the Pumas, but I don't see them as a top-half team.
Lodi was a top five team in the preseason rankings for D4.... who knows though.
And let's NOT spread rumors or drag this kid's name through the mud, nothing is confirmed YET and we don't or should not know the specific's of this kid's personal issues. Keep the rumors and "sources" out and let's have QFT.