mickjagger
2015 State Spring Baseball Tournament

Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium, Grand Chute, WI

Tuesday, June 16


Division 1 Quarterfinals - 8 a.m.
Game 1 - Kimberly vs. Kenosha Indian Trail
Game 2 - River Falls vs. Milwaukee Reagan

Division 1 Quarterfinals - 1 p.m.
Game 3 - Bay Port vs. Oconomowoc
Game 4 - Baraboo vs. Janesville Craig

Division 1 Semifinals - 6 p.m.
Game 5 - Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2
Game 6 - Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 4

Wednesday, June 17

Division 4 Semifinals ? 8 a.m.
Game 1 - Spring Valley vs. Rio
Game 2 - Rib Lake vs. Ithaca

Division 3 Semifinals ? 1 p.m.
Game 1 - Chequamegon vs. Lake Country Lutheran
Game 2 - Marathon vs. Aquinas

Division 2 Semifinals ? 6 p.m.
Game 1 - West Salem vs. Milwaukee Lutheran
Game 2 - Notre Dame vs. River Valley

Thursday, June 18

Div. 4 Final - 9 a.m.
Div. 3 Final - 12 p.m.
Div. 2 Final - 3 p.m.
Div. 1 Final - 6 p.m.
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
amped0808
formerwiacbaseballer wrote:
Is Milwaukee Reagan a public City School, or are they one of the new Charter/Prep Schools?

Just don't remember seeing them in the brackets in past years.


They are a Public City School. They have been co-oped with a few other City schools for many of the sports they offer.
2013 WSN HOF Inductee, 2014 Derek Lendosky Poster of the Year
Wissports HOF Coordinator
Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior
WLC Men's Tennis Coach
WLC Men's Tennis: 2013-14 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament Champions (13-10)
Twitter
Quote 0 0
blade12
What happened to the mighty Arrowhead? Didn't they have like a bazillion D1 prospects on their roster?
Quote 0 0
formerwiacbaseballer
amped0808 wrote:
formerwiacbaseballer wrote:
Is Milwaukee Reagan a public City School, or are they one of the new Charter/Prep Schools?

Just don't remember seeing them in the brackets in past years.


They are a Public City School. They have been co-oped with a few other City schools for many of the sports they offer.

That's why I asked.... I Googled it, and it came up as a "Prep" School.

http://www.google.com/search?q=milwaukee+reagan+high+school&oq=milwaukee+reagan+high+school&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l5.7390j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8&gws_rd=ssl
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Quote 0 0
formerwiacbaseballer
blade12 wrote:
What happened to the mighty Arrowhead? Didn't they have like a bazillion D1 prospects on their roster?

That's the thing with baseball.... One player (pitcher) has the ability to beat another team even if they are less talented 1-9. Appears that was the case yesterday with Regan knocking off Arrowhead 5-0.

The same could be said about Green Bay Notre Dame and their 5-0 victory over D2 #1 Denmark.
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Quote 0 0
blade12
formerwiacbaseballer wrote:
blade12 wrote:
What happened to the mighty Arrowhead? Didn't they have like a bazillion D1 prospects on their roster?

That's the thing with baseball.... One player (pitcher) has the ability to beat another team even if they are less talented 1-9. Appears that was the case yesterday with Regan knocking off Arrowhead 5-0.

The same could be said about Green Bay Notre Dame and their 5-0 victory over D2 #1 Denmark.


Notre Dame pitched a freshmen yesterday.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/high-school/baseball/2015/06/09/notre-dame-advances-state-th-time-years/28774971/
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
Link to Tuesday's (6/9) Sectional semi-final and championship scores:
http://www.wissports.net/schedule/day/league_instance/27191/2015/6/9?subseason=206682&referrer=1596684&tag_match=all
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
formerwiacbaseballer
Is Milwaukee Reagan a public City School, or are they one of the new Charter/Prep Schools?

Just don't remember seeing them in the brackets in past years.
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
mickjagger wrote:
2015 State Spring Baseball Tournament

Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium, Grand Chute, WI

Tuesday, June 16


Division 1 Quarterfinals - 8 a.m.
Game 1 - Kimberly vs. Kenosha Indian Trail
Game 2 - River Falls vs. Milwaukee Reagan

Division 1 Quarterfinals - 1 p.m.
Game 3 - Bay Port vs. Oconomowoc
Game 4 - Baraboo vs. Janesville Craig

Division 1 Semifinals - 6 p.m.
Game 5 - Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2
Game 6 - Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 4

Wednesday, June 17

Division 4 Semifinals ? 8 a.m.
Game 1 - Spring Valley vs. Rio
Game 2 - Rib Lake vs. Ithaca

Division 3 Semifinals ? 1 p.m.
Game 1 - Chequamegon vs. Lake Country Lutheran
Game 2 - Marathon vs. Aquinas

Division 2 Semifinals ? 6 p.m.
Game 1 - West Salem vs. Milwaukee Lutheran
Game 2 - Notre Dame vs. River Valley

Thursday, June 18

Div. 4 Final - 9 a.m.
Div. 3 Final - 12 p.m.
Div. 2 Final - 3 p.m.
Div. 1 Final - 6 p.m.

