wresle
Bloomer takes first two sets.
Quote 0 0
coach40
Lost in 5
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
wresle
Ya, that hurt. Couldn't stay up with the mismatch in size. It makes it hard to stay in it when the school you are playing has more than 2x the number of students, but that's the way it goes and you have to be able to finish.
Quote 0 0
coach40
wresle wrote:
Ya, that hurt. Couldn't stay up with the mismatch in size. It makes it hard to stay in it when the school you are playing has more than 2x the number of students, but that's the way it goes and you have to be able to finish.



I definitely do not disagree, However, I think in volleyball there is more room for small schools to play bigger schools. I saw Clayton defeat some very big schools this year. Same can be said of Grantsburg, Luck, Barron, etc.

I think what hurt Bloomer too was the net violations. Not knowing where you are hurt them as the night went on. A few double hits on sets too hurt.
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
wresle
I think Bloomer was really lacking that 6'2" 170lbs athletic girl that could control the net. I saw them play basketball before and I think the same thing holds true there, they don't have a big girl that can control the paint. They are all about 5'6". < OR = to 125lbs. I did see that Clayton beat some big school's, don't know what kind of size they have.
Quote 0 0
coach40
wresle wrote:
I think Bloomer was really lacking that 6'2" 170lbs athletic girl that could control the net. I saw them play basketball before and I think the same thing holds true there, they don't have a big girl that can control the paint. They are all about 5'6". < OR = to 125lbs. I did see that Clayton beat some big school's, don't know what kind of size they have.


Clayton is small. Very little height. Would say most are 5'6" or less.
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
wresle
coach40 wrote:
wresle wrote:
I think Bloomer was really lacking that 6'2" 170lbs athletic girl that could control the net. I saw them play basketball before and I think the same thing holds true there, they don't have a big girl that can control the paint. They are all about 5'6". < OR = to 125lbs. I did see that Clayton beat some big school's, don't know what kind of size they have.


Clayton is small. Very little height. Would say most are 5'6" or less.

That's very impressive than.
Quote 0 0
coach40
wresle wrote:
coach40 wrote:
wresle wrote:
I think Bloomer was really lacking that 6'2" 170lbs athletic girl that could control the net. I saw them play basketball before and I think the same thing holds true there, they don't have a big girl that can control the paint. They are all about 5'6". < OR = to 125lbs. I did see that Clayton beat some big school's, don't know what kind of size they have.


Clayton is small. Very little height. Would say most are 5'6" or less.

That's very impressive than.



They were!

I reffed them a couple times this year. Once at the Sprawl when I saw them compete with North, Osceola, and other much larger schools. Very fundamentally sound!
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
woodhoops
Wausau Newman over Seneca 3-0

Newmans Mariah Whalen unstoppable, only need 1 play - everybody pass it to her and let her crush it.

Would have been curious to see her stay at D1 Wausau West and how they would have done.
Quote 0 0
woodhoops
Also a shame that Neenah and Appleton North played in the first round. Ranked #1 and #2 in the State in D1, and from the same conference.
Quote 0 0
wresle
woodhoops wrote:
Also a shame that Neenah and Appleton North played in the first round. Ranked #1 and #2 in the State in D1, and from the same conference.


It's always hard when #1 and #2 meet before any championhip, but I would say if they are from the same conference than it's lucky that they didn't play before state and take one team out.
Quote 0 0
coach40
woodhoops wrote:
Wausau Newman over Seneca 3-0

Newmans Mariah Whalen unstoppable, only need 1 play - everybody pass it to her and let her crush it.

Would have been curious to see her stay at D1 Wausau West and how they would have done.



I reffed Wausau West two times this year. Very decent team. She would have taken them far!
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
coach40
wresle wrote:
woodhoops wrote:
Also a shame that Neenah and Appleton North played in the first round. Ranked #1 and #2 in the State in D1, and from the same conference.


It's always hard when #1 and #2 meet before any championhip, but I would say if they are from the same conference than it's lucky that they didn't play before state and take one team out.


I agree. As unfortunate as it is, they both made it there. Now if they were seeded in the same sectional that would be a travesty!
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
coach40
One final note....Was interesting to see that most matches were done in 3 with a smidgen of 4 sets in there. Also a trend Saturday was a tight first set and then a cruise control 2nd and 3rd.
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
Quote 0 0
wissportsnet

Boys Basketball Alumni Round-up: February 21st, from @ColtonWilson23 #wisbb -- https://t.co/0K6CZzZWpf https://t.co/715tfpBGVS

wissportsnet

WSN15: Boys Basketball Top Teams #12 -- Two NCAA Division I players at one WIAA Division 4 school = state champions… https://t.co/1MThqzce9L

wissportsnet

Predicting winners of every state wrestling title plus a look By The Numbers, from @Nate_Woelfel -… https://t.co/HgU1bLP7d6

wissportsnet

Join the free Boys Basketball Playoff Pick 'Em Contest; Staff picks coming Tuesday #wisbb -- https://t.co/Y6yTA3OgP8 https://t.co/hA6Uyw9uje