WSN Tournament Preview:
http://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/524605?referrer_id=532521

Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
Tuesday, 6/16

D-1 Final Scores

Quarterfinals
Kimberly 3
Kenosha Indian Trail 0

River Falls 10
Milwaukee Reagan 0 (5 Innings)

Oconomowoc 1
Bayport 0

Janesville Craig 7
Baraboo 1

Semi-Finals
Kimberly 6
River Falls 4

Janesville Craig 4
Oconomowoc 0

Game Recaps
http://www.wiaawi.org/News/NewsReleases/tabid/113/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6539/State-Spring-Baseball-Recaps.aspx

Box Scores:
http://www.wiaawi.org/Sports/BaseballSpring.aspx
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
mickjagger wrote:
Tuesday, 6/16

D-1 Final Scores

Quarterfinals
Kimberly 3
Kenosha Indian Trail 0

River Falls 10
Milwaukee Reagan 0 (5 Innings)

Oconomowoc 1
Bayport 0

Janesville Craig 7
Baraboo 1

Semi-Finals
Kimberly 6
River Falls 4

Janesville Craig 4
Oconomowoc 0

Game Recaps:
http://www.wiaawi.org/News/NewsReleases/tabid/113/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6539/State-Spring-Baseball-Recaps.aspx

Box Scores:
http://www.wiaawi.org/Sports/BaseballSpring.aspx
Wednesday, 6/17/15

Semi-Finals - Final Scores

Division 4
Rio (22-4) 10
Spring Valley (19-4) 5

Ithaca (23-3) 9
Rib Lake (18-8) 0

Division 3
Lake Country Lutheran (27-2) 9
Chequamegon (21-7) 3

Aquinas (27-3) 11
Marathon (26-3) 3

Division 2
MIlwaukee Lutheran (18-13) 1
West Salem (23-5) 0

Notre Dame (20-10) 8
River Valley (22-7) 1

Box Scores:
http://www.wiaawi.org/Sports/BaseballSpring.aspx

Game Recaps:
http://www.wiaawi.org/News/NewsReleases/tabid/113/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6539/State-Spring-Baseball-Recaps.aspx
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0
formerwiacbaseballer
Arguably the best group of State Championship games since the Tournament was moved to Appleton. Four great games, without a single blowout victory.
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Quote 0 0
banks93
formerwiacbaseballer wrote:
Arguably the best group of State Championship games since the Tournament was moved to Appleton. Four great games, without a single blowout victory.


I agree some really great teams and games. Thank you to the coaches and players.
Quote 0 0
mickjagger
mickjagger wrote:
mickjagger wrote:
Tuesday, 6/16

D-1 Final Scores

Quarterfinals
Kimberly 3
Kenosha Indian Trail 0

River Falls 10
Milwaukee Reagan 0 (5 Innings)

Oconomowoc 1
Bayport 0

Janesville Craig 7
Baraboo 1

Semi-Finals
Kimberly 6
River Falls 4

Janesville Craig 4
Oconomowoc 0

Game Recaps:
http://www.wiaawi.org/News/NewsReleases/tabid/113/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6539/State-Spring-Baseball-Recaps.aspx

Box Scores:
http://www.wiaawi.org/Sports/BaseballSpring.aspx

Wednesday, 6/17

Semi-Finals - Final Scores

Division 4
Rio (22-4) 10
Spring Valley (19-4) 5

Ithaca (23-3) 9
Rib Lake (18-8) 0

Division 3
Lake Country Lutheran (27-2) 9
Chequamegon (21-7) 3

Aquinas (27-3) 11
Marathon (26-3) 3

Division 2
MIlwaukee Lutheran (18-13) 1
West Salem (23-5) 0

Notre Dame (20-10) 8
River Valley (22-7) 1

Box Scores:
http://www.wiaawi.org/Sports/BaseballSpring.aspx

Game Recaps:
http://www.wiaawi.org/News/NewsReleases/tabid/113/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6539/State-Spring-Baseball-Recaps.aspx

Thursday, 6/18/15

Championship Games - Final Scores

Division 4
Rio (23-4) 1
Ithaca (23-4) 0

Division 3
Lake Country Lutheran (28-2) 5
LaCrosse Aquinas (27-4) 4

Division 2
Milwaukee Lutheran (19-13) 4
Notre Dame (20-11) 3

Division 1
Janesville Craig ((29-1) 2
Kimberly (26-5) 0

Game Recaps:
http://www.wiaawi.org/News/NewsReleases/tabid/113/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6553/Four-State-Baseball-Champions-Crowned.aspx

Box Scores:
http://www.wiaawi.org/Sports/BaseballSpring.aspx
Wisconsin Sports Network Hall of Fame Inductee, 2012
Quote 0 0